[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

H20 says his Knee is sore
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2004  11:51 AM
He may just have to fight through soreness for the rest of his career. Do you think he'll have full strength and quickness back even if he's sore?
no, but he will have enough to elevate on his jumper. He's smart enough to compensate. His play isnt based on his athleticism, rather his skill and strength and size. I dont have a lot of concerns regarding him coming back. I'm sure his issue will be finding a balance between feeling strong and playing a certain amount of minutes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/29/2004  12:06 PM
I'm not sure Allan is at role player status yet. None of us have seen him play, and JC stood there in awe at how many jumpers allan connected on in practice last week. Allan has never been Mr. athletic, he took a pretty serious hit when he came back, which made matters only worse. On top of that, wasn't the right knee the one that got operated on and the left was being compensated for the right. AT 33 I would find it hard to believe ( even with no surgury) that a person could just begin playing Basketball after not playing for almost 8 months and not have soreness.

And some of you keep comparing Grant and allan, when both had totally different problems ( grant ankles, Al knees).
ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/29/2004  1:11 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Jason Kidd had microfracture surgery way back in Phoenix
I never read that. Do you have a link for it. Are you sure it wasn't just arthroscopic surgery?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/29/2004  2:44 PM
Posted by Therapist:

penny hardaway should be the perfect example of why you wouldn't want houston back too early... and grant hill is the perfect example of why you would want him to wait...

penny, admittedly, came back to play after his knee surgery way before his knee was ready and has never been the same... my man can barely even dunk anymore...

grant hill, chilled and took the time he needed to rehabilitate fully, and is playing like he never lost a step...

two guys who were supposed to be hall of famers... at least grant hill will still be able to make it some day...

I agree Houston should wait, but remember Grant hill tried to come back on that ankle twice and it didn't work. and I don't agree that he is back to his old self, he is still a good player, but grant is not as explosive, yes he will get the occasional dunk, here and there, but he does not play above the rim and he is not beating anyone off the dribble and taking it to the hoop, grant is a jump shooter right nopw, so to say he hasn't missed a step is a bit much, but I agree he does look good... Penny I agree should have waited but it all varies according to the athlete, as long as Houston feels the knee is strong enough and we keep his minutes down, he might be fine..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/29/2004  2:56 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Jason Kidd had microfracture surgery way back in Phoenix
I never read that. Do you have a link for it. Are you sure it wasn't just arthroscopic surgery?

Your right. it was arthoscopic surgury not micro-fracture and it was during the 96-97 season. That is why he was able to still be a great player unlike Penny.

and H20 *cough *cough
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/29/2004  3:51 PM
Look, when The great MJ first came back from his retirement( without injury) he wasn't the same (LOOK OUT BELOW I'M ABOUT TO SORE OVER YOUR ASS FOR A RIDICULOUS DUNK) player he once was.

Great players make the adjustment,H2O has always been a lights-out pure shooter without even a pump fake,or any kind of slick moves and capable of shooting over guy's like shawn bradley.

Grant hill, by far, was the most all around player in the league ( now we have L James). Grant hill today or thus far, is one of the smartest players in the league ( for all of us who have league pass or get to see him play on a regular).

Allans been relatively injury free he's whole career ( because of his style of play), until you ask him to become more then he is. most 20point scores usually gets at least 5 to 6 of the points from the foul line. Allan has average 3.1 free throws in his best season. Even in his one and only all star season he had loads of help and defenses were not collapsing on him the way they started doing in 2002.

Right now he has the best thing going for him Steph , and jamal. He's going to rearly see doubles unless he's blazing hot. His work load has decrease by far. An Allan houston at 85% makes this team a hell'uve lot better with out question.

If TT can get a relatively decent Post player ( and better coach), were a championship team, simply becasue were pretty deep and more balances then in recent years.
ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/29/2004  4:23 PM
Actually, in the past 2 seasons, when he was healthy, Allan averaged closer to about 5 FTs a game, and he had 2 all star seasons, but that's not the point....

Allan is a shooter, and relies on mainly using his head, as opposed to athleticism to score his buckets. He's one of those rare players. And when he does take it to the basket, he relies more on his overall body strength to get by guys, or making up a move, as opposed to just blowing by guys. He's not 27 and it's not '99 anymore. Hence, he still has the captability to put up 20- 30 on any night against any defender.

As for his soreness, name one athlete, who is getting up there in the years, that doesn't experience sorness. This is something Allan KNOWS he is gonna have to fight through, and that is why he sounded optimisitc, when they interviewed him. He knows it's to come. As long as he doesn't feel the sharp pain and all that, then we shouldn't even be concerned.

What I am worried about is his body strength. Before the injury issues, he was a strong strong man, and was able to actually hold his own on defense, one on one. He wasn't doing bad for the most part, and that's b/c he got strong as hell, and was able to body up. I just hope he still has that.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
gunsnewing
USA
11/29/2004  4:31 PM
Allan Houston has a head?
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
11/29/2004  8:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

sore doesnt bother me.. functionality does. Ewing was "sore" for 10 years. 5 years ago I tore my ALC, partially tore the MCL and tore the miniscus is 2 places. I still have 3 screws in my knee.

I dont pretend to be on Allan Houston's level in terms of athletics but I do play 40 baseball games over a summer. All in center field, batting cleanup and I play every inning of every game. My knee is sore after every game. Sometimes there is swelling and I need ice, other times its just sore. But I still run down balls with anyone, steal bases and go from 1st to 3rd with anyone.
Cause you're not a wuss like Whitney.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
11/30/2004  4:18 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/30/sports/basketball/30knicks.html?pagewanted=all

"I'm happy where I am," Houston said, "but just because I'm scrimmaging, it doesn't mean it's over with. I still want to continue to improve."

And Houston wants to continue to improve at practice before he is activated by the Knicks, who seem to be doing fine without him. They take a 6-6 record into a road game Tuesday against the Atlanta Hawks.

There had been much speculation that Houston, sidelined since last season because of a sore knee, would play for the Knicks as early as Saturday, when they face the Bobcats in Charlotte. Coach Lenny Wilkens said that was much too optimistic.

"I really need to see him get up and down the floor, and get after it, and then I'll feel comfortable," Wilkens said.

Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/30/2004  5:13 AM
Im not worried about allan houston scoring, even if his knee was in horrible shape.. he'd still score

im worried about houston on D...
gunsnewing
USA
11/30/2004  5:26 AM
nah not true. his shots are off the mark when his knees hurt. His defense defense can't get any worse lol
H20 says his Knee is sore

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy