[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ ALT 11/30
Author Thread
manilaballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #521
Philippines
12/1/2004  3:09 AM
Boy... the way Penny and JCraw were throwing up bricks, it's gonna be good to get Houston back. He'll do wonders for our outside shooting. Won't do much better on D though, he'll be as slow as Penny or worse. Oh well, pick yur poison.
KNICKS 2006
AUTOADVERT
DefAndReb
Member: #336
12/1/2004  6:38 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:

The point is, they don't know how or who to double, or how to switch. That falls on the coaches.

No, it falls on the point guard. He's the one out there telling them when to switch. Coaches aren't on the floor telling them when to switch. That's the floor leader. Number 3.
DefAndReb
Member: #336
12/1/2004  6:44 AM
Let me further elaborate by invoking the initials JVG.

JVG used to scream at Ward to move the ball up the floor, get the running game going; hell, he talked about moving the ball to the press. JVG waved his arms towards the other end of the floor "Go GO GOOOOO" and Ward just walks it up. Whose fault is that? Obviously, the coach is telling him exactly what to do, and in front of the arena. But the PG is in control of the ball. You think the coaches don't run D plays? If the players are too stupid or incompetent to do their jobs, I don't blame the staff, I blame A) Marbury for not taking control on the floor and B) That IT dude, the one who put together a younger, more exciting team that has no stoppers.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/1/2004  6:54 AM
Wow, first time I have seen a Knicks #1 play on SportsCenter in a LONG time (Craw's 3 in OT). Even his 3 against Houston was #2.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
12/1/2004  7:00 AM
Dude! what in the world are you talking about? Let me tell you something, just incase you didn't know, Marburry is a scorring PG. Scorring PGs don't play defense. Tell me one scorring PG whom you can consider as a great defender? For you to blame Marburry for our weakness on Defense is absurd. Now, I don't agree with you blaming Isiah either, because he has inherited a team that was a weak defensive team and a weak offensive team. It takes time to build or put together a team that is good in both ends of the court. That is why it is necessary for a GM to be given at least 4 years to get the job done. Isiah has slowly but surely put together a good defensive team, but the problem is that we have a bunch of high-paid players on our squad that Lenny must utilize first. In my opinion, JYD should be a starter, Brewer should be getting a lot more minutes than what he has gotten. When you play Marb 43 minutes per game you are not doing any good.

Posted by DefAndReb:

Let me further elaborate by invoking the initials JVG.

JVG used to scream at Ward to move the ball up the floor, get the running game going; hell, he talked about moving the ball to the press. JVG waved his arms towards the other end of the floor "Go GO GOOOOO" and Ward just walks it up. Whose fault is that? Obviously, the coach is telling him exactly what to do, and in front of the arena. But the PG is in control of the ball. You think the coaches don't run D plays? If the players are too stupid or incompetent to do their jobs, I don't blame the staff, I blame A) Marbury for not taking control on the floor and B) That IT dude, the one who put together a younger, more exciting team that has no stoppers.
The true Knickabocker..........
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
12/1/2004  8:06 AM
LOLZ DID YOU SEE AW?!?!? HE MISSED 1 FREE THROW AND HE TRIED TO MISS THE LAST ONE TO GIVE THE HAWKS A CHANCE AND HE MADE IT!!! I LAUGHED SO HARD HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  8:51 AM
Yeah, that was hilarious. The only time Walker can make a free throw is when he's trying to miss!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2004  10:31 AM
I can't help wondering whether Sweetney would have gotten a DNP-CD if Nazy hadn't gotten in foul trouble in the 3rd quarter.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/01/2004 10:31:32]
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
12/1/2004  10:32 AM
FYI: I put the game score in wrong so the GamePicker is going to be off until later tonight.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  10:43 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I can't help wondering whether Sweetney would have gotten a DNP-CD if Nazy hadn't gotten in foul trouble in the 3rd quarter.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12/01/2004 10:31:32]

is he really hurt or what ?

at first i thought that they didn't play him beccause of a possible trade, now, it doesn't make sense to let that guy rot on the bench.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  10:56 AM
Dude! what in the world are you talking about? Let me tell you something, just incase you didn't know, Marburry is a scorring PG. Scorring PGs don't play defense. Tell me one scorring PG whom you can consider as a great defender?
How about Gary Payton? Steve Francis? DWade is a 2nd year player and he's already a better player on D than Marbury. Kidd is a solid defender. Thats just dumb... Marbury isnt commited to playing good defense. If he was he would fight over screens. Marbs is a fair one on one defender, but he's not good in a team concept.

For 10 years Gary Payton when out and got 20/8 while shutting down the other team's PG. Part of the reason the Sonic were in the playoffs every year... and deep into the playoffs
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
raven
Member: #316
Canada
12/1/2004  11:04 AM
agree. the day he'll defend for real, he'll be the best pg and a true leader.

great leader speak and show by example. curetly our teamm si not playing d, and steph is a lot to blame about that.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/1/2004  11:07 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Dude! what in the world are you talking about? Let me tell you something, just incase you didn't know, Marburry is a scorring PG. Scorring PGs don't play defense. Tell me one scorring PG whom you can consider as a great defender?
How about Gary Payton? Steve Francis? DWade is a 2nd year player and he's already a better player on D than Marbury. Kidd is a solid defender. Thats just dumb... Marbury isnt commited to playing good defense. If he was he would fight over screens. Marbs is a fair one on one defender, but he's not good in a team concept.

For 10 years Gary Payton when out and got 20/8 while shutting down the other team's PG. Part of the reason the Sonic were in the playoffs every year... and deep into the playoffs

Since steph has someone to help him bring the ball up now , couldn't he concentrate a lil more on defense.
I will almost guarantee if steph hunkered down and played defense ,his teammates would follow his lead.

Shouldn't he be able to harass the ball and passing lanes with his quickness.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/1/2004  11:12 AM
To proclain that scoring poing guards don't play defense and thats fine, is absurd. Not playin defense is terrible and will never fly on a winning team. Payton played defense, it his strong suite, he was the glove. Wade plays good D. Guys like Baron Davis, yeah they don't play no D, but guess what, those teams don't get out past the 2nd round in the terrible East.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/1/2004  1:19 PM
playa, I'm with you 100%. This is why Marbury isnt the great leader people are dying to label him as. Everyone know's he's a great ball player. Heck, next to Iverson he might be the best 1 on 1 player in the NBA. He finds his teammates and this year he has kept passing to guys like Nazr even when they are struggling. But he's simply not commited to playing team D. He doesnt like getting beat and he does play his man well, but he doesnt fight over screens and gets beat away from the ball quite a bit.

I have seen him play harder D in the 4th qtrs of games... I will give him that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ ALT 11/30

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy