[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I am sick of the KT bad talking
Author Thread
Knickss208
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #796
12/1/2004  2:03 AM
I understand that he isnt one of the most dominant PFs in the game. but we all forget how important he is to us defensively. I odnt want to hear about how well Antoine Walker did against him, he is a great player adn hell get those numbers against almost anyone when hes feeling it. The important thing to remember is he is one fo teh best team defenders in the league. You take him off the Knicks and then you will truly understand the definition of a bad defensive team. He is by far the heart and soul of the Knicks defense and is the second most important player to the Knicks after Marbury. You all forget about the intangibles he brings to this team: passion, intensity, relentlessness, and being the glue that holds this team together. KT should not be traded unless it is for someone of substance, not an idiot like Eddy Curry COME ON!!!

GO KNICKS
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Member: #91
12/1/2004  4:26 AM
Good point. Curry has a lot of upside, but some players never realize their potential. If the Knicks are serious about this season, a KT/Curry trade will hurt.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/1/2004  6:01 AM
I'm a KT basher.......but I will admit that he is really good at what he does, which is hitting that layup jumpshot of his and getting defensive rebounds. He is a good HELP defender.

The KT supporters should take notice KT's individual defense. He's not really a good low post defender because everybody that faces him still get theirs with no problem. He's slow and he can't do anything else but hit that jumper.

Knicks need a guy that can hit that jumper, but also take it inside if the jumper is being defended. Too many times man guys get up on KT then he loos to pass. If the Knicks had a guy that can be effective on the drive as well as the shot they would be alot better.

What the Knicks need is for JYD to develop a jumpshot because JYD's game is suited for the way the Knicks want to play except JYD can only drive. If he had the ability to shoot from the outside like KT he would be a great alternative.

It annoys me that guys just stay limited and get stuck into a role and just except it. Players should look to get better all the time. They play ball everyday. Every summer I learn something new about the game or pick up a new move, etc......If I had the time to get into top shape like them I would be the best. Ben Wallace learned to shoot and score in the post last year, lol. It's never too late.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/1/2004  7:39 AM
KT is 32, Curry is 21. Kurt is a nice role player, but he doesn't block shots and he doesn't have a post up game. Curry can become a force in the post. I would make that trade in a New York nanosecond.

btw, Walker is not a great player. He is a streaky scorer.
OldFan
Member: #446
12/1/2004  9:23 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm a KT basher.......but I will admit that he is really good at what he does, which is hitting that layup jumpshot of his and getting defensive rebounds. He is a good HELP defender.

The KT supporters should take notice KT's individual defense. He's not really a good low post defender because everybody that faces him still get theirs with no problem. He's slow and he can't do anything else but hit that jumper.

Knicks need a guy that can hit that jumper, but also take it inside if the jumper is being defended. Too many times man guys get up on KT then he loos to pass. If the Knicks had a guy that can be effective on the drive as well as the shot they would be alot better.

What the Knicks need is for JYD to develop a jumpshot because JYD's game is suited for the way the Knicks want to play except JYD can only drive. If he had the ability to shoot from the outside like KT he would be a great alternative.

It annoys me that guys just stay limited and get stuck into a role and just except it. Players should look to get better all the time. They play ball everyday. Every summer I learn something new about the game or pick up a new move, etc......If I had the time to get into top shape like them I would be the best. Ben Wallace learned to shoot and score in the post last year, lol. It's never too late.

I think you need to give professional players more credit. They are already playing at a level most of us will never obtain. KT is not a great natural athlete (compared to NBA players) in fact he's probably well below average in natural ability for the NBA at least as far as speed and quickness goes and he is not above average size for his position. You can always get better but it gets harder as you get closer to your natural limits. I also think most people think NBA players have more time then they do. These guys are constantly traveling NBA teams during the season have hardly anytime to practice - never mind work on individual skills.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  9:35 AM
This is very simple. Kurt has already reached his climax; Curry, Chandler, Kwame, and other youngsters haven't. Chandler can be another KG if he continues to work hard. Curry can develop into an all-star Center if he moves away from his native environment. Kwame has many question marks around his game, but the potentials are there. However, there is one thing that I would not do for either of those guys: I would not overpay for any of them. Curry and Kwame are looking for 7 years 70+ millions, that to me is crazy. I would offer either of those guys a $70+million with a lot of incentives that they would have to meet. I would have only guaranty 30% of it. If they want to earn that money, they have to perform. A contract a la Ricky Williams when he signed with the Saints.

We have too many youngsters out there getting big dollars whom are not even worth the money. I.E. TT. In my opinion, TT's contract should have been based on his potentials. As a GM, I would have loaded that contract with incentives: 6 rbs average per season, 18 points, etc.
The true Knickabocker..........
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/1/2004  11:36 AM
there is NO way, an i mean NO way we will EVER win a championship with KT as the starting PF with no BIg man in the middle. The reason why i brought up the 7 foul shot stat was simple, he DOESNT play INSIDE enough for a 4. yeah he has a great jumper, yes he plays good D and is a GREAT position rebounder, but that stat speaks LOUD. How can the 4 spot only shoot 7 FT in 13 games??????? hes the guy supposed to be banging and helping clog the lane. thats why the lane is always open and thats why we are LAST in the nBA in FG defense.

we are 7-6, and thats cool--BUt we have been LUCKY as sin and we COULD be 5-8 just as easily. Anyone who disagrees with that is wrong.

I still hope that some of these luckier type wins will help propell us, but again it could also be a false sense of the quality of the team.
Its hard not to go back and forth a bit on whether or not to keep KT or move him, but I still comeback to the money issue with the club--they are winning in a piss poor confernce and some of the teams have some of the top tier teams have major issues

Its likely they stand pat and take those close wins--again thank god for marbury --whilecrawford hit the shot, marbury did EVERYTHING--without marbury this is a PURE lottery team.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  11:50 AM
I agree with most of what Briggs said except the stuff about our record. While we were lucky to win a couple of those games we could just as easily have won the Minn or Dall game. I think these things just balance out after a while.

I think 7-6 is pretty good consider we have played the hardest part of the schedule, we still have no Houston and TT has literally given us nothing all year.

This current team can be good, so what we do know is work on improving spots and just upgrading the roster. Make a bigger commitment to Ariza and Sweetney. We will see what happens with that tonight as the starters played a lot last night.

Continue to improve from within. Nazr demonstrating why ISiah got a guy like Marbury first. You put Nazr on the Hawks and he junk. Right now he's cleaning up after the good guard play we are getting. Still his offensive boards and garbage points around the rim are really helping us.

We have a ton to work on but we arent in a hole like we have been every year. We are playing ok... not great but ok. we are also playing great at home... lets see how Mem & Magic games work out... good tests for us.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/1/2004  12:13 PM
KT is a solid player and he's services are definetly needed. To trade curry for kt is ridiculous because they both bring something different to the game.

Did you see KT on the ridiculous post up play. It's comical watching KT play with his back to the basket, It's comical watching Nazy shoot 10 footers. You can't ask guy's to be a certain way when there not comftable doing it.
Post up isn't KT. What we need is a complimentry player to balance kt out. Balance is what basket ball is mainly about right.

Thats why I cant wait until Allan comes back, no longer will you'll be begging al to go to the hole, because steph, and JC will get alllan open evrey time they drive. You think NAZY is benifittng from steph and JC, wait until allan is spot up on the perimeter.

YOU do what you do best and perfect it.
ES
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  12:27 PM
how does that benefit our team on the low-post????? this is not hard folks. Nazr is producing right now, he can actually does that playing the position that Kurt is playing right now. We still need a center.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  12:42 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

there is NO way, an i mean NO way we will EVER win a championship with KT as the starting PF with no BIg man in the middle. The reason why i brought up the 7 foul shot stat was simple, he DOESNT play INSIDE enough for a 4. yeah he has a great jumper, yes he plays good D and is a GREAT position rebounder, but that stat speaks LOUD. How can the 4 spot only shoot 7 FT in 13 games??????? hes the guy supposed to be banging and helping clog the lane. thats why the lane is always open and thats why we are LAST in the nBA in FG defense.

we are 7-6, and thats cool--BUt we have been LUCKY as sin and we COULD be 5-8 just as easily. Anyone who disagrees with that is wrong.

I still hope that some of these luckier type wins will help propell us, but again it could also be a false sense of the quality of the team.
Its hard not to go back and forth a bit on whether or not to keep KT or move him, but I still comeback to the money issue with the club--they are winning in a piss poor confernce and some of the teams have some of the top tier teams have major issues

Its likely they stand pat and take those close wins--again thank god for marbury --whilecrawford hit the shot, marbury did EVERYTHING--without marbury this is a PURE lottery team.
We are 7-6 but could easily be 5-8? It's really sad that you would even write that. You always look at the worst possible scenario for the Knicks, Briggs, and the best possible scenario for all other teams. Sure, the Knicks could easily be 5-8 but as Fish pointed out they could easily be 9-4. Instead, 7-6 (with a tough schedule and without their best scorer) is right in the middle and about what they deserve. In any 12 game stretch, there are probably 4 that could go either way. If you start counting each of them as "could have been losses" then you could look at a 60 win team and say they could have easily won only about 35.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/01/2004 12:44:02]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/1/2004  2:06 PM
May be Briggs means that Crawford's two prayer shots could have gone unanswered. I agree, however, that a win is a win.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  2:24 PM
Posted by Rich:

May be Briggs means that Crawford's two prayer shots could have gone unanswered. I agree, however, that a win is a win.
He's had three prayer shots, of which two have gone "answered." The game after Houston he missed the final shot of the game (from well beyond 3 pt range).
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/1/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

He's had three prayer shots, of which two have gone "answered." The game after Houston he missed the final shot of the game (from well beyond 3 pt range).
Yeah, unfortunately TT threw him the ball near halfcourt.

But I do agree, as many games as we won, they we could have loss, there have been losses that we could have won. As fish said, it all balances out.
Knickss208
Member: #796
12/1/2004  5:07 PM
Hahaha ok i just looked up the contracts of Kurt and Curry. Chicago would never give up curry for kurt in a straight up trade and we dont have much else to offer to make the trade tempting. Curry gets paid 3.8M and has a qualifying offer of 5M the next year, then hes pretty much a free agent. Meanwhile Kurt is locked until 2008. So this Curry for Kurt trade is just foolish. And you still arent listening to what I am saying, Kurt does all of the little things that makes the team defense better. He is still a hard nose defender and takes on the big players like Shaq etc. And since when is curry known for his defense? Who is a better foward position defender than Kurt on the Knicks? You have to remember all these important things. Curry only has potential and its potential that can never be reached. The other thing that bothers me is all this talk about JYD and how great of a defender he is and how he should get the ball more. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There is a reason he gets limited minutes.... cause he sucks. He used to be great and I loved him with detroit and toronto, but he isnt the same player anymore and cannot do the things everyone keeps writing about. I know you all watch the same games I do and I have not seen it yet and I didnt see him do it with Chicago last year. Kurt is so much more important than people realize
I am sick of the KT bad talking

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy