[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

get ZO!
Author Thread
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
12/4/2004  6:12 PM
Posted by Ira:

That would be a great move. Zo, Nazr, Kurt and Sweets means we have decent play and good depth up front. But does anyone have reason to believe that the Nets are looking to get rid of Zo? Why would they rather have Baker and Moochie?
"But does anyone have reason to believe that the Nets are looking to get rid of Zo?"
do you read the papers?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/4/2004  6:32 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by Ira:

That would be a great move. Zo, Nazr, Kurt and Sweets means we have decent play and good depth up front. But does anyone have reason to believe that the Nets are looking to get rid of Zo? Why would they rather have Baker and Moochie?
"But does anyone have reason to believe that the Nets are looking to get rid of Zo?"
do you read the papers?
I get the impression that they'll get rid of anyone other than RJ for picks and long-term cap savings
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2004  6:34 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

I know it has nothing to do with Zo, but it do has to do with the big problem NY is having with the zone. Really, we don't need to make an emergency trade like that one for Zo. Some of you hate Houston because he didn't suit up last playoffs and at the start of this season. What will happen if Zo has to AGAIN call it quits and leave us with his contract. The last thing we need is another player not playing but earning big money from us. I prefere to stay put or sign a free agent with nothing to lose. A healthy Zo would help us, but a retired one will not. In the begining of the season when Nazr was terrible, if you wanted to win now, ok, make the deal if you wish, take the risk. But we don't need to do it to win now. The best thing Isiah can have now is patience, because down the road, a young big man will be avaliable and he could come up with him.

Get Allan healthy! Get this team together and see them grow! Even get Baker moving because he is doing nothing! Don't make more trades than you need to. And i said NEED TO...
If we get Zo by giving up someone who probably won't have a role on the team in the playoffs (Baker or Moochie), then there is no loss if Zo can't play in the playoffs. That's the worst case scenario--no net gain or net loss. It's not an emergency trade to give up a player you don't need to get a good role player who can help your team.
daddynel
12/4/2004  6:53 PM
we need interior 'd' and post play. he gives us both.
regardless of the fact that he's missing a kidney, or a bad kidney or whatever, you can't deny his heart. not to mention the fact that we would'nt feel like has to be an impact player because he does'nt. he could back up nazr and still get quality mins.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/4/2004  10:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knicksfan:

I know it has nothing to do with Zo, but it do has to do with the big problem NY is having with the zone. Really, we don't need to make an emergency trade like that one for Zo. Some of you hate Houston because he didn't suit up last playoffs and at the start of this season. What will happen if Zo has to AGAIN call it quits and leave us with his contract. The last thing we need is another player not playing but earning big money from us. I prefere to stay put or sign a free agent with nothing to lose. A healthy Zo would help us, but a retired one will not. In the begining of the season when Nazr was terrible, if you wanted to win now, ok, make the deal if you wish, take the risk. But we don't need to do it to win now. The best thing Isiah can have now is patience, because down the road, a young big man will be avaliable and he could come up with him.

Get Allan healthy! Get this team together and see them grow! Even get Baker moving because he is doing nothing! Don't make more trades than you need to. And i said NEED TO...
If we get Zo by giving up someone who probably won't have a role on the team in the playoffs (Baker or Moochie), then there is no loss if Zo can't play in the playoffs. That's the worst case scenario--no net gain or net loss. It's not an emergency trade to give up a player you don't need to get a good role player who can help your team.

If the wort case scenario happened, it would be a loss because of his contract. Even if he did played well, it would hurt our intentions of dealing for a younger big man. We are in NY, but contracts still matter. Don't tell me you will not call it a loss if you had to have Zo's contract for three years and him not playing anything of it. We may lose nothing in terms of players, but we do move some steps back in our contracts situation ans in our future trades.
Knicks_Fan
daddynel
12/4/2004  11:46 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knicksfan:

If the wort case scenario happened, it would be a loss because of his contract. Even if he did played well, it would hurt our intentions of dealing for a younger big man. We are in NY, but contracts still matter. Don't tell me you will not call it a loss if you had to have Zo's contract for three years and him not playing anything of it. We may lose nothing in terms of players, but we do move some steps back in our contracts situation ans in our future trades.
if i'm not misstaken his contract ends the same year houston's does. until then we're FUBAR'ed anyway.
Bonn1997
USA
12/5/2004  12:41 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knicksfan:

if i'm not misstaken his contract ends the same year houston's does. until then we're FUBAR'ed anyway.
Yup; it's a tiny contract with three years remaining and well worth the price. If we can afford to spend $8 mil on Moochie Norris, we can afford to take a gamble by paying the same amount to an athletic C who blocks 3 shots a game.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/05/2004 00:42:13]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2004  5:29 AM
Zo worth it if he does a Mutumbo like buy out and comes cheaper.

He sounds like he wants starter money, but wants to be a back up on a contender.

We are not contenders just yet, and he won't take us over the top.

Our reality is not where our hearts want us to be.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/10/2004  3:53 AM
This is why I didn't want Morning and still don't:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/36098.htm
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/10/2004  12:41 PM
Hey man. Nobody said getting Zo was the long term solution. He can help us a little on the defense this year and next year. After that, he's an ending contract, like Houston. But I'd still rather go after Dalembert of Kwame.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/10/2004  1:17 PM
Baker, Brewer, Sundov and Houston's #2. With Zo coming out with this and still 3yrs left at 5-6mil. NJ probably would love to give him up for ending deals and 2nd rd picks.

Zo would be perfect for us. Inside D and shot blocking. Muhammad allows us not to depend on him either. Plus he makes NY more attractive for other players.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
USA
12/10/2004  3:49 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Hey man. Nobody said getting Zo was the long term solution. He can help us a little on the defense this year and next year. After that, he's an ending contract, like Houston. But I'd still rather go after Dalembert of Kwame.
Well, I'm pretty sure Briggs did mention that he would offer Sweetney for Zo
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/10/2004  4:23 PM
Get the Mailman already in a uni!!
Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/10/2004  5:32 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

No, I don't think he can be any solution. He will be on and off the DL for the remainder of his career.
get ZO!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy