[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Zone Defense
Author Thread
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
12/6/2004  12:53 PM
Hey,
How do you think the Knicks would do if they played more of a zone defense? They have been getting killed against teams playing it on them. Would it help their defensive problems or just make them worse?
Kenny SkyWalker
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2004  1:00 PM
they have the right personel for it. Smaller quick players. Here's the thing, if you dont play it well its horrible. Chaney tried it a couple times last year and the Knicks were so bad at it it wasnt even funny.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
12/6/2004  3:42 PM
My biggest concern is this:
Isaih has put together a team that comprises of below average to average at best defenders. This is for the starting 5 -
1)Marbury - Can't shut down another teams point guard. I love Marbury's game and I love watching him on offense but he is really bad at moving his feet and preventing dribble penetration. He gambles too much and tries to use his hands instead of his feet to defend. I'm not saying he can never become a good defender but it does not look like it will happen anytime soon. I'm suprised he can't be a better defender because of his strength and quickness.
2) Crawford - He is great at getting a nice steal or two every game. However, that doesn't make up for his inability to defend bigger, stronger shooting guards.
3) Tim Thomas - He is an average defender. Sometimes below average if his head is not in the game. Can be good at times depending on the matchup (Lebron).
4) Kurt - consistently average to slightly above average. Picks up too many fouls, no shot blocking presence but can play good solid man to man defense. Sometimes gives up too much height especially if he is guarding the opponents center.
5)Nazr - average to below average defensively- no shotblocking, fouls easily, not physical.
Bench:

Kenny SkyWalker
Zone Defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy