[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Players we should be looking at...
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/30/2004  12:25 AM
First and foremost, we should not be looking at Vince Carter. Overalll he is just not what we need although he is obviously extremely talented. But you should only go aftert a talent that you don't need when it comes cheap and he definitely wont come cheap.

We should be looking at big men who can post up well and/or play defense and rebound well.

If we are going to take a chance it should be on a young 6-10 and up player who is developed or who has potential.

heres is who I think Isiah should be looking at:

Eddy Curry- obviously he has the potential to be better than Shaq!
Yeah I said it and I meant it too. yes I ould give up sweets for him because sweets is a 6-9 talent which is much easier to come by

TYson Chandler- If he can stay healthy he has a tremendous upside still. Even as a 10 10 guy he is tall and lanky and could block many shots as well. he should it the weights though.

Brendan Haywood- 7 foot, good hands youung and I think the staff we have could help him really develop.

Samuel Dalembert- tall athletic young and probably difficult to acquire but I like him and we could use him.

Sharif Abdul Rahim- a true post player. He would be a perfect fit for us right now because we sorely lack that aspect of the game. Few in the league possess his repoitoire and portland really doesn't need him because they have Zach Randolph. We should try and get him maybe with a 3 team trade. We could not lose nazr trying to get him though. Him and nazr as a part of the knicks would be sick considering what else we already have going on.

What do you all think of this and who else do you guys think we could or should be trying to acquire?
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/30/2004  5:07 AM
Camby :)

nah we need shot blockin man, big time, an athletic big man who gunna swat some sh it camby man style, i miss that dude, he was the sh it
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/30/2004  7:53 AM
Camby would help, but the Knicks need a C who can command a double a team in the post, defend the post, and clog the lane.
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
11/30/2004  8:48 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Eddy Curry- obviously he has the potential to be better than Shaq!

I almost spit out my coffee. Where's your brain?

Guys like Chamberlain, Alcindor, Ewing, Shaq ... everyone knew they were going to be great players when they were entering high school. They were pegged to be great WAY before they entered the league.

Curry has been in the league for years now. He will improve, and can probably become good enough to be a starter on a contender, but he will never .... EVER .... be anywhere in the same zipcode as Shaq. Get real, get off the pipe.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/30/2004  9:06 AM
just about every team in the league could need a C that would demand a double team.

Nazr has played well- the one weakness I think most people have expressed is defense.- thus having a defensive big would be a help- someone like Mourning might be a good option, depending on what we would need to give up.

Other than that- I think you need to let them play a few more games and see what strengths/weaknesses develop.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/30/2004  9:21 AM
Posted by Elite:

Camby :)

nah we need shot blockin man, big time, an athletic big man who gunna swat some sh it camby man style, i miss that dude, he was the sh it

I can imagine how nice a Marbury-Camby connection would be!
Does anybody remember the '96-'97 rookie game? Marbury to
Camby alley-oops galore! Now THERE is an athletic duo!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/30/2004  9:28 AM
All right, I'm going to do the unthinkable and trash Marcus Camby. I was so sick of him and so glad to get rid of him by the time we did. That guy and his whining and blaming! Missed tons of games EXCEPT when he had a contract pending (exact same thing last year with Denver). Always blaming Toronto for everything (remember him suing Butch Carter? ). Well my buddy in Denver tells me that to this day Camby trashes New York non-stop, won't stop whining, the doctors here wrecked his hip and his knee (ok, so maybe he has a point there), but man, I remember saying good riddance don't let the door hit you in the butt!!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  9:33 AM
I'd add Nene and Kwame Brown to that list.
MS
Member: #724
11/30/2004  9:43 AM
Killa you are an idot please leave the site and never return. Did you just say that Eddy Curry has the potential to be better than Shaq.

3 Championships two other trips to the finals, the most dominant player in league history. And someone who dominated every big man he ever played against
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2004  9:48 AM
#1 on my list is kwame brown.
washington has a glut at the PF/C position.

jamison, haywood, etan, brown.

all of them are signed to long term deals except brown (who's still on his rookie deal).

getting him will be tough but i think he's definitely worth it.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  10:00 AM
Haywood could have been a nice addition, but unfortunately the Wiz gave him a new contract, so forget about him. Kwame is available. The Wiz offered him a 65 million contract for 7 years, and declined to accept that contract. he thinks that he is worth more, and a dumb team will do exactly what he wants by offering him perhaps $85 million for 7 years. This league is so hungry for big men, they will do all sorts of stupid things to get a big. Jamison was in my opinion the best available SF/PF out there last season. He is a quiet assassin just like Duncan. He shows up every night and plays hard. He will quietly post a 22/12rbs every night and no one will even notice it. He is exactly what TT shouls be like, but unfortunately not.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
11/30/2004  10:06 AM
kwame turned down $65 for 7? wow, that's balls right there.
now this is where tim and penny could be useful next offseason.

tim + #1 for kwame in a sign and trade
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  10:09 AM
If Vince is not traded to N.Y. by mid-season, I will be very surprised. With Houston so uncertain about his knee, Isiah will be looking for another superstar to replace him. I do believe that Houston will endup retiring by next season.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
11/30/2004  10:19 AM
not for nothing but vince is still a superstar.
he's a whiny little baby, but if he gets traded, whoever gets him will land a stud b/c he's going to prove to everyone that he's 1/2 man 1/2 amazin'. his #'s are weird this year b/c it's true, they rarely run the offense through him. i've watched a bunch of toronto games on league pass and they have this weird offense where nobody gets featured on offense. that's why bosh hasn't blown up yet b/c he doesn't get it enough in the post.

i'm not sure if it would work with marbury tho b/c steph needs the ball in his hands but i have no problems getting vince if it doesn't cost us ariza or sweetney.
Players we should be looking at...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy