[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/29/2004  11:56 AM

Posted by raven:

Sure, but it has never moved from post offense. MJ is the one who made it without interior presence (offensive i mean), but him and pip were good post players. post offense is what we need. curry will bring us that.

It has moved from the center being the primary scorer so we dont need another Patrick Ewing to be competitive which was my point.
Besides Nazr's numbers are almost identical to Curry's so Im not sure what the fascination is with him

Waiting for his value to rise so he becomes out of reach ? sometimes you have to take some risks. What if the bulls win 5 ou of the next 10 ? They're not under pressure anymore. Their "losing streak" since the beginning of the season is what may push them to a move they're not found of. Right now they couldn't refuse a good offer, and you have to give to get. We get sure thing, KT or nazr or "i don't care who" and we're rewarded with potential.

Who is talking about waiting for him to rise?I want to see if we can do better.They couldnt refuse a good offer? Since when is Isiah Don Corleone?

slow down. IT, as much as i like what he brings in NY, is no miracle makers. it is known that he took the work done by layden to get marbury and paid high $$ while trading all of our expiring contracts to get crawford.

Never heard of Layden getting credit for the Marbury trade.He may have wanted to get him but he didnt,woulda coulda shoulda.Cant discount the fact that we went from the worst backcourt in the NBA to one of the best because of Isiah.Milos is still in Europe and Lampe is still a work in progress.Dice's numbers are good but not great.

all those moves, (i do love them all), were bold and needed and currently are rewarding. But we luckily escaped a trip in texas by getting a win on a bank shot and have been dismanteled by toronto and boston, so please don't act as if everything was ok.

we're not there yet.

Act as if everything was OK? You are kidding right? Where did I say that? I said we improved our backcourt exponentially,which we did.I mentioned several times about not pulling the trigger too soon when we can be more patient and have a better chance of improving our roster.Where do you go from that statement to me being satisified with the makeup of this team?

[/quote]
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/29/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Curry does scare me. I see a him and see Tractor Traylor with an extra 2 inches. Traylor is a good player, very talented, always has been. But he's happy being just good and also being fat. Nothing wrong with living an easy lifestyle and making 5-6 mill a year to play ball. I see to much of that in Curry. Maybe we can turn him around. Maybe not. I would much rather target a less talented player thats a better fit. Obviously Dalembert tops my wish list. Magloire is another option. If NO is terrible they might be interested in dumping money meaning you could get Magloire if your willing to take Mashburn's contract back.

I want a real defender and shotblocker for center. Someone that cant take the pressure off our guards and allow them to get up on their man.

a defensive presence at center is a very big need. curry is not defensive but to his defense, he's not tractor traylor either. he did come into camp in GREAT shape (around 285) compared to his 310+ last year. so we know he'll try to stay in shape. and i have confidence in our coaching staff to develop him.

but it is a gamble. dalembert would be nice but tougher to get b/c he's in our division and he's restricted after the season (i think). i'm not sure what jim o'brien is doing down there but both dalembert and now kenny thomas are getting no love and are getting extended bench minutes.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/29/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by NYKBocker:

I wouldn't trade Nazr for Curry just because you need to show loyalty to people. Nazr has worked hard and is clicking right now with Marbury.

Yeah, but by this same logic, you wouldn't have trade Nazr for Doleac last year.

You ALWAYS trade players who you think are overachieving for players who have bigger upside. That's how you make a better team.

This is true, but I wouldn't be upset if we had kept Doleac. I beleive in continuity with people who are deserving. You create a stable environment by rewarding the people that gives you their all.

Obviously, I am still not over the KVH trade, but Nazr dedication, demeanor and play has made the trade easier to swallow.

Why do you think Curry has a bigger upside than Nazr? Nazr is 27 years old. He has some upside. Like another poster here pointed out. Curry has shown nothing in his stay with the Bulls but that he is lazy and has no heart. Crawford was not depicted as lazy but his shot selection was bad. Correctable. Can you honestly say that someone can show Curry how to have a work ethic? Antonio Davis took Al Harrington in his wings when he was with the Pacers. Al Harrington credits Davis for his work ethic. I am sure Antonio has tried to show this kid a thing or 2. I don't think Curry will ever get it. For that, his skills is only worth a 32 year old PF that can shoot and defend. And they have to take our equally frustrating SF in return. If not then NO THANK YOU!
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
11/29/2004  11:58 AM
Kurt always plays well at the start of the season then his numbers start to decline. That is why he always winds up with an 11pt 8rebs average instead of 13 & 11.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2004  12:02 PM
you made a good point, but who's taking Curry under their wing? Eddie Robinson? Curry and Crawford are best friends, but they know squat between them about winning NBA games and what it takes to be a bigtime NBA player. The best thing I can say about Jamal is he knows he doesnt know. This is why you see him talking to Houston when he's on the bench, this is why Lenny raves about how coachable Jamal is every time his name is mentioned.

The thing I would like about a Curry trade is he's at least a nice piece for another team. The thing that scares me is he's in a contract year and giving him Brad Miller type money really scares me.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
USA
11/29/2004  12:08 PM
Posted by fishmike:

you made a good point, but who's taking Curry under their wing? Eddie Robinson? Curry and Crawford are best friends, but they know squat between them about winning NBA games and what it takes to be a bigtime NBA player. The best thing I can say about Jamal is he knows he doesnt know. This is why you see him talking to Houston when he's on the bench, this is why Lenny raves about how coachable Jamal is every time his name is mentioned.

The thing I would like about a Curry trade is he's at least a nice piece for another team. The thing that scares me is he's in a contract year and giving him Brad Miller type money really scares me.

He has Antonio Davis. If he can't learn from a well respected NBA veteran like Antonio Davis why do you think he would learn from our well respected NBA veterans?

Great insight on Jamal. He is coachable. His only problem is his shot selection but he has improved on this as well.
fishmike
USA
11/29/2004  12:09 PM
I would rather find a way to add Stro Swift than Eddie Curry. I think Swift is the kind of athletic shot changer that would be a perfect fit with Crawford and Marbury. I dont care that he's 6'9. Look at what Wilcox has done playing center for LAC.

I also think Swift is doable, especially if Nazr continues on his pace... he will finish averaging like 12/10 and his expiring and modest $6mm is perfect commodity for a S&T
gunsnewing
USA
11/29/2004  12:15 PM
going from Nazr to Magloire is not much of an upgrade but Nazr for Curry's potential is
fishmike
USA
11/29/2004  12:17 PM
Maybe Antonio just does like him or vice versa? You cant just assume they will get a long and make the most of a situation. I'm not making excuses for Curry, but that is a bad situtation, and it seems like every players that leaves it thrives. Brad Miller, Artest (mental issues aside), Brand, Jamal, I'm sure I'm missing something. All these guys went to other teams and played better almost instantly.

Jamal has been very diplomatic since he's been here. No he wasnt labeled lazy, but he was certainly labeled selfish.
gunsnewing
USA
11/29/2004  12:18 PM
we have no shot of getting Swift. They don't need any of our valuable players like KT and Nazr and they definitely don't need TT.
fishmike
USA
11/29/2004  12:20 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

going from Nazr to Magloire is not much of an upgrade but Nazr for Curry's potential is
It is because Magloire is a better fit. The numbers may be a bit of a wash but Magloire is a much better defender and has a nice mid range jumper.
fishmike
USA
11/29/2004  12:36 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

we have no shot of getting Swift. They don't need any of our valuable players like KT and Nazr and they definitely don't need TT.
Swift cant be traded this year anyhow. Any move has to come in the offseason, but its definatly possible. The question is what do you want to pay. What if it costs you Nazr and the draft rights to whoever we pickup?

He's also a guy somewhat stuck behind Cardinal and Gasol at the 4. A lost of his minutes come at the 5, and he's only getting 25. If we want him the biggest obstacle might just be that some team with cap space will just sign him outright.
gunsnewing
USA
11/29/2004  12:53 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

It is because Magloire is a better fit. The numbers may be a bit of a wash but Magloire is a much better defender and has a nice mid range jumper.

True we could us his defense if it is decent but it won't make us a great team. Curry i think will. Either he is a complete bust or we will become a championship contender. There is no in between with Curry. At least we won't be mediocre like we are now. We're problably the 15th best team in the league right now behind all the teams in the West and some in the East lol
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/29/2004  1:17 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by gunsnewing:

True we could us his defense if it is decent but it won't make us a great team. Curry i think will. Either he is a complete bust or we will become a championship contender. There is no in between with Curry. At least we won't be mediocre like we are now. We're problably the 15th best team in the league right now behind all the teams in the West and some in the East lol
Magloire is young and I think much better with much more upside than you're giving him credit for.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/29/2004  1:18 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I would rather find a way to add Stro Swift than Eddie Curry. I think Swift is the kind of athletic shot changer that would be a perfect fit with Crawford and Marbury. I dont care that he's 6'9. Look at what Wilcox has done playing center for LAC.

I also think Swift is doable, especially if Nazr continues on his pace... he will finish averaging like 12/10 and his expiring and modest $6mm is perfect commodity for a S&T

He's averaging 12/9 right now, counting the first week when he was fasting and was awful. I could see him finishing with 15/10. He's been there ever since he stopped fasting.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/29/2004 13:19:40]
gunsnewing
USA
11/29/2004  1:29 PM
true centers will eat Nazr alive lol

they will hold Nazr to 2-6 and 2rebounds in 14minutes. Even if Nazr keeps this up it won't make up for the fact that our defense is atrocious. Magliore may help but he's injured now anyway
NYKBocker
USA
11/29/2004  1:40 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Maybe Antonio just does like him or vice versa? You cant just assume they will get a long and make the most of a situation. I'm not making excuses for Curry, but that is a bad situtation, and it seems like every players that leaves it thrives. Brad Miller, Artest (mental issues aside), Brand, Jamal, I'm sure I'm missing something. All these guys went to other teams and played better almost instantly.

Jamal has been very diplomatic since he's been here. No he wasnt labeled lazy, but he was certainly labeled selfish.

I don't want to harp on this but all the players you mentioned had a semblance of a work ethic even when they were in ChiTown.
fishmike
USA
11/29/2004  1:42 PM
At this point I am still trusting Isiah with young players. If he traded for Curry I would have some faith in him and his belief they could get Curry going. The thing that scares me is getting into a bidding wat against ourselves and having to pay Curry $10mm a year to be the next Tractor Trailer when he had one good half of ball in his contract year.

I would much rather invest in Swift, who plays his ass off every minute he's on the floor and has improved in each area every year. He's not a center like Camby wasnt a center but he's a PERFECT fit for the two guys you know arent going anywhere, and thats Marbury and Crawford.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/29/2004  1:46 PM
Now that is a problem that we will encounter with whomever that we bring in, especially: Curry, Chandler, Nene, Kwame, etc. those youngins have yet to prove that they have more than potentials

Posted by fishmike:

At this point I am still trusting Isiah with young players. If he traded for Curry I would have some faith in him and his belief they could get Curry going. The thing that scares me is getting into a bidding wat against ourselves and having to pay Curry $10mm a year to be the next Tractor Trailer when he had one good half of ball in his contract year.

I would much rather invest in Swift, who plays his ass off every minute he's on the floor and has improved in each area every year. He's not a center like Camby wasnt a center but he's a PERFECT fit for the two guys you know arent going anywhere, and thats Marbury and Crawford.
The true Knickabocker..........
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/29/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Swift would be good addition.A high energy player like that could do wonders for the team.
Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy