[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

downfall of the Bulls (mention's of Curry and Chandler)
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/3/2004  12:15 AM
Darius is a good example but not O'neal, he just never got the chance in Portland
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/3/2004  12:43 AM
Good read and I agree with fishmike, we have some good young pieces, lets keep winning and hold on to guys like nazr and see how desperate teams get come trade deadline, I think we can get a steal then...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/3/2004  4:12 AM
very good article. sam smith really is a good writter.
Ira
Member: #91
12/3/2004  5:24 AM
I'm becoming more positive about Curry. I don't expect him ever to be a star, but he could be a decent big man - something like Bill Cartwright was many years ago. He's got good inside moves and his rebounding is starting to improve - from embarassing to decent.

I would avoid trading Sweetney and try to avoid trading Ariza. But I would move KT if necessary. If I could do this deal with TT or Penny, I'd jump all over it.
Pike
Member: #403
12/3/2004  4:28 PM
In a reasonable deal, I want Curry!! I agree with Martin, he needs to get out of Chicago. As I said earlier, the man has tremendous skills. Let my man Aguirre work with him and he'll be a fantastic player for us.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/6/2004  3:15 AM
Before you start giving all the credit to Mark Aguirre, what exactly has he accomplished? Yes, Sweetney has turned into a summer league juggernaut... but so far this season, he has not convincingly shown he's ready to be a star (let alone starter) in the NBA.

His numbers are positively journeyman bigman-like... the type you'd see when you look at the numerous 15mpg PF/Cs around the league.

I like the idea of acquiring Curry (and letting go of Sweetney in the trade). It's not exactly the same scenario, but remember the old Cartwright/Oakley trade?

Statistically, Oakley was a monster before and after the trade-- a 10rpg type player for the next decade. A good acquisition for the Knicks. Cartwright was the missing championship piece for the Bulls. They were better off with a true center with low post capabilities than the sheer double-double stats of the Oakman.

The Knicks aren't so different--- we desperately need a low post bigman, and TT will NEVER cut it. I'm not convinced that Sweetney has IT either (I just keep seeing a 'Spoon-type journeyman in him).

If we lose Sweets and manage to keep KT/Nazr, we'd still have two double-double-type big men to couple with Curry in the post. Sweetney could still go on to have a fabulous career and be a monster at PF, but we'd end up with a prized commodity in the NBA--- a center with back-to-the-basket skills.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
downfall of the Bulls (mention's of Curry and Chandler)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy