[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/5/2004  10:10 AM
I don't like what I've seen from him. His shot is atrocious and because of that he has to drive and he always gets mangled inside. He needs to bulk up in the worse way because right now he provides us with zero offense. It's not that he's playing out of control it's that he's not strong enough to finish.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/5/2004  10:12 AM
For a 19 year old second round pick, I really like what I see from him. He is still learning the game. He is going to make rookie mistakes all season, but there is so much potential in him. He's already one of our better defenders (which isn't saying much, but still).
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2004  10:33 AM
he needs time physically and fundamentally to get better. there are a lot of positives from trevor, but the more i watch him, the more i realize that this year should be all about making his body stronger and working on his fundamental game. he does help out a lot in certain games, there is no doubt he can play and help, but really at this time he is so raw in terms of body and fundamentals --hes got a great sense for the game but he needs to learn how to dribble and shoot. I fine with him staying on the 12 man squad but there is no longer a true need to make sure he gets 15+ minutes--he could get that, but more important is working on the body and skills 6 days a week. he looks like he is physically tired--hes not springing up as much--remember he only played 25 college games and had a very serious lung problem just last year. his body may still need time to mature
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/5/2004  6:35 PM
Ariza plays out of control but he knows what he is doing.......that's what will make him good in the future.

He needs to learn the pro game. He has a knack for getting to the rack for tip dunks. He's gotta learn when he can get those and when he should just catch it and bring it back down.

He also has an annoying habit of stopping his dribble. He needs to learn from Marbs and Craw. Aot of times he would dribble to a spot and stop and then look for a pass. He's got to learn to keep the ball alive before he has an option open.

Plus his jumpshot is very robotic. There is no real aggression to his jump shooting. His form is perfect. He's just shooting very soft. His whole body language changes when he shoots. He's clearly uncomfortable and just trying to follow through with what the coaches are telling him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy