[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade Deadline 2004-2005
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
11/30/2004  9:08 PM
well last year it seemed like after isaih took over there was gonna be a major trade every 10 games, and there just about was. Isaih is not a guy who just sits still once he has a decent team, which is what he has. The knicks are good this year but still lack that guy who will put them over the top. So i was trying 2 think, who will isaih go and try 2 get. Here r some of the guys who entered my mind.

1) Elton Brand -I know how loved sweetney is on this board, and dont getme wrong lm a big sweetney fan. But lets be realistic, he is no Elton Brand. The clippers have a problem in that they have 2 all- star level pf's. They also have a hole at the sf spot and want to as always lessen payroll. now tt isn't playen wel now but i guarantee by the dedline he'll be fine. If the knicks offer the clips tt and sweetney( we woud hav 2)they might accept. There are possibly other packages 2 offer but this is the one that came 2 me first. that woud giv us a team w/ marbury, crawford, ariza, brand, and nazr w/ allan off the bench. Ariza might hav 2 come off the bench 4 a while till hes readybut i dought it'll take him long. This deal in my mind coud bring the knicks 2 a much higher level.

2)Chris Wilcox - The other possible trade bait of the clippers.Wilcox is more athletic and is longer and cheaper than brand, the clippers will hav 2 give up one of these two pf's to improve their sf spot and the knicks hav some talented 3's. one option is to offer ariza plus a cap filler 4 wilcox, again i know we all love ariza but wilcox is also very talentd. we could then mb use the other 4's we woud hav in trades 2 help other spots but a trade with the clippers 4 either of these players woud depend on which one they want 2 keep more.

3)Nene- to say he is no longer needed in denver woud be an understatement, he is 6-11 and can play both the 4/5 and is a shot blocker, so he fills many of the knicks needs.

4) Eddy Curry- Enough has been argued over curry, but he is definetly an option but its obvious that by then it woud take sweetney 2 get him, will the knicks be willing to do that?

5) Tyson Chandler-Similar 2 the clippers it really depends i guess on who they decide to keep.

6) Zyndrunas Ilgauskes- Cleveland has said they want him back but not for the money he wants. They also hav huge needs at the 4 spot as gooden is not playen well. I think an offer w/sweetney plus other players coud get it done but it depends if u want to pay max money for a 30 year old center and give up sweetney doing it.

7) Marcus Camby- i havnt heard ne rumors but he hasn't playd well, woud fit the knicks extremely well and is making a lot of money from denver. i'll just say that i think its a situation 2 watch.

8)kelivin Cato- He's a good shot blocker and is having a good season he's 6-11 and coud be the defender the knicks need.

9)Antoine Walker- Doesn't really interest me 4 the knicks, but he's an expiring contract and i know isaih was tryin 2 get him b4 the season started.His game woud fit pretty well with Marbury's but i think id rather stick with are the knicks current pf's.

10)Shareef Abdur-Rahim-I dont really think the knicks can get him cause they dont hav much 2 offer portland specificlly. he woud fit here well but again i dont really think the knicks need him.

others: Lorenzan Wright, Theo Ratliff,plus anyone u can think of that i left out.

so my question is who do u see isaih goin for at the trade deadline this year?
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
11/30/2004  10:50 PM
hmmmm... interesting, but i dont think we have the tools to get these players, we dont have any expiring contracts, but we still gotta see how well our team plays this year, we dont want to mess up their chemistry.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  11:03 PM
I really doubt the Knicks have the trade assets to get Elton Brand this year. It might take an offer of Sweetney, TT, and Ariza just to get the Clippers to be willing to listen. Wilcox is even less obtainable because he has such a low salary that there's no way the Clippers would trade him. Brand is the PF they'd trade.

3)Nene- to say he is no longer needed in denver woud be an understatement, he is 6-11 and can play both the 4/5 and is a shot blocker, so he fills many of the knicks needs.

He is definitely not a shot-blocker, but I could see both teams doing a trade involving him and I'd probably support it.

I could see Isiah pursuing Curry, Chandler, Walker, and Shareef too.

I think the other players are unlikely.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2004  11:53 PM
The clippers have huge payroll cap and are headed to the playoffs.

Clips are paying Dunleavy big money to coach. I think its different this time. Most of the guys they let go really did not pan out so great relative to the money they wanted.

They are interesting to say the least.

They make the playoffs, they are very profitable indeed, and no need for a fire sale.

They made a legit run for Kobe, and while they might not be big free agent players, they have money to resign their players.
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
12/1/2004  12:23 PM
u have a good point about the clippers, but why would the keep wilcox and brand when trading one of them could fill a position of need (small foward) and make it a strength with out making the pf spot a weakness. They cant keep both of them because if wilcox has to sit behind brand eventually he will start demanding a trade or he will leave as a FA soon. They might look into trading brand due to how much more he costs and how long his contract is, and decide to kepp wilcox.

One name i 4got was Stromile Swift. He woud be very high on my list because he really needs to get out of memphis(he'll never be a star with gasol there). He is someone i can def see in a knicks uniform.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  12:28 PM
I think Brand is a possibility next offseason when we have expiring contracts to offer. Something like TT's expiring deal, Sweetney, the rights to our #1 and cash for Brand. If he is available there's a good chance we get outbid. We wont be the only one with expiring deals to offer willing to take on Brand's salary.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Trade Deadline 2004-2005

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy