[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ ALT 11/30
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  10:53 PM
A win is a win (esp. on the road), but that was a TERRIBLE performance by the Knicks.

A few comments on specific players:

Crawford: First, I'd acknowledge that of his 21 misses, a good number of them were good shots that just didn't fall. However, a lot of them were really stupid shots. I just don't understand what he's thinking; sometimes I wonder if he has brain damage!! Good things happen when he drives hard and he needs to do that much more.

Nazy: Didn't play as well as his stat line (does he ever?), but still had a very nice game.

Marbury: Did everything you could ask of him.

Kurt: Got abused by Walker. After looking at those #s on his defense, I'm becoming more skeptical about Kurt.

Sweetney & Ariza: Shockingly out of the rotation.

TT: I thought he made some nice plays before tweaking his ankle. But when I looked at the box score, I couldn't believe that he grabbed zero rebounds in 23 minutes.

JYD: His defense was not as good as I expected it to be.

Penny: Had an off shooting night but otherwise played okay.

If the Knicks played like this every night, they'd probably go 15-67.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/30/2004  10:54 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by PhilinLA:

Now we start with a stupid Crawford shot and we're down again. Fuck this ****.

Lenny needs to get canned. They should know how to play D by now.

I find it hard to blame Lenny for some extremely poor efforts on D. He isn't the one playing.

exactly..however I was gonna blame him for not benching Jamal after he took bad shot after terrible shot, that is until Craw won us another game lol
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
11/30/2004  10:56 PM
AW was a one man show out there, taking ill-advised shots at ill-advised times. He killed his team by being selfish. It is very difficult to win in the NBA by being selfish.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/30/2004 22:56:40]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/30/2004  10:56 PM
If the Knicks played like this every night, they'd probably go 15-67

Aww come on, don't say that. You just gave a topic for BRIGGS or islesfan to write a story on.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/30/2004  10:58 PM
Alright, after looking at Crawford's stats, I don't think my argument holds much weight.
gunsnewing
USA
11/30/2004  11:05 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

A win is a win (esp. on the road), but that was a TERRIBLE performance by the Knicks.

A few comments on specific players:

Crawford: First, I'd acknowledge that of his 21 misses, a good number of them were good shots that just didn't fall. However, a lot of them were really stupid shots. I just don't understand what he's thinking; sometimes I wonder if he has brain damage!! Good things happen when he drives hard and he needs to do that much more.

Nazy: Didn't play as well as his stat line (does he ever?), but still had a very nice game.

Marbury: Did everything you could ask of him.

Kurt: Got abused by Walker. After looking at those #s on his defense, I'm becoming more skeptical about Kurt.

Sweetney & Ariza: Shockingly out of the rotation.

TT: I thought he made some nice plays before tweaking his ankle. But when I looked at the box score, I couldn't believe that he grabbed zero rebounds in 23 minutes.

JYD: His defense was not as good as I expected it to be.

Penny: Had an off shooting night but otherwise played okay.

If the Knicks played like this every night, they'd probably go 15-67.

I thought NaZr was clutch tonight!
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/30/2004  11:06 PM
The point is, they don't know how or who to double, or how to switch. That falls on the coaches. They need to know without a doubt or a misstep where to be and go on D. The lackadaisacal transition d wouldn't be a problem if dogging it cost them more. But even when they hustle they don't know where to be because is hasn't been drilled.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2004  11:07 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
If the Knicks played like this every night, they'd probably go 15-67

Aww come on, don't say that. You just gave a topic for BRIGGS or islesfan to write a story on.
LOL! Every team has some nights where they look like this. I'm glad they pulled off a win.

It would be smart for Isiah to fill that 15th roster spot with anyone who can block shots. Heck, who leads the NBDL or CBA in blocked shots? Give Keon a call--maybe he actually has a telephone now
manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
11/30/2004  11:16 PM
Whew... good win! That was one heck of a lousy game though

I've been a Penny Hardaway fan since he came into the league, but I'm declaring it now... he's done. You give him minutes and he just wastes them by bricking shots and turning the ball over. I won't even talk about the D.

That being said, I'm no Crawford fan either. I simply cannot take guys who go 10-for-30 or even worse... it doesn't matter if you get the occassional game winner, the team probably wouldn't have been in such a tight spot in the fist place if he didn't take so many horrible shots.

TT was decent offensively (in the lesser minutes that he played), but how can you not get a rebound??

I'll end on a good note, Steph and Nazr were awesome. Steph is the heart and soul of this ballclub. I'm glad I have both of them on my fantasy team

Tomorrow will be a better game at MSG! Knicks win 98-92. GO KNICKS!!!
KNICKS 2006
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/30/2004  11:21 PM
whew, the only thing good about that game was winning it and marbury. marbury won that game for us actually he helped us not lose it, time after time after time when he was completely exhausted the guy is silk. his play is now almost going to another level. hes f unstoppable
NOW REALISM shows why we need a 7 footer. and when i was making thos eocmments about Kt only shooting 7 FT ALL YEAR, it's a factor in differential. differential is proved to be the most accurate assessment by far to guage a team because it gets into the core of the team. KT is a very good player, but i contend he would be much better playing with a guy like Tim Duncan. Obviously beggars cant be choosers and at this point if we want to win we need KT--UNLESS there is opportunity to get a BIg man. Heck Kevin willis would be HUGE for us off the bench. we need a 7 footer like that
RIP Crushalot😞
manilaballer
Philippines
11/30/2004  11:25 PM
Oh, I almost forgot about KT.

Someone made a post on his numbers defensively (or how other PFs do against his D). Although the correlation and causation for those kind of stats are debatable... Antoine Walker dropping 36pts/13rbs (okay, with 9TOs) just leaves an awful taste in my mouth. I'm starting to believe...
KNICKS 2006
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2004  11:28 PM
i contend he would be much better playing with a guy like Tim Duncan.

Name five players who wouldn't be much better playing with Tim Duncan, Briggs.

The free throws don't worry me about KT. You don't have to have every starter getting to the line often. The team's perimeter defense does worry me, though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/30/2004 23:33:19]
Bonn1997
USA
11/30/2004  11:31 PM
Posted by manilaballer:

Oh, I almost forgot about KT.

Someone made a post on his numbers defensively (or how other PFs do against his D). Although the correlation and causation for those kind of stats are debatable... Antoine Walker dropping 36pts/13rbs (okay, with 9TOs) just leaves an awful taste in my mouth. I'm starting to believe...
That's my reaction too. And you can't obsess over one stat--Walker had a lot of turnovers but overall he had an outstanding game. (Heck, he was one turnover shy of a tripple double )
manilaballer
Philippines
11/30/2004  11:39 PM
That's my reaction too. And you can't obsess over one stat--Walker had a lot of turnovers but overall he had an outstanding game. (Heck, he was one turnover shy of a tripple double )

LOL
KNICKS 2006
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/30/2004  11:42 PM
Also notice TT taking himself out with a fag injury. Cmon. He does this for like 12 games a year. He gets a broken nail and Mrs. Fugazy needs to be rushed to a hopsital.

Defense was beyond terrible today. If we were still playing the Raptors we would have lost by 20+ again. We only won because the Hawsk are so freakin bad.

On a more postitive note, its nice to win when you clearly don't deserve it. At the end of the season, thos W's don't get examined fo ranything more then they are, just W's.

Man Craw is a cardiac lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  11:43 PM

Where are the smart-a&&es who claimed that this game was going to be an easy win? Didn't I tell you? Everygame in this league is a hard game. It doesn't matter which team that we are playing, the other players are professionals just like ours. Besides, bad teams always get up to play the Knicks.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
11/30/2004  11:46 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Where are the smart-a&&es who claimed that this game was going to be an easy win? Didn't I tell you? Everygame in this league is a hard game. It doesn't matter which team that we are playing, the other players are professionals just like ours. Besides, bad teams always get up to play the Knicks.

You missing the point....That game should've been an easy win but not for the Knicks who are a terrible defensive team especially on the road. Any elite team would've destroyed Atlanta. Atlanta was awful we SHOULD'VE blown them out. It's not that there are no easy games in this league, it's the fact that the Knicks are not Elite.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  11:55 PM
Dude! what do you expect? Our starting lineup has a lot of issues. We have a bunch of scorrers that can't play a drop of D on the court as starters. We don't have one guy in there that can do the little things. Kurt wants to be a scorrer or a freaking star, reason is because Lenny believes that the Pick & roll is working between he and Marburry. We need a guy on the court like JYD or Ariz or Brewer to constantly play defense or play the passing lanes. Until a trade happens to clear the mess that we have at the 4 and the 3, we will always be a mediocre defensive team. You can't built defense around Kurt nor Nazr. I would much rather keep Nazr around because he is younger. The time has come for Kurt to go folks. Recognize the weaknesses that we have in our team and what to do to fix it. I know that a lot of folks want Curry in our squad, hey, this could be the time to acquire him. Stop the madness about Kurt.

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by diderotn:

You missing the point....That game should've been an easy win but not for the Knicks who are a terrible defensive team especially on the road. Any elite team would've destroyed Atlanta. Atlanta was awful we SHOULD'VE blown them out. It's not that there are no easy games in this league, it's the fact that the Knicks are not Elite.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
12/1/2004  12:00 AM
oh I wholeheartedly agree! I too would trade KT before trading Nazr. People overrate Kurt Thomas so much! Soon he will start missing those shots as he always does which is why he always winds up at 11pts per game and he will continue to get spanked by every power forward who is quicker than him..which is every PF in the game

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 12/01/2004 00:05:49]
Travla
Member: #723
USA
12/1/2004  12:45 AM
Kurt wasn't gonna play good defense against Walker. Walker plays like a guard, too fluid for Kurt. Should've been TT or Ariza on him, maybe JYD. We all know that Kurt is slow-footed.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ ALT 11/30

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy