[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/2/2004  7:16 AM
When will the fan finally recognize this dude's worth? It bothers me dearly to read the garbage that most fans write about this cat. Just because he is not a scorer, they can't see how important it is to have this dude in the starting lineup. Here we are with a starting squad that is loaded with a bunch of passive players, while our bench is stacked with feisty cats who value defense and the little things that most players wouldn't do. I am one who truly believes that for a squad to be successful, it has to have at least one guy in that lineup that is willing to sacrifice scoring for defense, rebounds, etc. A guy like JYD, Doug Christy, Bruce Bowen, and most of all the ultimate (Denis Rodman) is a definite must have. In every lineup, whether it was the starting or substitute, there must be one guy in that lineup whose sole purpose is: doing the little things.

I don't understand why Lenny is taking so long to make that decision, but in my opinion, TT should be replaced by JYD. If this cat was in the starting lineup, we wouldn't have the slow starts that we have had so far. I know that it is hard to tell a guy like TT to take a sit on the bench, but we need a little energy booster for a change, and that guy is JYD. Marb and the rest of the guys would benefit dearly from the energy that JYD can provide, and not only that, the crowd would appreciate that also. When a team doesn't have a dominant Center or PF or a SG that can carry a team night in and night out, it is imperative for that team to have a pest a la Rodman like to be that momentum changer. JYD is that guy. Isiah knows it; Marb knows it also because he played with a similar dude in Phoenix (Bo Atlaw).

For the sake of winning, and for the sake of developing an identity, give it a damn try. Install JYD as our SF
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/2/2004  7:53 AM
What kind of garbage do most fans write?
diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  7:57 AM
Things such as: JYD is not a scorer or too small or can't rebound like Ben Wallace, etc. That is garbage to me. JYD has his purpose as a player and he does extremely well. Ben has his purpose and he does it well also. First and fourth quarter of the game, JYD needs to be on the court. I don't care about the second and third quarter. With JYD in the first and fourth, we would have a foundation established. He is mainly our jum-starter. Play him about 25 minutes a game because if you play him more than that, he will be too tired. Energy guys don't need to play too many minutes. However, at the beginning and the end of games this dude has to play a huge role. We have to use our assets wisely.

Mar, Crawf, and Nazr would love to have this dude in the game. He is not looking to score, he just want to do the dirty work.

Posted by Rich:

What kind of garbage do most fans write?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/2/2004  8:33 AM
I have not seen anyone bash JYD. Alot of people were realistic when someone suggested he play center and compared him to Ben Wallace. JYD is a good defender/hustle player and a huge asset to the team, just not in Ben's league.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/2/2004  8:34 AM
dido, take into account that :
- they can't erase TT from the roster cause they have to showcase him
- they have to get him play better so that the KVH trade doesn't come back and haunt IT

btw, I'd rather see TT take a break to get some rest (psychological,, i mean) so that the SF duties would be shared among JYD and ariza + penny.

Don't tell me would loose some offensive punch, cause TT beings none.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/2/2004  8:40 AM
Yeah man, this scat cat sho' got him game. Crazy positive outlook man, he is groovy.

You say this cat should start, but limited to 25min. You say all kinds of smack said about him, but I see nothing but love.

JYD breaks down man, the dude is rightous, but is not a starter. He is a big contributer and is getting good minutes.

The team is winning, so why not just enjoy it and give props to what is happening.

diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  9:21 AM
why is it so hard for some of you to see what is wrong with our lineup? You are all hoping for a Center to land, but fail to realize that while we are waiting for that happen, there little things that can do to improve our squad. If our team does well, it showcases some of the talents that we would love to get rid off. Who is to say that JYD is not a starter? some said the same things about Nazr, but he is now balling. Larry Hughes, look at his stats. Iverson, too small to succeed, but look at his career. Just like you all have doubt about Sweetney as a starter, JYD has proved over and over again that he is a valuable player in this league. Look at the one year that he played as a starter with Toronto, that boy flourished. If a position is not producing, tweak it.

All year, this team hasn't have a shotblocker in the middle. I can almost guaranty you this, with JYD on the court, we will have at least 2 or 3 blocks per game. Reason for that is simple, JYD will force big or small to bring the ball inside. the assignments that TT would be lazzy playing in, which in return force our big men to commit to help, JYD welcomes them; Nazr and Kurt would benefit greatly from that. Our boys are always out of position. Mainly because TT is always out of position.

[Edited by - diderotn on 12/02/2004 09:28:08]
Andrew
USA
12/2/2004  9:37 AM
I think that we need the energy off the bench that JYD brings. 6th man goes to him. Not wanting him as a starter does not mean that he is being disrespected.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  9:41 AM
Again, you failed to see my point. Our first team lacks energy, and who is better to provide that energy? JYD, Brewer, Ariza, or Sweetney. JYD is the only one capable of playing the 3, 4, and 5. He is a vet and knows his role. He will not take crazy shots, therefore he is better suited at this time than my man TT. I love TT, and you all know it. HOwever, I can also see what my team's problems are.

Posted by Andrew:

I think that we need the energy off the bench that JYD brings. 6th man goes to him. Not wanting him as a starter does not mean that he is being disrespected.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/2/2004  9:55 AM
I think JYD is a perfect 6th man but when you make him a starter it would diminish his role on the team. Sure he brings energy to the game, but its always been as a 6th man type player. The starting squad does need more energy but I think if they look within themselves they can find it. TT can help them out tremendously if he wakes up from his slumber.

JYD would help them in the short term but he is not a long term solution. The team is developing a good chemistry as it is, then they will have to adjust to H20 being back. Think of how good the 1st unit is without JYD, and how good the second unit will be with him and someone like H20 or craw alongside him. He is exactly where he belongs and I dont think 6th man diminishes his worth.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  10:02 AM
Again, I never said to use him permanently as a starter. During TT's slump, JYD's presence would work wonders for the psychies of our players. That could also help TT out of his slump big time.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/2/2004  10:03 AM
I really don't understand the point of this thread.

No one bashes JYD. If anything most of us wouldn't mind seeing him starting and have Timmy on the IL........at least that's my opinion.

Like you said JYD is always in position on defense and he is active the entire time he is on the floor. He also displayed a outside touch last night too.

Right Now as far as untapped talent Isiah needs to just screw the trade stuff for now and stick Timmy on the IL especially when Houston is back.

The Knicks best line-up right now should be KT, JYD, Nazr, Marbs and Craw with Sweets, Ariza, Penny splitting minutes off the bench. When Houston comes back give him Timmy's old minutes.

JYD is the man.......by the way....as we all say.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
12/2/2004  10:30 AM
Ive been saying good things about him since he was signed.I called him a "defensive catalyst" and got an earful so to speak.Wilkens said pretty much the same thing in today's paper.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/2/2004  10:31 AM
JYD is a pure matchup player. He is great against 7 foot Euro's like Gasol, Dirk, etc. He can't really guard American bigman caue he automatically fauls them because he plays so close and they don't shy away from contact like Euros do. Either way it very nice to have a Dirk stopper on your team.

He is a perfect bench player, brings energy and hussle plays. But there is no way he can start. He can't even gaurd most SF, as he is to slow for the likes of Tmac, Hill, etc.

Why spoil a good thing with a great bench player by trying to turn him into something he is not? You want to put a defender at the 3, start Penny.

Want energy? Wate a year and start Ariza.

You do realize that if you start JYD at the 3, TT comes of the bench, and we will not see Ariza play one minute with such a rotation?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  10:37 AM
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=6513

Posted by EnySpree:

I really don't understand the point of this thread.

No one bashes JYD. If anything most of us wouldn't mind seeing him starting and have Timmy on the IL........at least that's my opinion.

Like you said JYD is always in position on defense and he is active the entire time he is on the floor. He also displayed a outside touch last night too.

Right Now as far as untapped talent Isiah needs to just screw the trade stuff for now and stick Timmy on the IL especially when Houston is back.

The Knicks best line-up right now should be KT, JYD, Nazr, Marbs and Craw with Sweets, Ariza, Penny splitting minutes off the bench. When Houston comes back give him Timmy's old minutes.

JYD is the man.......by the way....as we all say.
Andrew
USA
12/2/2004  11:03 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Saying that JYD is not on the same level as Ben Wallace is not bashing JYD. It's stating the obvious.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
USA
12/2/2004  11:33 AM
I still want JYD in there as a starter. PF/SF/C, I don't care. They need to create a position for this dude. Hard nose

Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

Saying that JYD is not on the same level as Ben Wallace is not bashing JYD. It's stating the obvious.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/2/2004  11:41 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I still want JYD in there as a starter. PF/SF/C, I don't care. They need to create a position for this dude. Hard nose

Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

Well. PF is a 4. SF is a 3. C is a 5. How about JYD is 4 3/4?

Sorry for the corny joke. I was watching Harry Potter with my kids last night.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/2/2004  12:12 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

JYD bring great energy off the bench. He is a role player.

The dude has less offense than TT at this point. If you start JYD, the defense can ignore him. This makes the lane clog, which makes Marbury and Crawford go less the the hole.

If JYD started, you can double off of him when the Knicks run the pick-and-roll, which makes Kurt less effective.

JYD is playing great in his roll, why would you want to change that?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/2/2004  12:27 PM
Posted by raven:

dido, take into account that :
- they can't erase TT from the roster cause they have to showcase him
- they have to get him play better so that the KVH trade doesn't come back and haunt IT

btw, I'd rather see TT take a break to get some rest (psychological,, i mean) so that the SF duties would be shared among JYD and ariza + penny.

Don't tell me would loose some offensive punch, cause TT beings none.

TT starts because TT is our best SF. Last season when Houston went down and KT hurt his hand hurting his stroke TT averaged 18pts 5rebs(minus the injured games). He was very effiecent shooting 45% from the field and 40% from 3.

I very much understand the what have u done for me latley mentality. And I also understand most will judge these games TT has played and forget everything else about his 9yr career. But TT is better than what he has been playing and will eventually get back to it. As a matter of fact I currently see him getting back to the level he played for us last season though the bruised thigh seemed to have slow him down.

Same thing happend to KT when he hurt his hand and couldn't hit shots consistantly and got killed by Martin. KT was blasted all summer. Now in the beginning of the season his hand is healed he is playing great D and hitting his shots and getting praise.

[Edited by - newyorknewyork on 12/02/2004 13:05:38]
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy