[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/29/2004  4:44 PM
KT and TT for Antonio Davis and Curry or NO THANK YOU.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2004  4:44 PM
or you could just not make the trade. To me thats to much to give up. Especially with Penny and TT expiring after next year I'm looking to Ariza to be my 3.

With that Curry deal I feel like your putting all your eggs in one basket. Yes he's got potential but he's also got some major issues. Bad work ethics are scary, and he's NOT an aggressive player defensively or on the boards. Think our lane is open now? To me Curry has shown he can score and thats it. Thats also the one dimension we need the least. He's got size and plays well around the basket but he's a lousy rebounder and an even worse defender.

I dont disagree with your arguement, Curry just scares me. Kwame Brown doesnt. Ive seen him attack the glass, block shots and the aggressive style you want a guy with that body to play.

I just havent seen that with Curry.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
11/29/2004  6:56 PM
I think it would be a big mistake to trade Sweetney "and" Ariza for Curry let alone throwing in JYD. It's always "interesting" when I see certain trade proposals that are not based in what I consider reality. Of course that doesn't make my reality anymore concrete than the next persons realtiy. I don't see Isiah trading players he has made an obvious long term commitment to. Isiah has preached youth and athleticism since the day he got here. It would send entirely the wrong message for Isiah to trade Ariza and Sweetney. What would Stephon think about Isiah trading Ariza whom he said should have been a top 5 pick. Honestly the mere notion of trading those two fellas would imo send the Knicks into a downward spiral just based on the bad Karma it would create. And....gag...to think Isiah would let JYD go to the Celtics...sorry in advance but.....it's Absurd. After Ainge blocked Sheed from coming here it's just mind boggling to think Isiah would remotely consider such a thing...let alone the concept of sending JYD to the Celtics. Plus, if you've seen the All Ball series you can see that JYD is not only a teammate favorite and a public favorite, but also a management favorite.

I don't see Isiah trading any of his guys for Curry before the season is out beyond TT, Moochie, Sundov and maybe Penny (and I don't think he wants to trade Penny because I think they get along great and there's a mutual admiration between them). So, backtracking to the original point of the thread with a slight alteration, how can we get Curry or another Center outside of trading anyone? Come on folks, put your thinking caps on.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2004  12:01 AM
How about Dalembert. He is an athletic shotblocker who has a ton of potential and is cheaper then Curry & Swift.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2004  9:08 AM
Dalembert is #1 on my wish list, but I dont think he's realistic. He's not costing his team anything, he's young and he's in our division. There just isnt any reason for Phili to trade him to the Knicks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/30/2004  9:16 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Dalembert is #1 on my wish list, but I dont think he's realistic. He's not costing his team anything, he's young and he's in our division. There just isnt any reason for Phili to trade him to the Knicks.

Do you know the story on him this year? The best I could gather is that O'Briren was P.O'd because he wouldn't "buy into his defensive schemes," whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. I guess he's supposed to emulate the great Walter McCarty instead of swatting the hell out of shots like he had been previously for Philly.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/30/2004  12:59 PM
Fish - Would u trade a lottery protected first rder for him??
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy