[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

JVG losing popularity in Houston
Author Thread
vdfebduderocks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #752
12/1/2004  3:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-nbardp&prov=ap&type=lgns
i feel sorry for Gundy right now. Shouldv'e staying in NYC, or come now
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/1/2004  3:27 PM
Posted by vdfebduderocks:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-nbardp&prov=ap&type=lgns
i feel sorry for Gundy right now. Shouldv'e staying in NYC, or come now

i don't feel sorry for him...he left us, remember?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  3:30 PM
His system is not fun to play in. Yao and TMack should be enough for this team to contend for a championship. He is not a creative coach.
The true Knickabocker..........
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/1/2004  3:56 PM
Gundy has his own version of Koolaid , it's called "BEETLE JUICE"

He has enough bags under his eyes to make another Boston Tea party.

Where are all the Gundy lovers at.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/1/2004  4:01 PM
He just isn't capable of adapting and for that he is not an elite coach. He needs a traditional team with a traditional guy like Kurt Thomas at PF. Jeff would ruin this current Knicks team. I don't want him!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/01/2004 16:02:27]
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
12/1/2004  5:30 PM
I would gladly take him back. I highly doubt he takes assistant coach again but I could live with JVG instead of Lenny
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/1/2004  5:46 PM
That Houston team has no deapth, and Tmac is a crybaby. Yao is yet to approach the hype he got when he came into the league. There starting PG is Ward, a Ward who has entered the twilight of his pathetic career. In other words, he just might be the worst PG in the league that is getting consistent minutes. Jackson has been cast away by so many teams and he is there 3rd scoring option.

They have Howard and Mo Taylor at PF, two guys with exactly the same games, which consists of selfish scoring, no defense, rebounding, or any kind of teamwork.

Tyrone Lue best accomplishment to date is gettin torched by Iverson in the finals when he was with the Lakers. He has been beat our by Ward for the starting job. Enough said.

Other then Howard and Lue, I can't even name a player on there bench. Considering Jackson, Ward, and Taylor are not starting quality players, and Ward is not even a rotation quality player, Houston has serious issues.

They have 6 Players on the team that are capable of plaing ball, Tmac, Yao, Jackson, Taylor, Howard, and Lue. Maybe 6.5 if you count Ward.

How do you expect to perform in the West with a shell of a team like that?

They gave up 3 quality players, 3 starters actually, for 1 starter, and failed to get anybody via FA. Sura is still hurt, maybe he will help. I dout it, his best days came in Atlanta on a terrible team.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/1/2004  5:51 PM
Posted by simrud:

That Houston team has no deapth, and Tmac is a crybaby. Yao is yet to approach the hype he got when he came into the league. There starting PG is Ward, a Ward who has entered the twilight of his pathetic career. In other words, he just might be the worst PG in the league that is getting consistent minutes. Jackson has been cast away by so many teams and he is there 3rd scoring option.

They have Howard and Mo Taylor at PF, two guys with exactly the same games, which consists of selfish scoring, no defense, rebounding, or any kind of teamwork.

Tyrone Lue best accomplishment to date is gettin torched by Iverson in the finals when he was with the Lakers. He has been beat our by Ward for the starting job. Enough said.

Other then Howard and Lue, I can't even name a player on there bench. Considering Jackson, Ward, and Taylor are not starting quality players, and Ward is not even a rotation quality player, Houston has serious issues.

They have 6 Players on the team that are capable of plaing ball, Tmac, Yao, Jackson, Taylor, Howard, and Lue. Maybe 6.5 if you count Ward.

How do you expect to perform in the West with a shell of a team like that?

They gave up 3 quality players, 3 starters actually, for 1 starter, and failed to get anybody via FA. Sura is still hurt, maybe he will help. I dout it, his best days came in Atlanta on a terrible team.
They should use this lineup

Jackson at PG
Tmac SG
Howard at SF
Taylor PF
Yao Center

get ward off the floor
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
12/1/2004  6:11 PM
Id take him back but only as an assistant to help the team improve their defense.I liked Jeff,he was a better than average coach.Got us to the finals,was willing to get stomped on for his players,and burnt himself out coaching the Knicks.

On the negative side,slowing the game down is smart in the playoffs but its hard on the players during the regular season who are known for their uptempo game.

What posters are saying about him in Houston needing an "offensive coordinator" they were also saying here when he was with the Knicks as you know.Unfortunately for him he never was sold on that idea.

gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
12/1/2004  6:21 PM
that would be great. as an assistant but i don't think that'll ever happen because of his relationship with Dolan and the fact that he's a head coach not assistant
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
12/1/2004  6:23 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

that would be great. as an assistant but i don't think that'll ever happen because of his relationship with Dolan and the fact that he's a head coach not assistant

There are a bunch of ex-head coaches in the league working as assistants now.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/1/2004  8:18 PM
[quote]
Posted by gunsnewing:

[/quot

What has jeff done away from NY?

He had guys who loved the game LJ Ewing Sprewell Houston Starks, what he's doing now is micromanaging with less talent. I would not be surprised after hearing fans say "FIRE GUNDY" that his magical red carpet ride is about over as a head coach.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
JVG losing popularity in Houston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy