[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford: Its all about me
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/1/2004  1:35 PM
Most of Crawfords shots were fine by me because those are shots he can make. The only thing was he was off and he still kept shooting from long distance. They weren't bad shots its just that he was off. When your off and you have the combination of handling and athletism and quickness he has he should be looking to get it going by putting the ball on the floor taking mid range jumpers or taking it to the basket. He did that a couple of times during crunch time in that game.

Crawford also carried the team on his back in the 4th quarter scoring like 4-5 in a row and carried the team on his back scoring another 4-5 in the final min of OT including the winning shot.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/1/2004  3:37 PM
YET, when houston will be back, sweet will be healed, TT traded or kidnapped (we could do that by ourselves ya know)
I never really thought about that...I'll get the truck.

Some of Crawford's shots were extremely frustrating, but he is a streak shooter, and he can hit those shots, so it was mainly the misses that were frustrating.
Right now, all that matters to me is that he hit the one that counted.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  10:36 PM
if tonight doesnt tell you something about Crawford I dont know what does. Again his shot wasnt falling, but he works hard on the floor. On a night when he only shot 4-14 for 9 points he gives you 7 rebs, 4 assists and 2 steals. If only TT was watching
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  10:51 PM
Posted by fishmike:

if tonight doesnt tell you something about Crawford I dont know what does. Again his shot wasnt falling, but he works hard on the floor. On a night when he only shot 4-14 for 9 points he gives you 7 rebs, 4 assists and 2 steals. If only TT was watching
Exactly; he plays hard and has strong desire and wants to win. That's why I think he will learn to have better shot selection, but it won't happen overnight. It takes a long time to break bad habits.
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
12/1/2004  11:14 PM
He plays hard and he's bright. He'll get much better.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/1/2004  11:29 PM
Posted by fishmike:

exactly, that is the point, people have short memory around here, think back at the nights when Houston's Jumper wasn't falling, and he was not grabbing any boards, or creating any shots for his teamates with dribble penetration, I remember several times when Houston would go scorless in the 4th quarter and people would rip him a new one...
I have no problem with crawford, the 7 boards and 4 assists were huge tonight, and he also was able to contest a lot of Mike millers shots...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/2/2004  3:01 AM
Tonight, Crawfords shot selection didn't bother me. Against the Hawks, I wanted to kill him. I just think he has to continue to learn how to play the game, and learn how to get a feel for it. The coaches can tell him as much as they please, to learn better shot selection. But Jamal has to realize that he doesn't have the shooting ability of Ray Allen and Allan Houston. He can't consistently hit a shot with guys smothering him.

Jamal has to use his talent, take it to the hole when he is being smothered, put up a sexy crossover move, get to the line. When he is open, shoot the J. Or, learn a nice trick from Allan. Drive then pull up mid range when the defender is falling back. This is going to take time for him to get a feel for.

During the Olympics, I saw that Marbury ONLY took it to the hoop, and didn't shoot enough Js. He got better at it quickly this season. I see him taking a lot of nice elbow jumpers this year. Jamal can do the same when it comes to taking it to the hoop.

I am happy with Jamal, overall, though. He is very very active on offense. He is NOT too selfish. It seems like he really is willing to play with his teammates, as opposed to just stuffing the stat sheets. He wants to win. You can tell, b/c he plays kinda disruptive on D', which is good.

Now, I want to see him gain some muscle, so he can go against the stronger guards, like Bonzi Wells and Ricky Davis.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
12/2/2004  9:02 AM
Crawford is not a good shooter unless he sets his feet and he hasn't been doin that. He has a tendency to fade away when he shots the ball. Much of it stems from his crossover because its already forcing his momentum back thats why he is at his best when moving towards the basket.....

He is still just to raw, one year in high school one year at Michigan and then the Bulls yikes. He needs to stop relying on that jumper and be more agressive and take the ball to the basket
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/2/2004  9:25 AM
Posted by MS:

Crawford is not a good shooter unless he sets his feet and he hasn't been doin that. He has a tendency to fade away when he shots the ball. Much of it stems from his crossover because its already forcing his momentum back thats why he is at his best when moving towards the basket.....

He is still just to raw, one year in high school one year at Michigan and then the Bulls yikes. He needs to stop relying on that jumper and be more agressive and take the ball to the basket
Thats more like it.. I agree 100%. But this is what you get when you sign a young player like this. Tons of potential, flashes of brilliance and some raw play at times, but its not fair to call this guy selfish. He's working hard on doing other things to help his team win.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Crawford: Its all about me

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy