[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's with our 2nd unit?
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
12/1/2004  9:16 AM
Bench is supposed to be this team's strength, but our 2nd unit is getting outplayed game after game. We've got to fix this. Houston's return, of course, will help a lot.

Just as important, we need Sweet and Ariza to start playing like they were at the beginning of the season. Seems like ever since that tough road trip, when they each played against some elite NBA'ers, they've lost some of their confidence. Need to get it back. Lenny's got to get these guys some minutes, too. I know, easy to say now, but I'm screaming for Marbury as loud as anyone when the bench is giving up leads. Still, we need to develop these guys and keep the starters' minutes at reasonable levels or we're heading for trouble in the 2nd half of the season.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  9:24 AM
I think the reason why those guys' minutes have reduced is because our team is trying to find a little continuity from our starters. Also, we are trying to win a few games. I suspect this much though, if we can go 2 games above .500, Lenny will use his bench heavily to rest his starters. We are going to go through a little stretch that our team will favor to do very well, during that stretch you will see a lot of Sweetney, Ariza, and even Sundov.

Posted by bernard:

Bench is supposed to be this team's strength, but our 2nd unit is getting outplayed game after game. We've got to fix this. Houston's return, of course, will help a lot.

Just as important, we need Sweet and Ariza to start playing like they were at the beginning of the season. Seems like ever since that tough road trip, when they each played against some elite NBA'ers, they've lost some of their confidence. Need to get it back. Lenny's got to get these guys some minutes, too. I know, easy to say now, but I'm screaming for Marbury as loud as anyone when the bench is giving up leads. Still, we need to develop these guys and keep the starters' minutes at reasonable levels or we're heading for trouble in the 2nd half of the season.
The true Knickabocker..........
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  10:20 AM
you can't play well by playing only a few minutes. you have to get into the rythm, stay when you do soemthing wrong to build your confidence and improve.

sweet, ariza and happily for us, baker are not allowed to do that.

So our bench can't play as it did at the beginning of the season and in preseason.
What's with our 2nd unit?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy