Dumb and Dumber..........
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  9:08 AM
Posted by diderotn:

So, what is the problem? He needs to stop b.s.ing and get on the court and earn his pay. Let's face it, Isiah has been more than patient with this cat. If he is not back by next week, rumors will start flowing around about Isiah and Houston beefing.

quote]

Houston has taken about 9 months off. That's less than most players take off from microfracture surgery and about the same as Webber took off.
[/quote]
Actually, no NBA player has ever taken less time off from microfracture surgery than Houston did. If you think he's taking too much time off, either you don't know anything about microfracture surgery or you're just impatient.
AUTOADVERT
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
12/1/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

you can improve your form but you're not going to go from having a bad shot to having great form.

If you've developed bad habits they're very hard to correct. But the idea that shooters are just born with it and don't have to develop is just wrong.

All the players at any level that I've known who were good shooters have worked hard at it and everything I've read about good shooting professional players indicates they've worked hard at it also. Houston is the son of a basketball coach and he shoots like someone who has been well coached and worked hard at it. I find it hard to believe a guy with text-book form just randomly was born with it.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  9:19 AM
I am not impatient at all. I just know that when you are a warrior, as you all have labeled Houston to be, you don't run around telling the media that " I feel a little pain here, or I am sore, or whatever". Look at Hill, He try to make it back plenty of times, yes he failed a few time, but it wasn't because of his inability to mentally sustain the pain. Kobe is playing with a bad foot, and how many times has Jordan played sick? Comeon now, this is N.Y. We don't have time for his softness. I guaranty you if this was his contract year, he would have been on the court. He knows that his money is guarantied, so he is taking his sweet time. That is where I fault the league. If a player is injured, the team should not have been obligated to pay his full salary, specially in the case of Houston. When you sign such a huge contract, the team should have been able to put in clause on that contract to protect their payroll. Houston should have only been guarantied about 20% of that contract. If you play 82 games, you will get the full pay. You play 50 games you only get 70%, etc.

Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by diderotn:

So, what is the problem? He needs to stop b.s.ing and get on the court and earn his pay. Let's face it, Isiah has been more than patient with this cat. If he is not back by next week, rumors will start flowing around about Isiah and Houston beefing.

quote]

Houston has taken about 9 months off. That's less than most players take off from microfracture surgery and about the same as Webber took off.
Actually, no NBA player has ever taken less time off from microfracture surgery than Houston did. If you think he's taking too much time off, either you don't know anything about microfracture surgery or you're just impatient.
[/quote]
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2004  9:33 AM
one more time, he missed only 5 games in his whole career prior to this injury.

The media is hounding him daily for quotes. They will write things.

Isiah and Lenny seem to be fine with his progress. That is fine by me.

He was asked to carry the team last year and he did. when he broke down, it was smart to just sit him and let him come back when he is ready.

Your hung up on his contact. Thats old news my friend. Should the NBA change its collective agreement to suit Allans injury? Please, leave emotion out of your analogy. Just say you don't like it, but don't make those silly comparisons. They are Soft.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/1/2004  9:35 AM
Back to the discussion about last night's game...

Anybody notice how many WIDE open 3 pointers the Knicks gave up?
What gives?
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/1/2004  10:18 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't think you work on your stroke. I think you just adapt a stroke based on the size of your hands and arms and elevation ability and some players just have it all in place.

huh
I just hope that people will like me
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  10:25 AM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't think you work on your stroke. I think you just adapt a stroke based on the size of your hands and arms and elevation ability and some players just have it all in place.

huh

Marc Berman. Is that you? Now that's one way to take a quote of context.
Nalod
USA
12/1/2004  11:53 AM
What about Antoine Walkers fundamentals?

Is it me, but he looks like an older George Forman playing basketball.

I hope Isiah was just planning on using him as an expiring contract. His game is so ugly!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/1/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Yes!! And who besides God is older than George Foreman!?!?!?

I LOVED the slo-mo replay of Walker's face when he realized his second shot had gone in!!
Nalod
USA
12/1/2004  12:49 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

Yes!! And who besides God is older than George Foreman!?!?!?

I LOVED the slo-mo replay of Walker's face when he realized his second shot had gone in!!

That was such a bone head play. The guy FINALLY puts arch on a FT and swishes it, and is all mad after the fact.

Why is it him and paul pierce just seem lost without each other.

There is the real "dumb and dumber" duo!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  1:13 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Does that make Ainge dumberer?

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 12/01/2004 13:14:33]
Nalod
USA
12/1/2004  1:26 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by Nalod:

Does that make Ainge dumberer?

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 12/01/2004 13:14:33]

I don't know, I think Ainge's work there will take more time. I have not been following them too close, or how Lafrenze is doing. I read or heard an opinion that Pierce has not been the same without Walker. One would have thought Pierce would have done better.

Im not a walker fan, but ainge looks stupid short term, but lets see how he fares in a year or so.

Dumb and Dumber..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy