[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks moving up, while the Nets...
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/28/2004  7:22 PM

I was just checking out the boxscores of today's games and I came up with the New Jersey vs. Portland game and it looked so ugly! At the half, Portland is leading 30-25. The first quarter ended with NJ leading 10-9. RJ is their starting shooting guard and we could see how great of a shooter he is in the Olympics. He is 1-8 today. NJ shot 28% from the field and Portland 26%.

After all that was said in last playoffs I don't feel bad for the Nets. But I do feel bad that, as always, when one of this two teams, talking about the Knicks and the Nets, looks to be improving and moving in the winning direction, the other goes south. It would have been nice to finally have a good rivalry between this two teams. Now, the Knicks are getting younger, more athletic, and more exciting, while the Nets, with injuries and trades, can't score and are just awful.

Just a thought, after watching such terrible stats in that game...

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 11/28/2004 19:27:05]
Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/28/2004  7:48 PM
life is back to normal... that 3-4 year nightmare is over
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
11/28/2004  8:04 PM
check out the score now.... ouch....

4th quarter

Nets:58
Blazers:73
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Knicksfan
USA
11/28/2004  8:19 PM
Well, at least they made 71 points after all that trouble scoring. Now they have lost 9 straight and are 2-11. Ouch!
Knicks_Fan
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/28/2004  8:45 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Well, at least they made 71 points after all that trouble scoring. Now they have lost 9 straight and are 2-11. Ouch!
so life is normal? Ahhh
http://allknicks.com
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
USA
11/28/2004  9:40 PM
raptors lost....
nets lost...
celtics lost...

LOLZ

that title of the atlantic division is in our reach now xD

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/28/2004  10:29 PM
yea, I see RJ is kinda quiet now.. Great, things are back to normal.....hahahah...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/28/2004  11:19 PM
Nets are not the worst team in the league, but they have to be the worst team in the league to watch right now. A lot of low scoring, defensive struggles. They will be better once Kidd is back, but they've lost too many of their horses.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
11/29/2004  4:52 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

life is back to normal... that 3-4 year nightmare is over

lol ! exactly what i was thinking.
Though I find to see a team sinking that fast and I would've enjoyed to see a great rivalry for years.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/29/2004  9:33 AM
the thing that irritates me as a citizen is that Ratner is going to get his Brooklyn arena deal and he is just using ownership of an NBA team as a means to getting the arena.

Its sad, really.

I haven't watched any of there games in entirity- but I've been surprised at how competitive they have been in stretches and would not be surprised if when kidd came back they would not be a decent team- though I am sure he will be traded.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/29/2004  9:44 AM
Wasnt too long ago that Kidd was telling the media that would listen not to talk about a rivalry because there isnt one.Well he is right about that, heh heh.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
11/29/2004  9:44 AM
Posted by franco12:

the thing that irritates me as a citizen is that Ratner is going to get his Brooklyn arena deal and he is just using ownership of an NBA team as a means to getting the arena.

Its sad, really.

not hte first time an nba franchise is used to make some money (read donald sterling).

at least, the nets proved one thing, with competent persons in charge and the will to win, you can always improve.

they've been a nice story, and again, i'd have tremendously enjoyed that the knicks were so bad during that period. could've been a lot of great fights between them and us.

instead, they destroyed us last yr in the playoffs and we'll roll them over soon.
Knicksfan
USA
11/29/2004  6:42 PM
Posted by franco12:

Its sad, really.

I haven't watched any of there games in entirity- but I've been surprised at how competitive they have been in stretches and would not be surprised if when kidd came back they would not be a decent team- though I am sure he will be traded.

They do seem to play good defense because, while they have a very hard time scoring, there are some stretches where the opposing team experiences the same thing (example: NJ 10, Port 9 1st Q). If it was hard to watch that team, when they were playing fine, because of those gray uniforms, its a punishment to have to do it now.

Kidd can change that team, but as you mentioned, will he be there qhen he returns from his injury? I don't care because after last playoffs, which Knick fan can worry about the Nets? I like the fact that here Isiah is doing the best to make us a winning team again, unlike what's happening on the other side of the river. I really hope that NY keeps getting better and better and that they play great games when they go up against NJ.

Our Knicks may still not be championship material, but they are just some pieces away from that. The Nets are losing their pieces pretty fast...
Knicks_Fan
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
USA
11/29/2004  7:08 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by franco12:

Its sad, really.

They do seem to play good defense because, while they have a very hard time scoring, there are some stretches where the opposing team experiences the same thing (example: NJ 10, Port 9 1st Q). If it was hard to watch that team, when they were playing fine, because of those gray uniforms, its a punishment to have to do it now.

Kidd can change that team, but as you mentioned, will he be there qhen he returns from his injury? I don't care because after last playoffs, which Knick fan can worry about the Nets? I like the fact that here Isiah is doing the best to make us a winning team again, unlike what's happening on the other side of the river. I really hope that NY keeps getting better and better and that they play great games when they go up against NJ.

Our Knicks may still not be championship material, but they are just some pieces away from that. The Nets are losing their pieces pretty fast...

how come were not championship material?? i mean what could we be missing??
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/29/2004  11:55 PM
They have 6 or more first rd picks in the next 3 yrs. Plus what ever they get for Kidd &/or Mourning. They could build somthing for the future and there can be a rivalry again in the future.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2004  10:29 AM
dude, they had like 50 lottery picks and it all amounted to crap until jkidd came to town.

the only reason i hope they continue to lose is b/c of RJ. he's a heck of a player but i just hate him.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/30/2004  10:48 AM
Whats also nice to see is how bad Byron Scott's team is. I said from day one that he doesn't know the first thing about coaching. Jason Kidd makes every coach look like a genius. And we all agreed that the nets were a jason kidd injury away from the lottery.
ES
MS
Member: #724
11/30/2004  11:03 AM
Number one the Nets are in great Shape they are going to be able to either get some nice players back in a deal for Jason, or they are going to trade him for expiring deals. Which means the team will continue to lose, and there draft status will improve....

Lets say the nets are awful the rest of the way and they make a deal and get perhaps josh howard and an expiring deal, they have a good nucleus

What happens if the Nets get the #1 pick. Then they have chris paul, with rj in place and can go make some moves perhaps get a stro swift, and another servicable big

Paul
Howard
RJ
Swift
Mourning (if he is around)

That team is not that bad, its exciting its young and the nets are int he process of rebuilding
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2004  11:16 AM
the upside for the Nets is Rod Thorn's eye for talent. They will be able to get some talent in the next couple years but I have no doubt they will be pretty bad during that stretch. They will still have to get players to stay also, and at some point commit to investing in a core of players. That can take a very long time. The Clippers have always drafted pretty well but this is the first core of guys they have actually invested in and it looks like a worthy group.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/30/2004  3:32 PM
Here we go again with this draft pick non sense. Ratner isn't doing anything signifcant as far as talant upgrade, unless it comes cheap. His major concern for the next 5 years is bringing an areana to brooklyn, and thats where is major $ will go into. Once they get that straighten out, look for those losers to make a run in 2008/9.

Miami should look to trade wade for kidd. As nice as wade is he will not have the experince to take this team past the 2nd round regaurdless of shaq. Wade is what marbury was when he played with KG( not as selfish) but extremely talanted, but only averages around 5 ast.

Kidd instanly makes the most average player around him better, and is a much wiser player. with both shaq and eddie at the peak of there careers, miami will instantly be a title contender, and probbly favorites to win it. I know the cap hardly works, and miami will probably need to gut out the rest of the team, but kidd and shaq...man.. thats a sight to behold.
ES
Knicks moving up, while the Nets...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy