USA
12/1/2004  10:29 AM
Would you include him as the main piece in a package for

(a) Eddy Curry
(b) Ty Chandler
(c) Udonis Haslem
(d) Nene
(e) Samuel Dalembert
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy)
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim
(h) Chris Webber
(i) Antoine Walker
(j) Kwame Brown
(k) Etan Thomas
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  10:40 AM
(a) Eddy Curry >>> YES
(b) Ty Chandler >>> YES
(c) Udonis Haslem >>> DK
(d) Nene >>> YES
(e) Samuel Dalembert >>> YES
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy)>>> OK just to make him happy
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim >>> NO
(h) Chris Webber >>> Hell, no
(i) Antoine Walker >>> Oh no, my god it's getting worst and worst, i bet spoon is next...
(j) Kwame Brown >>> YES (at least he's not spoon)
(k) Etan Thomas >>> YES
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
12/1/2004  10:43 AM
a) perhaps
b) yes
c) perhaps
d) yes
e) yes
f) no
g) not sure. He has never been on a winning team before.
h) depends on what else we have to include. CWebb is injury prone.
i) I wouldn't trade anyone for him.
j) perhaps
k) yes
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/1/2004  10:47 AM
(a) Eddy Curry - YES
(b) Ty Chandler - YES
(c) Udonis Haslem - NO
(d) Nene - YES
(e) Samuel Dalembert - YES
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy) - NO
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim - MAYBE (depends on what other players are involved)
(h) Chris Webber - YES
(i) Antoine Walker - NO (w/this current roster we need more defense & rebounding, but if you asked me this last year i would have said yes because we needed another scorer as well - we didn't have Crawford & Nazr wasn't playing nearly as well as he is right now)
(j) Kwame Brown - YES
(k) Etan Thomas - MAYBE (depends on what other players are involved)

[Edited by - TMS on 12/01/2004 10:50:17]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  10:49 AM
You guys are sick. I would trade Kurt Thomas for the right deal for sure. Right now, Sweetney can't get no playing time because of Kurt. You all keep on talking about how great Kurt is on defense, you must have not seen this dude play. He can't stop the PFs in this league, and can't definitely stop the Centers around. Tell me one game that slowed a Center or a PF from scorring on us? He can't even guard Curry, Mo killed him, besides the 18' that he possess, he is worthless. What will happen when teams truly defend the p&rll? You have seen the result when they have already. Folks, wakeup, trade Kurt while we can. The Nets traded Kenyon whom is a superb PF unlike Kurt. Why shouldn't we? We desperately need a post-up game. We went after Vinny for that purpose, but for whatever reason he has yet to do the job. If we can't go down-low to our big, by mid-season when the game slows down, we will be in deep doodoo.
The true Knickabocker..........
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/1/2004  11:25 AM
(a) Eddy Curry MAYBE
(b) Ty Chandler NO
(c) Udonis Haslem NO
(d) Nene NO
(e) Samuel Dalembert WHO?
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy) NO
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim YES
(h) Chris Webber MAYBE
(i) Antoine Walker HELL FUCKIN NO
(j) Kwame Brown NO
(k) Etan Thomas AAAAAND NO!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  11:30 AM
(a) Eddy Curry yes
(b) Ty Chandler yes
(c) Udonis Haslem no (he's utterly average)
(d) Nene yes
(e) Samuel Dalembert yes
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy) no
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim yes (better piece for future deals)
(h) Chris Webber no (contract/health)
(i) Antoine Walker yes
(j) Kwame Brown yes
(k) Etan Thomas yes (younger)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  11:31 AM
(a) Eddy Curry - Add TT then Yes
(b) Ty Chandler - Add TT then Yes
(c) Udonis Haslem - No
(d) Nene - Yes
(e) Samuel Dalembert - Yes
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy) - No
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim - Yes
(h) Chris Webber - No
(i) Antoine Walker - Hell NO!
(j) Kwame Brown - Yes
(k) Etan Thomas - No
spreeeewell
Member: #436
12/1/2004  11:32 AM
[quote]
Posted by diderotn:

You guys are sick. I would trade Kurt Thomas for the right deal for sure. Right now, Sweetney can't get no playing time because of Kurt. You all keep on talking about how great Kurt is on defense, you must have not seen this dude play. He can't stop the PFs in this league, and can't definitely stop the Centers around. Tell me one game that slowed a Center or a PF from scorring on us? He can't even guard Curry, Mo killed him, besides the 18' that he possess, he is worthless. What will happen when teams truly defend the p&rll? You have seen the result when they have already. Folks, wakeup, trade Kurt while we can. The Nets traded Kenyon whom is a superb PF unlike Kurt. Why shouldn't we? We desperately need a post-up game. We went after Vinny for that purpose, but for whatever reason he has yet to do the job. If we can't go down-low to our big, by mid-season when the game slows down, we will be in deep doodoo.
[ DO you really know what you are talking about? You used to say TT was the **** and now KT is garbage. and when did the nets trade Kenyon?
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
fishmike
USA
12/1/2004  11:32 AM
most of the yes answers dont make the Knicks better, but I still consider us rebuilding this team. That being said I like KT's play and consider him an asset whether he stays or is used in a trade.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2004  11:44 AM
Posted by diderotn:

For someone whom does not watch the games, you sure have a lot to say. you don't see him play either.

Here is what is happening: Sweets and Azira are playing less, team is winning. Penny is playing more, team is winning more.

Now, if you isolate and only go by stats, you don't see much. Reading the boxscore, you don't see the game.

I'd rather have sweets and Azira play more, and I don't like pennys game. And JYD can't play starters minutes. What your not seeing is KT is the FOUNDATION of the front line.

Anybody notice why Nazr is doing well? He is playing with KT. When Sweets minutes were up, Nazr was not as effective. Stuff like this does not go in the boxscore. Fantasy ball does not count chemistry.

Kt will be traded, but if its for Nene or Curry, we will take a step back.

I think Isish wants to see what H20 has to offer and see how it works. It makes sense to make a Veteran run and pump these guys numbers up, THEN trade them.

The worst thing is to make a half ass Veteran run to win, and not develop the kids. The Vets will drop in value over time.

In short, play the vets and win, but thats "Laydenism" all over again.

Lets hope Isiah is using a Vet run to make deals to build for the future.

ANd fans must understand the process if it is so.
fishmike
USA
12/1/2004  11:58 AM
I think Isish wants to see what H20 has to offer and see how it works. It makes sense to make a Veteran run and pump these guys numbers up, THEN trade them.

I think Nalod is 100% right. Also, having Houston will only benfit Nazr and KT even more. He wont affect their minutes and he will create even more space for KT's open jumper and NAzr trailing the guards to the rim for garbage points.

Lets see how this group plays with Houston for 15-20 games. That brings us almost to the halfway point and a month before the deadline to do something.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  12:06 PM
From what I have read so far, the majority of you are saying the same thing but with different twist. You all are saying that eventually we have to trade Kurt to be potentially successful.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  12:52 PM
My answers

(a) Eddy Curry: YES
(b) Ty Chandler: YES
(c) Udonis Haslem: YES (He's very athletic and improving and very young)
(d) Nene: YES
(e) Samuel Dalembert: YES
(f) Mo Tayler (included just to make Diderton happy): NO
(g) Shareef Abdur-Rahim: YES (MORE TALENTED THAN KURT AND HAS AN EXPIRING CONTRACT)
(h) Chris Webber: DON'T KNOW. I'D BE WORRIED ABOUT HOW LONG HIS KNEE WILL HOLD UP. IT WOULD DEPEND ON WHO ELSE WAS INVOLVED IN THE TRADE. IF THE SALARIES MATCHED (HYPOTHETICALLY) AND IT WAS JUST A KURT FOR C-WEBB DEAL, I'D DO IT.
(i) Antoine Walker: DON'T KNOW. IF YES, IT WOULD BE ONLY FOR HIS EXPIRING CONTRACT. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE TO KEEP PLAYERS FOR TWO MONTHS AFTER A TRADE. REPLACING KURT WITH WALKER FOR THOSE TWO MONTHS COULD KILL THE SEASON BECAUSE OUR DEFENSE WOULD BE SO BAD.
(j) Kwame Brown: YES
(k) Etan Thomas: YES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2004  12:56 PM
Posted by diderotn:

From what I have read so far, the majority of you are saying the same thing but with different twist. You all are saying that eventually we have to trade Kurt to be potentially successful.

Yes, but......
Would you trade Kurt for...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy