[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Just having a little fun
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/29/2004  6:58 PM
The good thing about Sweetney is this. Last year he didn't have a turnaround jumpshot, now it is starting to come around. This year he doesn't have a consistent jumpshot, next year.............

I'm not expecting Sweetney to become Duncan, or Garnett or any kind of superstar. I'm expecting him to be a beast that is tough to guard down low. That's all I want. Not every pick has to turn into Duncan to be a success.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/30/2004  10:40 AM
Well since nobody feels like he's going to turn in some super star in the next 2 years, why not trade him if the right trade becomes available.
ES
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/30/2004  10:51 AM
There are two positions in basketball that will never be a problem in this league: SG and PF. I would say this much about Sweetney, he has something that separates him from the rest, he has an attitude and a desire to be the best at what he does. Just for that alone, I wouldn't want to trade him. He is in my opinion too small for PF, but his heart will place him head and shoulder above everyone bigger than him. If Curry was to show the attitude and desire that Sweetney has right now, I would say do the trade if it was available, but he doesn't. However, Chandler is a different story. He has the attitude, but he has yet to prove that he can stay healthy. Kwame and Curry are similar players, except that Kwame is build like a beast. If he had a mean streak or better yet an attitude to go along with his game, he would be a monster.

All Sweetney needs to be a star is playing time. All that talking about his shooting is boggus. That kid can shoot the ball, he just has to take 15 shots per game and develop his confidence a little, but with Kurt in the lineup, he will never get it. That is why it is imperative to trade Kurt, specially if we can get another 20 ppg scorrer in return for him; I.E. a Vince Carter. The problem is that until Houston's contract is off the payroll book, we will always have our hands tide. If we could get rid of Houston, we probably would have been able to move Crawf to the bench and play Vince at the SG with TT at the 3, Sweetn PF, Curry at the 5. I still don't like that lineup. We have to many guys that are capable. What would have happened with Nazr if he sill around? maybe he would have been part of the trade for Curry. I don't know, but we do have a lot of options.

[Edited by - Diderotn on 11/30/2004 11:01:08]
The true Knickabocker..........
Just having a little fun

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy