[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

this is total bulls*** ! (sorry for the title, angry)
Author Thread
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  3:09 AM
ROOKIE HAS RUN INTO WALL

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email Archives
Print Reprint

December 1, 2004 -- KNICK NOTES

ATLANTA — During preseason and the season's first four games, Trevor Ariza looked like a high-impact rookie. But the 19-year-old former UCLA swingman has hit a wall, minutes decreasing with his production, looking more like a second-round pick.

Last night, Ariza played just two first-half minutes, didn't score, didn't shoot, get a rebound, or assist. Saturday vs. Toronto, Lenny Wilkens used him four minutes. Ariza hasn't been as active on either end, though he denies it's tiredness. With Allan Houston's return upcoming soon, Ariza could be most affected, not Penny Hardaway.

Wilkens said part of the slump is teams becoming familiar with his athletic game. Clubs are playing off him at the perimeter to take away his drive. Ariza's jump shot is not his strong suit.

"People are starting to adjust to him. He has to adjust as well," Wilkens said. "They know he likes to make hard cuts to the basket. Now they anticipate it and try to be there, making it harder for him. He'll find where his openings are."

Ariza has looked dead on second nights of a back-to-back games. The Knicks face Memphis tonight in a second leg.

"I'm sure it's a lot of games," Wilkens said. "He played one season of college ball and now he's going against the best players in basketball."

Said Ariza, "It's a long season. I'm just getting used to everything."

I don't trust that at all. Ariza has been stuck to the bench cause of TT's play. they don't want to put the young guy in TT's head and push him to play even worst.

hitting the wall ? man are you kidding me ? this guys is an athletic freak and it's only what, 12 games in the season ?

They just know that trevor will eat TT at breakfast and I don't give a crap on "teams just adjusted...". Trevor was getting rebounds and was a high energy player. our team was feeding from his energy while on the court. even if didn't scored, at least he would defend, pass, rebound...

I come back again with my "keep the minutes low" post. Our starters played 45+ minutes to be able to beat the hawks. That only means that it is the wrong formula. we need to trust our bench more.

[Edited by - raven on 12/01/2004 03:11:30]
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/1/2004  6:17 AM
I agree......Timmy is playing with more intensity but it still doesn't match what Ariza brought. Plus Timmy is showing everynight that he is not the right fit for this team. It's Funny cuz Vince Carter is the better fit and he is playing uninspired ball. He got 5pts last night and played 28 minutes. Timmy for Vince might work only because Timmy's contract is shorter. Then they could focus on the team instead of Vince.

Ariza hitting the wall is a straight up lie. I don't buy that at all. You hit the wall at the all-star break not 12 games in. Ariza looks like he could play a double header and not sweat.

It's not just Ariza though......Sweetney, and JYD are getting it too.

KT's jumpshot is what's keeping him on the floor. He's becoming automatic.

When Houston is back Penny will get it.

It's rough.....

Nazr is averaging 20+ pts and 12+ rebounds the last 4 games against Atlanta and Toronto.

Lenny is still getting to know his personel. I'm quite sure he would like to play Ariza, but Guys like Timmy have to play because they have to be showcased for a trade.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/1/2004  6:59 AM
Berman, if you're not going to watch the actual games, and see for yourself what's going on, DON'T WRITE THE ARTICLE!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  8:46 AM
Marc Berman is an idiot. Did you see his other article on Houston? Allan has a track record of being an iron man. He played with nicks and bruises all his Knick life. Then this idiot calls him out as selfish. Man, it must be that time of the month for this idiot.

Absolutely right on the WALL. Rookies hits the WALL in the all-star break not at 12 games in.

Did I forget to say he is an IDIOT!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  8:59 AM
I applaude his criticism. Houston deserves it. When you have a $20 million player siting on the bench because he has mental fear, you have to criticise him. Marb has been playing with a bad ankle since last season, but he is still out there doing his things, Houston has been out since after perhaps 30 games last year. What? Does he need another season to recover? Enough already.

Posted by NYKBocker:

Marc Berman is an idiot. Did you see his other article on Houston? Allan has a track record of being an iron man. He played with nicks and bruises all his Knick life. Then this idiot calls him out as selfish. Man, it must be that time of the month for this idiot.

Absolutely right on the WALL. Rookies hits the WALL in the all-star break not at 12 games in.

The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  9:05 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I applaude his criticism. Houston deserves it. When you have a $20 million player siting on the bench because he has mental fear, you have to criticise him. Marb has been playing with a bad ankle since last season, but he is still out there doing his things, Houston has been out since after perhaps 30 games last year. What? Does he need another season to recover? Enough already.

Posted by NYKBocker:

Actually, no NBA player has taken less time off from microfracture surgery than Houston has
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by diderotn:

[quote][

Marbs did not have Surgery did he? Allan has proven himself a warrior and sacrificed his body last year. Bermans take is crap and so is yours. Your falling for his media slant about it being about money.

Allan has missed a total of five games previous to last season. Think he ever played hurt before?

He is a huge investment for the team and was instructed to get it right and come all the way back.
NYKBocker
USA
12/1/2004  9:13 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by NYKBocker:

I guess it's just me then. People tell me I am loyal to a fault. Allan Houston has given his all for this team. I am not willing to bash him because he wants to be 100%.

Bad ankle is something else. I play on a bad ankle. Isn't Allan's ailment similar to Kidd and/or other players that has taken longer to come back?

In regards with money. I don't blame him there either. Didn't Checketts give him that money. I don't remember him making demands to be a max player. What was he suppose to do? Reject the contract?

2 weeks in December is what it is. 2 weeks in December. If this will help him be effective in the 2nd half of the season then I am all for it.
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:11 AM
Posted by diderotn:

comon, houston has missed what, a bunch of games since this one injury.

look at mashburn, kittles and kidd. those guys had the same stuff has houston (if i'm not wrong). the healing process is very long. he has to take his time.

coming back early would equal to loosing him quickly. we don't need that at all.
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/1/2004  10:12 AM
hasn't Isiah also told him that he wants him at 100% before he decides to come back.
I just hope that people will like me
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:13 AM
back to the subject, i'm freaking pissed off cause i bet this whole ariza is tired thing is a fake to protect TT.

man, if you can overplay a young kid, get out of this team, you don't deserve to wear orange and blue. let the kid step in and stop whinning.
diderotn
USA
12/1/2004  10:16 AM
You are all being sympathetic now that we are above .500. If our record reflected a little different, you all would have on this board screeming for Houston to hurry back.
NYKBocker
USA
12/1/2004  10:17 AM
Again. Marc Berman is an idiot. He probably did a Gus Frerotte in his hay day.

How can you equate "Hitting the Wall" after 12 games.
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:18 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

He probably did a Gus Frerotte in his hay day.

? ? ? Gus Frerotte ? ? ?
NYKBocker
USA
12/1/2004  10:20 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You are all being sympathetic now that we are above .500. If our record reflected a little different, you all would have on this board screeming for Houston to hurry back.

Nah. Gotta go with the horses that you have. Allan needs to mend. If we were losing, well bottom of the Atlantic, then everybody would be screaming for Lenny's head.

By the way. TT needs to go
NYKBocker
USA
12/1/2004  10:21 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by NYKBocker:

? ? ? Gus Frerotte ? ? ?

Ex Redskins QB that head butted the WALL after a touchdown.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  10:21 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Wrong! No one here was saying that when the Knicks were below .500 this year. Our views don't fluctuate on a daily basis based on the team's record. I applaud Houston for taking less time off than anyone else ever has from microfracture surgery.
diderotn
USA
12/1/2004  10:27 AM
Less time???? where did you read that from??? CWebb and Kidd, Kidd wants to come back this week, CWebb has been playing since last season. It seems to me that Houston has been out for a lot longer. Forgive me if I am wrong. CWebb's job is much tougher than Houston. He at least played on both side of the court, plus he is the main man in that team. Despite his difficulty moving up and down, he is still doing his things. Then again, Houston is one dimensional, that may be the reason. There is only one thing that he can do, just shoot the ball.

Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

Wrong! No one here was saying that when the Knicks were below .500 this year. Our views don't fluctuate on a daily basis based on the team's record. I applaud Houston for taking less time off than anyone else ever has from microfracture surgery.
raven
Canada
12/1/2004  10:44 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by raven:
Posted by NYKBocker:

? ? ? Gus Frerotte ? ? ?

Ex Redskins QB that head butted the WALL after a touchdown.

and what happened ? did he got hurt ? did he become absolutly stupid like berman ?
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/1/2004  10:47 AM
Diderotn: Chris Webber in his career has missed 243 of a possible 862 games in his career. In essense he has missed more than 1 out of every four games his teams have played. Which means once a week he is on the bench in street clothes. How in the world are you comparing his durability to Allan's. In Webber's 11 NBA seasons he has 5 seperate seasons where he has missed more games than Houston has missed in his entire career(not including last year). Cut the guy some slack. We know you don't like him and that's fine. But at least compare him to someone like AC Green or even Shandon Anderson. But CWEbb has no track record to be brought into a debate about durability. The truth is that Allan has been an iron man his entire career you just chose to ignore it.
I just hope that people will like me
this is total bulls*** ! (sorry for the title, angry)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy