[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Bobcats 12/4
Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
12/4/2004  9:26 PM
Lenny was just out-coached in my opoinion. The only things the Knicks did was ride Crawford for most of the game and when that stopped working, the Knicks had nothing. And how does Steve Smith get 20 points ? He must be like 40 years old, Lenny should have kept Ariza on him more. Oh well, back to .500
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
12/4/2004  9:27 PM
Freaking horrible! But I don't think we are bad as people are making us out to be right now. Luckily we still have Houston's return to look forward to. I keep telling myself that the Pistons lost in Charolette too.

I gotta get outside and let off some steam before my head explodes.
Not going to be in a good mood for the next few days.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
12/4/2004  9:27 PM
Posted by matt:

. Oh well, back to .500
Come Tuesday night at around 10:30 it'll be "oh well, back to under .500"
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
matt
Member: #487
USA
12/4/2004  9:30 PM
Well maybe Tuesday Houston will come back. So much for Isiah saying in the middle of the summer that Houston could have played then if he wanted to. That kinda sends a mixed message to me that its taken an extra month or two to get back...
NYK3
USA
12/4/2004  9:34 PM
This team will be right around .500 all year long, IMO I dont see them winning anymore than 43 games
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/4/2004  9:48 PM
like i said, you cannot have the nbas worst %FG defense and continue to win games. we have stayed in games and pulled some out because of offensive rebounding by nazr, HUGE games by Marbury and the sometimes sizzling timely shooting by crawford. things breakdown a lot from there. i will say it again as well, for all those kt lovers we WONt win big with him starting. hes a good player, but IMHO, he is a guy who should be coming off the bench. nazr needs to keep out of FT, but he has been a monster rebounding. he should be playing 4 and we need a real C or atleast another 6-10 250+ guy who can really move athletically. oh yeah, we absolutley S U C K at the 1-2-3 on the D SCK
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/4/2004  9:53 PM
Posted by NYK3:

if we cant beat the Bobcats theres no way we are winning in Memphis
Basketball just doesn't work that way. You can lose to the worst and beat the best team in back to back games. Things like that happen all the time.
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2004  9:54 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

like i said, you cannot have the nbas worst %FG defense and continue to win games. we have stayed in games and pulled some out because of offensive rebounding by nazr, HUGE games by Marbury and the sometimes sizzling timely shooting by crawford. things breakdown a lot from there. i will say it again as well, for all those kt lovers we WONt win big with him starting. hes a good player, but IMHO, he is a guy who should be coming off the bench. nazr needs to keep out of FT, but he has been a monster rebounding. he should be playing 4 and we need a real C or atleast another 6-10 250+ guy who can really move athletically. oh yeah, we absolutley S U C K at the 1-2-3 on the D SCK
But Kurt got four free throw attempts. You should be happy. FTAs have been your only basis of evaluating Kurt; so he must have had a very good game.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/4/2004  9:54 PM
Good Game
NYK3
USA
12/4/2004  9:55 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:

Basketball just doesn't work that way. You can lose to the worst and beat the best team in back to back games. Things like that happen all the time.
yea that happens to good teams, we just arent a good team right now...I dont see the Knicks winning Tuesday @ Memphis or Friday @ Washington. We just dont play good enough D to beat good teams
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2004  9:56 PM
Posted by NYK3:

GOOD teams just dont lose games like this
Sure they do! 45ish win teams look awful on many nights and great on others. Don't have such a short-term only memory. No one's denying that tonight was awful.
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2004  10:00 PM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:

yea that happens to good teams, we just arent a good team right now...I dont see the Knicks winning Tuesday @ Memphis or Friday @ Washington. We just dont play good enough D to beat good teams
Get real, man. It's the same team that beat Memphis just a few days ago. It's the same team that beat well above .500 teams like Cleveland and LA and teams better than their records like Memphis and Houston. The Knicks are as inconsistent as most .500 or .550 teams, which means you just CANNOT make predictions for the next game based on the previous game.
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
12/4/2004  10:04 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

This is a ****ing disaster. We finally get two games over 500 and then we lose two games we should have won and we're back at 500. And we're probably gonna lose in Memphis. This team is sliding backwards when they should be headed straight up.

Why should they be? This is a .500 team, and they're at .500. They will lose one for every one they win. If you didn't know that before, now you do.

Anyone who expects this team to suddenly take the league by storm is kidding himself. If they have a 5-game win streak, expect a 5-game losing streak to follow. I'm actually pleased with this team compard to last year's, simply because they play more exciting ball. Even when the team from the last two seasons won, it was boring to watch, and you got the feeling they won by accident.

Yes, this team can't play defense. They get killed by opposing frontcourts. They're a terrible road team. But, most people pretty much bet on them to win anywhere from 39-45 games, and that's the course they're on right now. If anything is going to make them better, it's going to be the players working together as a team, improving the chemistry on the floor.

I think they can win this division. Sure, they probably won't have homecourt against teams like Orlando, DC, or Cleveland, all of whom seem to be just a bit better than NY, but this is what I expected. There are no superstars playing for this team. The closest thing to a star this team has is Marbury, and he has a crappy rep overshadowed by a lot of undeserved hype.

Do I wish the Knicks were better? Sure, but the players are at fault before Lenny is, but Lenny is the only one Isiah can easily get rid of to make a statement. No one should expect this team to keep a .600 record.
NYK3
USA
12/4/2004  10:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:

Get real, man. It's the same team that beat Memphis just a few days ago. It's the same team that beat well above .500 teams like Cleveland and LA and teams better than their records like Memphis and Houston. The Knicks are as inconsistent as most .500 or .550 teams, which means you just CANNOT make predictions for the next game based on the previous game.
We beat teams like Mem, LA, Cle at home, we cannot beat these teams on the road...ur the one who needs to get real, we are TERRIBLE on the road and will not beat good teams away from MSG, our D is just too terrible
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
12/4/2004  10:10 PM
damn our defense is so badddd. we consittantly allow over 100 pts, and the opposing pf always put up big numbers against us, i love kurt and everything, but damn we getting killed by them pfs.
NYK3
USA
12/4/2004  10:13 PM
i agree minty, and also HOW THE HELL DO WE ALLOW STEVE SMITH TO GO OFF LIKE HE DID?? THEIR DEFENSE IS SO INEXCUSABLE
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/4/2004  10:14 PM
Wow!! Plain garbage!!! What a downer!

How could this team lose to an expansion team lacking one of their better players?! And I discover that Crawford exploded for 41 points and still lost? We let them score 107 pts?! Even the garbage Nets defeated this team! This was a game that should've been won by a lot! This is sad and pathetic! They should feel very very ashamed and I don't care what people say, this should've been a win, and more after last night's game!

Plain garbage!!! They should feel sooooo ashamed!!! 8-8??!? Garbage!!!!!
BOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!!!
Knicks_Fan
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
12/4/2004  10:15 PM
Don't start chalking up the L's right yet. This team is very inconsistant. We can pull of a W on any given night, the same way we can lose on any given night.
The more games we have like this, the more you can sense a change to be made, whether it be trade, or coaching change.

Still should be an interesting season. Just gotta endure the bumps this year.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 12/04/2004 22:20:23]
NYK3
USA
12/4/2004  10:18 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Don't start chalking up the L's right yet. This team is very inconsistant. We can pull of a W on any given night, the same way we can lose on any given night.
The more games we have like this, the more you can sense or change to be made, whether it be trade, or coaching change.

Still should be an interesting year. Just gotta endure the bumps this year.
I agree with you Matt that on any given night we can win but I am just so down on this team when it comes to playing on the road. I have absolutely no confidence in them when they play away from MSG
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2004  10:20 PM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by NYK3:

We beat teams like Mem, LA, Cle at home, we cannot beat these teams on the road...ur the one who needs to get real, we are TERRIBLE on the road and will not beat good teams away from MSG, our D is just too terrible
It's just way too early in the season to reach a conclusion about whether this is a decent road (or home) team or not. Plenty of teams have struggled for the first 6 or 8 road games and finished stronger.
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Bobcats 12/4

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy