[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dumb and Dumber..........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2004  11:33 PM
Walker is interesting. Shot 13 for 23, and still looked awful. Those airballs! I am so happy he is not a knick! Idiot passing!

nazrs dumb foul was matched by Walkers Dumber act at the line.

Nazr played excellent and gets a pass for it.

Crawfords goes 7-28, 2-12 from the three? I know he hit the game winner, but this is a game that should have been put away. They got the game back when they penetrated!

Any win on th road is a good win, but his shot selection is going to be a problem until H20 returns.

I must say that with the game on the line, he does well!

I am glad penny is getting run, but its really eating into Aziras minutes. Trevor makes so many things happen. I am really disapointed his playing time is reduced.

TT no rebounds in 23 min is a joke already. You'd think a long rebound would at least hit him in the head!

IF winning ugly is the sign of a good team, then its a sign I won't ignore.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/30/2004  11:34 PM
Steph looks like a genius out there now compared to his days in New Jersey now that he plays alongside Crawford lol

Steph has so much poise!
Nalod
USA
11/30/2004  11:37 PM
Yes, good point. Steph is letting the game come to him and he eats it up rather than force it.

This is the best case scenario and so far the best thing Isiah has done. not trade for him, but develope him.

Its still a work in progress,and the final opinion must come AFTER his is battle tested under stress.

That may not happen for a year or so.. He must carry the team in the playoffs, that is the test.

So far, he has made good progress.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  11:38 PM
Walker did that really stupid dance after making a 3 pt shot. Man, even if the team had won this game, you still shouldn't do that when you're one of the worst teams in the league. Arrogant players on awful teams just make me laugh
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2004  11:39 PM
I still don't notice any difference between Steph this year and last year. He's always been awesome.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/30/2004  11:41 PM
I despise Walker's on the court character.
gunsnewing
USA
11/30/2004  11:43 PM
Crawford did a pretty silly dance too after the 3 lol

both players are alike but I think Crawford's career can still be salvaged because he's young and in a winning enviroment.
Nalod
USA
11/30/2004  11:48 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Crawford did a pretty silly dance too after the 3 lol

both players are alike but I think Crawford's career can still be salvaged because he's young and in a winning enviroment.

I agree, Craw is a work in progress! He needs a lot of maturity and should learn well from Allan. Allan is so fundamentally sound Craw should just obsorb all he can from him. He won't always be a quick, so he needs to learn how to keep it together.
gunsnewing
USA
11/30/2004  11:51 PM
Allan Houston and fundamentally sound just doen't sound right. Maybe with his shooting stroke but thats more of a natural thing. Houston doesn't rebound, doesn't play D and is a horrific passer.
Nalod
USA
11/30/2004  11:57 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Allan Houston and fundamentally sound just doen't sound right. Maybe with his shooting stroke but thats more of a natural thing. Houston doesn't rebound, doesn't play D and is a horrific passer.

His shooting, foot work, and abilty to score are not raw athletisism like Craws. Allan gets the job done.

His rebounding, passing should not be great skills.. He is a shooter. But I think this has all been over done before in different forums.

Allan is not a natural, his game has been crafted by hard work. That stroke is not something your born with.

YOu don't have to like Allan to understand that.
gunsnewing
USA
12/1/2004  12:03 AM
I don't think you work on your stroke. I think you just adapt a stroke based on the size of your hands and arms and elevation ability and some players just have it all in place.
gunsnewing
USA
12/1/2004  12:04 AM
you can improve your form but you're not going to go from having a bad shot to having great form.
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
12/1/2004  12:10 AM
Allan Houston has a lot of natural ability including his stroke, and because he could score at any time while he should have been developing the rest of his game, he wasn't. He's not an all around player because he is a shooter and never had to be.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/1/2004  1:57 AM
I agree nalod, nazr foul was stupid, all he had to do was challenge walkers shot because walker was under the basket and he would of had a difficult shot on that last play.. As far as walker goes, he is a jackass, never liked him..

Crawford is a bit diffenrent, I just think he is excited he now has a chance to play on a winning team, the kid is young, and full of raw energy, from what I seen, he probably has the best handle in the game, I mean steph, AI and Francis can all handle well but crawford seems like he can do anything with the ball while moving forward at full speed, he quickness is amazing, but as nalod said, you won't have that all of your career, so he needs to work on his shot selection, craw has the stroke he can be a deadly shooter like Houston, who IMO is has one of the best midrange games in the NBA, when you can score 50 points twice in the same season without having many drives to the hoop, your shooting abilty is superb...

Good win tho. I will take it..

BTW.. marbs hit those two big FT's at the end, great poise, and I like the way he is running this team..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  3:39 AM
natural ability or hard work, like him or not, we need houston, casue the zones are really killing us.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  8:39 AM
Posted by Nalod:

TT no rebounds in 23 min is a joke already. You'd think a long rebound would at least hit him in the head!

I swear that I saw him run away from a rebound. My only thought was that he was trying to leak out for a fast break. This guy is fugazy through and through.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  8:54 AM
HOuston needs to comeon. A writer wrote this morning that Houston's problems were just mental. If Webb came back from surgery and is playing at 85%, why can't Allan? Dude has been out for almost two seasons already, and worst of all, he is paid for all the days that he sat out.

Posted by raven:

natural ability or hard work, like him or not, we need houston, casue the zones are really killing us.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
USA
12/1/2004  9:02 AM
Posted by diderotn:

HOuston needs to comeon. A writer wrote this morning that Houston's problems were just mental. If Webb came back from surgery and is playing at 85%, why can't Allan? Dude has been out for almost two seasons already, and worst of all, he is paid for all the days that he sat out.

Posted by raven:

Houston has taken about 9 months off. That's less than most players take off from microfracture surgery and about the same as Webber took off.
Nalod
USA
12/1/2004  9:04 AM
Posted by diderotn:

[quote

Berman equates the fact that allan should be playing becasue he gets paid the big bucks. True, but not a big deal unless your trying to create a story and sell papers. Its a garbage article.

We have the luxury of getting allan right. He missed 5 games in his career prior to the last year, and he has seen lots of screwups with players rushed back.

The benefit of this is having Jamal doe enough to boost his confidence and feel comfortable with his role. That should be a given.

The zone takes us out of the penetration game which is our strength now. Craw jacking up threes off balance won't work most of the time, he just needs to draw the defender out and go around him. They do this well at times and kick it to weak side where KT is just nailing it! Craw just needs more patience. Kudos for Marbs for giving the kid lots of rope for the time being.

I am bugging about Aziras playing time. Penny is doing ok, and he is a seasoned vet, but I want Trevor to get more experience.

I don't want us just playing these guys cuz they are making the big bucks. I understand, but don't have to like it.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  9:06 AM
So, what is the problem? He needs to stop b.s.ing and get on the court and earn his pay. Let's face it, Isiah has been more than patient with this cat. If he is not back by next week, rumors will start flowing around about Isiah and Houston beefing.

quote]

Houston has taken about 9 months off. That's less than most players take off from microfracture surgery and about the same as Webber took off.
[/quote]
The true Knickabocker..........
Dumb and Dumber..........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy