[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just when we were starting to feel positive about the team...
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/5/2004  1:09 AM
We've dropped back down to .500. Is this really a surprise?

Looking at how we've been playing lately, it looks like we haven't really developed a clear identity yet. It seems like more often than not, we play to the level of our opponents, whether they're good or not.

If the other team plays an uptempo, up and down game, we get into that style too. It seems like we try to out-do other teams at what they do--- we don't force them to play our game (whatever that might be).
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/5/2004  1:11 AM
im used to it baby, im a knicks fan
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/5/2004  3:53 AM
don't forget that it was the 4th game in what, five nights ?

it would have been great if we had won, but that kind of schedule is just plain brutal.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2004  4:58 AM
Posted by raven:

don't forget that it was the 4th game in what, five nights ?

it would have been great if we had won, but that kind of schedule is just plain brutal.

We are younger, more athletic this year. A loss is a loss.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/5/2004  10:02 AM
There will be tons of ups and downs this year. Right now we are at .500 with Houston set to make his return. Tell me this at the start of the season, and I'm happy. The last two losses were brutal, but they're over with. Forget about them, we should be worrying about how we will be coming out for the next few games.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/5/2004  10:45 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

There will be tons of ups and downs this year. Right now we are at .500 with Houston set to make his return. Tell me this at the start of the season, and I'm happy. The last two losses were brutal, but they're over with. Forget about them, we should be worrying about how we will be coming out for the next few games.
I'd agree with that. This team has played like a .500 team and is a .500 team. I expect that the team will be improved when Houston returns. Of course we all got greedy after the team started 8-6, but given the schedule, before the season started I definitely would have taken 8-8 after 16 games.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/5/2004  10:46 AM
The mind set of the team is set by the coach. Lenny likes to adjust his team to the opponent which I think is a deafeat in it self. I would rather Lenny make the other team adjust to the Knicks not the other way around. The team doesn't have a will. A team that does have one usually imposes it on their opponents no matter what. Championship and winning teams were known to impose their will on the opponents. Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Nets, Knicks of 90's.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2004  12:38 PM
Posted by Vmart:

The mind set of the team is set by the coach. Lenny likes to adjust his team to the opponent which I think is a deafeat in it self. I would rather Lenny make the other team adjust to the Knicks not the other way around. The team doesn't have a will. A team that does have one usually imposes it on their opponents no matter what. Championship and winning teams were known to impose their will on the opponents. Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Nets, Knicks of 90's.

I am in agreement here. The Knicks adjust to opponents instead of the other way around. But the team is a "young" one and is still learning.

I am guessing that the goal of this year's squad is to play with consistency, evolve to a point where Marb is a leader, end up just above .500, get better in small facets of the game.

The next evolution after that is getting a sure-fire team identity.

The team has a long way to go, but I see progress, and realistically, that's as much as you hope for with a mediocre team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2004  12:47 PM
Problem is we are not really that great, and not bad enough to turn the team over to the rookies. WE can trade for help now vets, or keep building toward the future.

Keep dolan happy with a good gate while keeping an eye on the future. Isiah can juggle both but for so long until he must commit.

KT's high trade value is to a team grying to get over the hump, or the bulls trying to stop a free fall.

I prefer we sit Penny in favor of Ariza. Penny has been breaking down for some time. I know he claimed to be pain free at seasons beginning, but even if true, it was short lived. He has been a good soldier, but its time to develope the future.

Its cool to try winning with the vets, but we just may have a limited upside doing that.

WTF is up with Baker! I thought he would be the comeback player of the year with his heath restored and his flashes of brilliance in short bursts last year. This has really been a disappointment!
'
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/6/2004  3:26 AM
Baker kind of fell off the map--- but the numbers don't lie. Nazr and KT might not be a great all-around players, but over the last few seasons, there have been remarkably few players in the NBA averaging double-doubles. Both of them have a chance of accomplishing that feat this year--- I suppose if Crawford keeps missing shots at his current rate, it'll be very possible.

Baker could probably provide us with some solid low-post play on offense, but it'd take a leap of faith (or a major injury) for him to get enough minutes to feel comfortable.

Lenny Wilkens will not be the coach of the team next year, that much is clear.

.500 is pretty acceptable, considering we haven't finished a season at that % in years. We're a blockbuster trade away from truly contending (Could Shareef be our Rasheed?)?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Just when we were starting to feel positive about the team...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy