[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is Steph NOT a fastbreak PG
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  12:47 PM
Jamal and TT love fast breaks (and Ariza when he's in), but Steph is always looking to slow the game down and execute half-court offense. Is he just not comfortable on the fast break? Does he not want to get tired by always pushing the ball? I think the team would benefit from having him push the ball the way Jason Kidd did the last few years. In fact, with two superb ball-handlers (Marbury and Crawford) it should be less tiring on each player because they can alternate with who pushes the ball.

I don't get it. I must be missing something because to me, with this roster, it seems like the PG should be pushing the ball upcourt much faster than Steph is.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/01/2004 12:47:52]
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/1/2004  1:04 PM
I would rather he unleash that come playoff time when they have to put it into another gear. They could push more then they do now, but there is an entire season of wear and tear to get through first.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
12/1/2004  1:07 PM
I agree that Steph ought to be running the ball a lot more, but at the same time it's not easy starting a fastbreak when the opposition keeps making baskets! If (big if) and when the defense improves, I see a lot more of a Knick running game in store.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/1/2004  1:15 PM
He's never really been a open court player. That's why Crawford in NY makes perfect sense. It's just like Clyde and Jesus alias Walt and Earl. Marbs is steady like Clyde, while Craw is the showtime.

To me saying he isn't a fast breaking point is retarded. Marbs is not Nash or Kidd but neither is Marbs. Marbs suits the Knicks. It's all good.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/1/2004  1:26 PM
replace KT w/Amare Stoudamire & TT w/Shawn Marion & Marbury will become a fastbreak PG.

TT is pretty lazy these days...he's not the fastbreak player he is thought of as being.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/1/2004  2:20 PM
He's never been a fastreak player, he has a super quick step and great strength, which gets him by almost anybody. Thats always been the difference between him and kidd, and nash for the matter.
ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  2:27 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

I would rather he unleash that come playoff time when they have to put it into another gear. They could push more then they do now, but there is an entire season of wear and tear to get through first.
It's not gonna work in the playoffs if they don't practice it and work on it in the regular season first. Maybe not on every play but I'd like to see Steph push the ball a little more at times, especially on those occasions when the Knicks do get defensive stops and Jamal and TT are on the floor. Getting some fastbreak points for TT could really help his confidence too.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/1/2004  2:48 PM
Posted by TMS:

replace KT w/Amare Stoudamire & TT w/Shawn Marion & Marbury will become a fastbreak PG.

TT is pretty lazy these days...he's not the fastbreak player he is thought of as being.

it's not that he's lazy...it's that he's not quick enough. Which is also why he can't drive
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/1/2004  2:56 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

it's not that he's lazy...it's that he's not quick enough. Which is also why he can't drive

I don't know. It seems like when he sometimes puts his mind to do it he can be very effective at it - that's why I don't think it's a matter of "can't."
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/1/2004  2:58 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

I don't know. It seems like when he sometimes puts his mind to do it he can be very effective at it - that's why I don't think it's a matter of "can't."

i agree...i just see it as lack of effort & hustle...if you watch him run the court you can clearly see he's not running at top speed...he's coasting.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Is Steph NOT a fastbreak PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy