Nazr for President
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/29/2004  7:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I would rather have player that works hard than a skilled player with no heart.

i guess that's why everyone hates a player like tim thomas while loving a player like starks.

thomas is waaaaay more skilled yet starks was all heart.

You would think that this would mean more fans loved Charlie Ward. But I guess it doesn't always work that way.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/30/2004  9:05 AM
Gotta love Nazr's humility. He refused to bad mouth Atlanta and showed class in everything he says.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/20911.htm

"I just want to win," he said. "You don't understand: Since I left Philly [in 2001], I haven't been over .500.

"I haven't even been at .500. So it's exciting to be the starting center on a winning team. You can win a lot of games and go along with it."

Instead of badmouthing the Hawks, Mohammed credited them for giving him minutes off the bench. Realistically, he wasn't going to start ahead of Ratliff at center or Shareef Abdur-Rahim at forward, because both are former All-Stars.

"It was a tough situation just because I was on a bad defensive team while I was there, and I was playing behind the best shot-blocker I've ever seen," he said. "Theo Ratliff needed to be out there.

"So it always kind of hurt my minutes him having to be out there to try to correct a lot of mistakes."

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  9:26 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Gotta love Nazr's humility. He refused to bad mouth Atlanta and showed class in everything he says.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/20911.htm

"I just want to win," he said. "You don't understand: Since I left Philly [in 2001], I haven't been over .500.

"I haven't even been at .500. So it's exciting to be the starting center on a winning team. You can win a lot of games and go along with it."

Instead of badmouthing the Hawks, Mohammed credited them for giving him minutes off the bench. Realistically, he wasn't going to start ahead of Ratliff at center or Shareef Abdur-Rahim at forward, because both are former All-Stars.

"It was a tough situation just because I was on a bad defensive team while I was there, and I was playing behind the best shot-blocker I've ever seen," he said. "Theo Ratliff needed to be out there.

"So it always kind of hurt my minutes him having to be out there to try to correct a lot of mistakes."

Yeah, I like his modesty. In really stands in contrast to the arrogance of a lot of players.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2004  10:01 AM
he's a good guy.. nothing wrong with having good citizens on your team. Seems like this group has nice chemistry.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2004  10:10 AM
so far so good.

with everyone playing well, their value goes up.

nazr's value 2 weeks ago was absolute crap, a throw in. now he's a main piece to a deal. awesome.

i hope his play continues and it should since it's all about what craw and marbury set up for him.

nazr + XXX/picks/whatever could land us dalembert or kwame next offseason in a sign and trade.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  10:22 AM
It is incredible what a little confidence can do for a player. He could be the least talented dude on the court, but once he starts shooting the ball well, his mind set changes. I will say this much about Nazr, he is a very polite dude and a good politician. He has praised Marburry for his success and I can tell you that the acknoledgement will incite Marburry to look for him even more now. When a PG trusts his surrounding, that normally forces him to become an even better passer. TT needs to learn a little from Nazr. Start praising Marb and Crawf, they will be forced to run more plays for him.
The true Knickabocker..........
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2004  10:26 AM
that's why i thought it would be nice for us to get off to a hot start. look at seattle. they're cooking and look at the body language of the players. EVERYONE is playing at a high level and they think they can outshoot anybody and win any game. so far they're proving it. one day, the hot shooting will stop but it would be tough for them not to make the playoffs now. and talk about one player making a difference...danny fortson completely changed the entire attitude of that team.

if we can win the next 4 (@atl, mem, orl, @cha), we'd be 10-6, MUCH better than anybody could've imagined and something that can carry us the rest of the season.

that shot in houston was HUGE for us.
diderotn
USA
11/30/2004  11:19 AM
One game at a time. Let's try to win tonight's game first.

Posted by djsunyc:

that's why i thought it would be nice for us to get off to a hot start. look at seattle. they're cooking and look at the body language of the players. EVERYONE is playing at a high level and they think they can outshoot anybody and win any game. so far they're proving it. one day, the hot shooting will stop but it would be tough for them not to make the playoffs now. and talk about one player making a difference...danny fortson completely changed the entire attitude of that team.

if we can win the next 4 (@atl, mem, orl, @cha), we'd be 10-6, MUCH better than anybody could've imagined and something that can carry us the rest of the season.

that shot in houston was HUGE for us.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2004  12:17 PM
the best part about Nazr's great play of late is I'm not subjected to TT vs KVh trade threads or some hoser sarcasticly refering to Nazr as "the key of the deal."

This is why GMs and coaches are paid to be patient, and fans are fans.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/30/2004  12:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the best part about Nazr's great play of late is I'm not subjected to TT vs KVh trade threads or some hoser sarcasticly refering to Nazr as "the key of the deal."

I was thinking that too
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
11/30/2004  12:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

nah the only reason no one is saying anything about TT is because he actually played well last game for the first time all season.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2004  12:42 PM
Wasn't there an arguement the big men only play better when Marbury leaves town. I think KT & Muhammad dissagree.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/30/2004  1:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

It's only now becoming obvious that we got the better big man in the deal. It was obvious at the time of the deal that Milwaukee was getting the better SF and that disparity has only grown bigger through time. Things are certainly evening out though with Nazy playing so well and Doleac being nothing more than a backup.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/30/2004 13:29:13]
diderotn
USA
11/30/2004  1:44 PM
As the season progresses, you will all say the same thing about KHV and TT. One thing is for sure, TT has always be known as a finisher, can you say the same for KVH?

Posted by NYKDUNK:
Posted by fishmike:

It's only now becoming obvious that we got the better big man in the deal. It was obvious at the time of the deal that Milwaukee was getting the better SF and that disparity has only grown bigger through time. Things are certainly evening out though with Nazy playing so well and Doleac being nothing more than a backup.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/30/2004 13:29:13]
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/30/2004  1:51 PM
Posted by diderotn:

As the season progresses, you will all say the same thing about KHV and TT. One thing is for sure, TT has always be known as a finisher, can you say the same for KVH?

He never had a problem finishing off fast breaks from JK...let's not turn this into that debate again. I intentionally left out the names of the other 2 players involved in that deal in order to not let this thread degenerate into another debate about the same topic. I'd rather not talk about that very depressing part of the trade. The other part is clear. Nazy is outplaying Doleac right now and has been a major part of our success so far this season. I hope he can keep it up, and continue to improve all aspects of his game.
NYKBocker
USA
11/30/2004  1:53 PM
I am a little confused. When was TT labeled a finisher? His playoff numbers are similar to KVH. His regular season numbers are worse than KVH. I think this guy needs to go. He is 6'10" for heavens sake. Crash the boards. Put your hand up when playing D. Do something. ARRRGGGHHH!

Sorry. I know this is a Nazr thread but TT just gnaws at me.
NYKBocker
USA
11/30/2004  1:57 PM
I also think that Nazr is the perfect compliment for Marbury and Crawford right now. If you put a big center right now that needs to be fed to be effective then you are going away from our guards strength. We needed them before ever sincen Spree stopped taking it to the hole but with this new crew we need a garbage man for put backs.

For Marbury to be succesfull he needs a Nazr type or a Doleac/KT type big man to play with. We have that now. We just need a productive SF.
diderotn
USA
11/30/2004  2:05 PM
That is what is going to separate Marburry from a good PG into a great PG. He is going to find ways to get TT going. Now that he has two members of the front-court rolling, the third most important player is TT. Once that happens, we will definitely be a force.

Posted by NYKBocker:

I also think that Nazr is the perfect compliment for Marbury and Crawford right now. If you put a big center right now that needs to be fed to be effective then you are going away from our guards strength. We needed them before ever sincen Spree stopped taking it to the hole but with this new crew we need a garbage man for put backs.

For Marbury to be succesfull he needs a Nazr type or a Doleac/KT type big man to play with. We have that now. We just need a productive SF.

[Edited by - Diderotn on 11/30/2004 14:10:52]
NYKBocker
USA
11/30/2004  3:38 PM
Posted by diderotn:

That is what is going to separate Marburry from a good PG into a great PG. He is going to find ways to get TT going. Now that he has two members of the front-court rolling, the third most important player is TT. Once that happens, we will definitely be a force.

Posted by NYKBocker:

[Edited by - Diderotn on 11/30/2004 14:10:52]

There is only so much a great PG can do. If TT does not roll to the basket or crash the boards then he will never get any high percentage shots. Instead he wants to jack up the 3s and stay in the perimeter.

I wish TT can prove me wrong but unless he develops a work ethic and the Knick attitude he will be forever linked with mediocrity.
diderotn
USA
11/30/2004  11:48 PM
Ramadan did Nazr a lot of good. He is balling like a true all-star. His numbers are very impressive, that is why we shouldn't trade him. I would say this much, as much as some of you love to have Kurt in this team, I think that the time has come for N.Y. to part ways with him. Yes he has been an excellent player for us, but what you all must realize is that this dude will not get better. He is too short, and too nonathletic. As he ages, his game will quickly age with him; reason is because he is a one dimensional player. Get rid of Kurt while he has value. In a year, he not worth a danm. Nazr is balling, and he has a lot of rooms to improve. We can't afford to trade Nazr nor Sweetney or Ariza right now. They are our future and we need to keep them. Ahsalamah Lekom
Nazr for President

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy