[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We have a CHI-TOWNconnection
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/30/2004  8:13 PM
Isaiah along with Aguirre are from Chicago and grew up together. Nazr Mohammed is also from Chicago. I can see how far Nazr has come from working with Aguirre. Nothing like helping somebody from your hometown.

Also Zeke has a soft spot for players with difficult backgrounds, He drafted AL Harrington when he was coach in Indiana who had a tuff upbringing and also Jamison Brewer who mom was on drugs +he never knew his dad, just another guy Zeke drafted.

He is almost like a mother hen, putting all his chicks under his wings. I GUESS HIS MOMMA TAUGHT HIM GOOD.

[Edited by - playa2 on 11/30/2004 20:20:27]
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
11/30/2004  11:36 PM
what? isiah is the biggest racist there is
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/30/2004  11:40 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

Has he hung white people and burned crosses on their lawns?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/30/2004  11:43 PM
Posted by playa2:

Isaiah along with Aguirre are from Chicago and grew up together. Nazr Mohammed is also from Chicago. I can see how far Nazr has come from working with Aguirre. Nothing like helping somebody from your hometown.

Also Zeke has a soft spot for players with difficult backgrounds, He drafted AL Harrington when he was coach in Indiana who had a tuff upbringing and also Jamison Brewer who mom was on drugs +he never knew his dad, just another guy Zeke drafted.

He is almost like a mother hen, putting all his chicks under his wings. I GUESS HIS MOMMA TAUGHT HIM GOOD.

Player, for the 100th time, Donnie Walsh makes the personal decisions in Indiana.

Many great players had tough upbringing. The desperation is what drives them to athletic greatness and enables them to get the hell out of the muck they come from.

Isiah the mother hen? Please, that kool Aid trip your on is over the top. Aquire wants to win, wants to be a coach, and Nazr being from Chi town has little to do with his motivation.

Your living a comic book life.
Nalod
USA
11/30/2004  11:45 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by timmyTtop:

Isiah has proven to be an equal opportunity prick. He also screwed Shandon and Don Chaney as well as KVH, and Dick Helm.

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/1/2004  8:03 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by playa2:

Player, for the 100th time, Donnie Walsh makes the personal decisions in Indiana.

Many great players had tough upbringing. The desperation is what drives them to athletic greatness and enables them to get the hell out of the muck they come from.

Isiah the mother hen? Please, that kool Aid trip your on is over the top. Aquire wants to win, wants to be a coach, and Nazr being from Chi town has little to do with his motivation.

You think Zeke didn't influence walsh a little in personnel while he was there in Indiana ? As strong as Zeke ego is . You don't know what you are talking about.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  9:11 AM
Man! this is a freaking business. Isiah got fired by a white boy (Bird) and you didn't label Bird as a Racist. In this business, you can't afford to be a racist. Just because he likes a certain type of players doesn't mean that he is a racist. After all, if the team fails it is his responsibility. Why not bring in guys that you are comfortable with???

Posted by timmyTtop:

The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  9:21 AM
Posted by timmyTtop:

Isiah's best friend is Bill Laimbeer. He loved both his coaches Chuck Daly and Boby Knight.
Nalod
USA
12/1/2004  9:21 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by playa2:

You think Zeke didn't influence walsh a little in personnel while he was there in Indiana ? As strong as Zeke ego is . You don't know what you are talking about.

All coaches have input, but he coaches the players the GM rosters.

Im just fine with Isiah and the job he is doing, but he did not draft anyone in indiana. And yes, I know what I am talking about. YOur spewing your love, and a subjective opinion. Thats fine, but facts are facts. And your Chitown love fest is wonderful conspiricy if true, but its silly.

Isiahs "Momma" delt with far more real issues than Isiah (the mother hen) has to deal with in trying to motivate these immature multimilliares. Raising kids in the projects is not like trying to get Jermaine O'neal to believe he can go from being a good player, to an allstar level. Isiah is more like his mentor Bobby Knight and mentors these kids to gain sense of responsablility than just taking and taking.

Isiah has bet the farm and then some on this payroll. The stakes are too high to grant hometown affiliation as the driving force of what is going on.

That might work in your comic book analogy. You should check to see if Van Gundy has any family living in Chicago.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/1/2004  1:22 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by timmyTtop:

funniest thing i have heard all day......Isiah is a racist now? lol.....

That come back was awesome Rich. Very subtle......

400 years of enslaving a people where they have been free only about 150 years if that. How about Native Americans? They were hear before America. When was the last time you saw a genuine Native American? At Foxwoods? Sheeeeeet.....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/1/2004  1:29 PM
Fred Jones was supposedly Isiah's pick in Indiana. I'd say he had some part in the selection process, while Walsh probably had final say.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  1:43 PM
JVG had enough ego and influence to eventually get Ernie Grunfeld fired, but he didnt have enough to stop the Camby/Oakley trade (man could we use another of those).

The quesion is KT as valuable as Oak and who's giving us the next Camby (cough cough, Sam Dalembert)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/1/2004  1:58 PM
I also remember hearing that Zeke tried to talk KVH to come out of highschool and inter the draft so he could draft him.

Zeke is about winning and thats it. He traded KVH so he can get Tim Thomas and Nazr Muhammad. Tim Thomas was a 15pt 5reb guy as a starter and Muhammad when he started in Ratliff's absence was a 10/9 guy one season in ATL. So like he said it gave him 2 guys that are cappable of started and playing big mins for one. Plus KVH was the only tradable asset left. He didn't get traded because he was white.

With Kurt Thomas he didn't have to give KT the contract he did. KT wouldn't have gotten as long a contract he did anywhere else. Isiah gave him a contract that was fair and gave KT future security no matter if he gets traded or not.

Jalen Rose for Artest & Brad Miller Zeke had the most influence over. And Artest, Harrington, J'Oneal all give Zeke the credit for there development. Larry Bird also lied to J'Oneal said that Zeke's job was safe signed J'Oneal to a long term contract and fired Zeke. Plus Bird said that he felt insutled when a white player guarded him but yet Bird isn't considerd an SOB like Zeke. Imagine if Zeke did and said that.

Zeke also took the time with Marbury and others to serve Thanksgiving dinner to thousands of people less unfortunate than him last week what an ******* he is.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  1:58 PM
Dalembert the next Camby??? He could be better than Camby in two years.

Posted by fishmike:

JVG had enough ego and influence to eventually get Ernie Grunfeld fired, but he didnt have enough to stop the Camby/Oakley trade (man could we use another of those).

The quesion is KT as valuable as Oak and who's giving us the next Camby (cough cough, Sam Dalembert)
The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/1/2004  3:25 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Plus Bird said that he felt insutled when a white player guarded him but yet Bird isn't considerd an SOB like Zeke. Imagine if Zeke did and said that.

Actually, he did say something similar. During his "Bad Boy" days he said that if Bird was black he would just be another player. Chalk that up to being bitch slapped by Bird till they finally beat them.
We have a CHI-TOWNconnection

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy