[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

TT, revisited
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2004  10:15 AM
Now that TT has put up some better numbers over the last
few games, what is the sentiment out there about him?

I have missed a couple of the games, so I will not speak
authoritatively, but from what I did see,
it still seems he's not really "a part of" the team.
Doesn't mesh well with our guards;
still brings no intangibles. No fire.
The numbers -- what you see is what you get, that's all.

Personally, I still want him gone, as soon as Isiah can get
fair value for him. What do you think?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2004  11:05 AM
I have soured on him for a couple reasons...
We dont need his scoring. It doesnt come from inside and his scoring doesnt open the floor for other guys like Marbury or Sweetney's does.

He still doesnt play D or rebound. He's had a couple games where you could see the effort, but in a way that makes me dislike him even more. It just tells you that he's not trying rather than just not being good at something. Houston is not a good defender but he plays hard. He's just not good. TT is bad and doesnt try.
I hate his demeanor. He's got no intensity. He picks up bad fouls and goes to the bench snickering.
I would rather have Ariza and Houston split the minutes with maybe a sprinkle of Jerome until Penny is 100%. At least with those 3 you know your getting some D, some rebounding some shooting.

Peronsally I dont care if TT just comes off the bench for 20 minutes a game for the next 2 years and they just let his $15mm after next year come off the books.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/6/2004  11:22 AM
he still frustrates the hell out of me whenever i see him loafing on the court...he gave a nice effort against the Bobcats, but he let Steve Smith score crucial points down the stretch that really hurt us.

i will give him credit for playing a solid game, but that still doesn't explain why he can't give that type of effort on a nightly basis.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2004  12:29 PM
When he blindly handed the ball off marburys foot in the backcourt against memphis the other nite really pissed me off. That was one of the stupidest turnovers I have ever seen anywhere!

I sypathize with his plight, but after than I really don't want to see him.
Panos
12/6/2004  12:38 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I have soured on him for a couple reasons...
We dont need his scoring. It doesnt come from inside and his scoring doesnt open the floor for other guys like Marbury or Sweetney's does.

He still doesnt play D or rebound. He's had a couple games where you could see the effort, but in a way that makes me dislike him even more. It just tells you that he's not trying rather than just not being good at something. Houston is not a good defender but he plays hard. He's just not good. TT is bad and doesnt try.
I hate his demeanor. He's got no intensity. He picks up bad fouls and goes to the bench snickering.
I would rather have Ariza and Houston split the minutes with maybe a sprinkle of Jerome until Penny is 100%. At least with those 3 you know your getting some D, some rebounding some shooting.

Great summary of his game/effort/affect on the game.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/6/2004  12:40 PM
Gotta dial up the Sixers line and get Big Dog in here. TT has to go! I wish he starts producing so we can get something better than Big Dog. Ah! Wishful thinking.
Panos
12/6/2004  12:44 PM
I'd love to find a LJ type player out there.
Somebody who gives the effort, plays D, has leadership qualities,
and can hit a clutch shot (or 4-point play).
Panos
12/6/2004  12:45 PM
I guess without the clutch shot part, that's JYD.
TT, revisited

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy