[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks, Crawford: Stats don't tell the story
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/6/2004  9:46 AM
I hear people that say hey Craw did this or Naz put up these numbers, so at least they brought it. If you giving up points your hurting your team....

This weekend proved again that the Knicks are not a good team and the East is a very weak conference....

The Knicks should have beat the Magic but didn't, Crawford has been dissapearing at the end of games lately, and don't give me he won us two games. He won us one, and nearly cost us in Atlanta with his poor shot selection.....Against the magic he falls asleep and forgets to box out his man, and then allows a steal on the inbounds man which never....never happens...Keep in mind Mobley had 31 points....

The next night his play down the stretch was suspect again....But its his MO 50% great 50% terrible. This needs to change, as does our lack of defensive intensity, which seems to be none, where is it.....

They almost lost to Atlanta, they lost to the Bobcats, they nearly blew it against Houston, they have played unispired ball most of the time.......

This team needs to gain an identity. Washed up superstars just concerned with stats usually gets you a Jalen Rose...my stats speak for themselves attitude...But when people sacrifice and actually earn their money something special happens...Memphis wins 50 games, the Jazz nearly get into the Playoffs, the Bucks surprise everyone last year, Doc Rivers nearly gets a team to the playoffs filled with reserves.....

The Knicks need to get that kind of attitude that they are going to give up their stats in order to get wins....So stop trying to "not hear that", try to "get mine" and give yourself up play team ball, run the floor get back on d, switch on screens and don't give up when your bitch ass (Tim Thomas) gets beat....

This team wins 46 in their sleep if they just bring the intensity
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2004  10:16 AM
funny how these posts go away when the Knicks win 5 of 6 and get some good wins.

Why is it so hard to accept that building a team takes time, and when you turn over a roster and add younger players there is an adjustment period? I'm not talking about 3 weeks here either.

If your going to be this impatient with Crawford what do you want to do? Would you rather have Steve Smith or Voshon Lenard? He's 24, he's been on the Bulls for the last 3 years.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/6/2004  10:23 AM
crawford is only 24 and considering what he can do now, to me its pretty remarkable. he definately doesnt have the experience yet, but that will come with time and age. he is still learning so much. great steal by IT and great player of the future.

[Edited by - jaydh on 12/06/2004 10:23:55]
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/6/2004  10:30 AM
Can you please name these good wins....

Toronto, Atlanta twice, Rockets, Grizzles 5 of our wins

Nice wins Cleveland, Philly

Lets be realistic here, its a new team, all these players are taken care of the payroll is 102 million. Perhaps if we were playing the NBA elite and playing them well, but we have been playing very suspect, and should be much better off than we are at the moment, Houston will help but the team is not playing with enough heart.

Blown out
34 against Boston on Opening Night
18 against the Spurs
23 against the Raptors
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2004  10:52 AM
winning at Houston is a good win and the Clippers are a very good team with a good record in the West.

As for the 100mm payroll the only way we were going to improve was by taking on more $$. The roster Layden left behind was horrible and full of bad contracts. The payroll was over $90mm when Isiah took over.

the team is being rebuilt, people need to realize that and be patient, and also understand that after next year a lot of these guys wont be here. We play 8-9 guys right now. They are 19, 22, 24, 27, 27, 27, 31, 32 and 32.

Last year the youngest guys in the rotation were KVH and Doleac. If you want to count McDyess go ahead. Everyone else was over 30.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knicks, Crawford: Stats don't tell the story

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy