[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here is the latest rumor (no rumor...trade proposal)
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  10:08 AM
What about Kurt Thomas for Mo Taylor? This dude should be a starter in this league, but Houston is not offering him the opportunity. Kurt is Van Gundy's boy, why not offer him to Houston for Mo? Mo has a very good postup game, and can certainly flourish playing with three guards like Marburry, Crawf, and Houston. I am not saying to forget about doing a deal for Curry or Chandler, but if it doesn't pan out, go for Taylor. He is much more athletic than Kurt and possess a postup game.

Mo Taylor
College: Michigan Rookie Yr: 1997
Ht., Wt.: 6'9", 255
Contract Status: Active
NBA Exp.: 6
Born: Oct 30, 1976 in Detroit, Michigan

Kurt Thomas
College: TCU Rookie Yr: 1995
Ht., Wt.: 6'9", 235
Contract Status: Active
NBA Exp.: 9
Born: Oct 4, 1972 in Dallas, Texas
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  10:15 AM
please help me, except those 20 pounds, I don't see what we gain there while trading one of our most valuable assets.

At the same time I only saw mo play a few times... did i miss something ?
MS
Member: #724
12/1/2004  10:16 AM
can we stop with stupid deals on this site. You are going to trade your best defender who works better than any foward maybe in the NBA on the pick and role for Mo Taylor

The guys outside game is suspect so is his work ethic, all he wants to do is dunk the ball. Bad trade, that would make the rockets a much better team, and would also point us towards the lottery
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
12/1/2004  10:17 AM
Is it a rumor or a "bait and switch " post? As for Mo Taylor Id rather see Kurt traded for youth or packaged in a deal that would be a major upgrade in talent which I dont believe Taylor is.
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:17 AM
ok so maybe i finally didn't miss anything
diderotn
USA
12/1/2004  10:20 AM
I would do it for Mo and a first round lotery pick. Didn't Detroit teach you all a thing or two about this business? Remember that they traded Stack, you know who they drafted in return? Millicic. Mo has not yet done developing his game. We can only go so far with Kurt, but Mo and a draft pick can get us the next Lebron or better yet, the next Ewing.

Posted by MS:

can we stop with stupid deals on this site. You are going to trade your best defender who works better than any foward maybe in the NBA on the pick and role for Mo Taylor

The guys outside game is suspect so is his work ethic, all he wants to do is dunk the ball. Bad trade, that would make the rockets a much better team, and would also point us towards the lottery
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:22 AM
as bad as they currently are, i don't see them with yao, t-whine and KT provide us with a high draft pick.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  10:23 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I would do it for Mo and a first round lotery pick. Didn't Detroit teach you all a thing or two about this business? Remember that they traded Stack, you know who they drafted in return? Millicic. Mo has not yet done developing his game. We can only go so far with Kurt, but Mo and a draft pick can get us the next Lebron or better yet, the next Ewing.

Posted by MS:

So you saw how goofy everyone thought your initial proposal was and now you're throwing in a 1st round pick?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/1/2004  10:39 AM
Mo Taylor isn't that bad a player...he torched KT twice last season head to head...his offense is nice, but he isn't a strong defender...only problem is he makes significantly more than KT does, so it's not a trade worth considering.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  11:35 AM
diderotn, your way off base. Det traded Stackhouse for the younger Rip Hamilton. That was MJ getting more NC guys to play with when he was with the Wizards.

They got the Darko pick from the Otis Thorpe trade about 5 years ago from Memphis.

Mo Taylor doesnt isnt as good at KT doesnt have upside enough to warrant trading for a lesser player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
12/1/2004  12:00 PM
Check, the way it looks right now, our chance at trading for Curry, Chandler or others are very slim. If we can trade Kurt for draft picks and a backup PF that has a postup game, why not do it. Kurt is not the future, Sweetney is. With draft picks, we can go to other teams,put packages together to get what we really need. Especially since we will have expiring contracts next season. Get rid of Kurt and play Sweetney. Look, Sweetney has played 3 times less minutes than Kurt, and he has to the FT line twice more than Kurt. Let Sweetney develop. Trade Kurt and create rooms for Sweetney and JYD. Get draft picks for the future.

Posted by fishmike:

diderotn, your way off base. Det traded Stackhouse for the younger Rip Hamilton. That was MJ getting more NC guys to play with when he was with the Wizards.

They got the Darko pick from the Otis Thorpe trade about 5 years ago from Memphis.

Mo Taylor doesnt isnt as good at KT doesnt have upside enough to warrant trading for a lesser player.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2004  1:00 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by MS:

So you saw how goofy everyone thought your initial proposal was and now you're throwing in a 1st round pick?

and we can throw in Frank williams......!

Say no to Mo! KT has more value than him!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  2:20 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by MS:

and we can throw in Frank williams......!
LOL
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/1/2004  5:05 PM
It gets really hard to read your idiotic posts and not call you names.

Are you proposing that Houston's pick will be a #1 pick in the
draft?

Posted by diderotn:

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/1/2004  5:21 PM
Haven't you seen Kurt playing so far this season?
This isn't even in debate. I would be POed for a while if Isiah did anything like this.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/1/2004  5:56 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Haven't you seen Kurt playing so far this season?
This isn't even in debate. I would be POed for a while if Isiah did anything like this.

No, he doesn't actually watch any games.
Just reads about them. Also, he claims he has a knack
for "just knowing" things.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/1/2004  6:19 PM
If you are a Knicks fan and you value the fact that they are a winning team right now at 7-6, with a lot of upside because of their youth, with an exciting team and a great chance to finish first in their division and being the 3rd seed in the East, please, forget about trading Kurt Thomas, especially in a trade that really does nothing significant either now or in the future.

Enjoy the Knicks as they are. If a move needs to be made, it should be to bring in more defense, more size and to make us a better team than the one we are right now. KT is the most important piece of our decent defense. He is important for the Knicks next step towards contention: creating a winning culture and have a better showing in the playoffs, going to round to and beyond. Make no mistake: Isiah wants to win now. He knows this isn't yet a championship team and that more deals need to be made, but he wants this team to taste winning, to breath it, to love it. KT is important for us to win. It would have to be a very, very good trade for us to deal.
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/1/2004  6:27 PM
In the offseason we all believed that Sweetney was ready to be a starter with him being in good shape ans showing great things in preseason. But after the first games we have to agree that he isn't there yet. He needs to improve some parts of his game. He may become our starting PF of the future, but right now he isn't taking anything away from KT, from the starting job to the minutes...
Knicks_Fan
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
12/1/2004  6:39 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

In the offseason we all believed that Sweetney was ready to be a starter with him being in good shape ans showing great things in preseason. But after the first games we have to agree that he isn't there yet. He needs to improve some parts of his game. He may become our starting PF of the future, but right now he isn't taking anything away from KT, from the starting job to the minutes...

I havent seen enough games to judge if his play is the reason for his drop in minutes but the longer this goes on the more I get a sinking feeling that he is going to be trade bait in the near future.
Pike
Member: #403
12/1/2004  7:16 PM
... you may very well be right.

Here is the latest rumor (no rumor...trade proposal)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy