[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????
Author Thread
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
11/28/2004  5:49 PM
Well if that's the situation I wouldn't be surprised if Curry signed with the Knicks before the year is out. That kid is 21 years old and undoubtedly feels that Bulls management and a good amount of the Chicago public has very little confidence in his becoming a "Professional". Without question his only refuge this year has been his family. He lost a lot of weight which showed a pretty good amount of commitment to trying to rise to the challenge (slimfast or not) and he still got trashed. Every veteran besides Antonio Davis has been pretty much shipped out in not so glorious fashion. Can you imagine they used to dog JYD in Chicago. The thought is absurd as I don't see how anybody could not like that guys style of play (and yes I think he's worth every cent of his contract). Yes I could see Curry here sooner than later.

AUTOADVERT
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
11/28/2004  5:57 PM
Now of course the following is just me surmising (so please don't take it serious). But, I think Jamal and Eddy have been on the phone on a number occassions until the wee hours of the morning. Eddy has been keeping Jamal up to date on how the Bulls situation has completely deteriorated from last year (hard to imagine it getting much worse). Jamal has been informing Eddy how much better the atmosphere is with Isiah, Steph and the Knicks (in addition to relaying informal messages back and forth). Jamal's not a fool as in addition to wanting to help his friend he is also informally recruiting him. I frequent two other NBA sites and they call Jamal and Eddy Curry everything next to crap. These young men get called dumb, soft and unintelligent by posters frequently. They get treated like stepchildren in the Chicago press. These people make these comments without walking one step in these young fellas shoes. Twenty One folks, that's 21 years old. It sort of reminds me of the guy throwing the cup at Artest. He thought he could relate....until it got up close and personal.

Anyway, Isiah is like a Dean in a school with very few male teachers. When these "socalled knuckleheads" find a male adult that will treat them like men they become drawn to him. That's something the two Paxsons, Bird, Ainge and a number of other GM's are incapable of (course Paxson & Ainge were smart to bring in Doc and Silas respectfully....not talking about Paxson/Skiles). It would not shock me one bit if the Bulls washed their hands of Curry and he ended up in NYC....wouldn't shock me one bit. Now Isiah knows this and he's aware of Curry's feeling's so i'm guessing he's in no hurry to liquidate. Isiah is playing high stakes poker waiting game (when you know you've got all of the cards). A Curry, Mohammad, Sweetney, KT frontline sounds pretty nice....don't it No, wouldn't surprise me at'tall. Sorry about the long post folks.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/28/2004  7:27 PM
I'm not real high on Curry. Crawford established himself as a real player under the exact same circumstances in Chicago where Curry has done nothing but flounder. I would absolutely not trade Nazr for him. If we can swing something where he falls in our laps, fine. Otherwise I don't need another potential Olowakandi or Benoit Benjamin. I know a lot of guys strongly disagree but I'm really smelling loser and high-maintenance underachiever all over this guy.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/28/2004  7:49 PM
If we asked ourselves the same question about a trade but regarding Samuel Dalembert, what would be the answer? If he were avaliable at the trade deadline and Nazr kept playing at the level he is doing right now, what would you do? What would it take to trade for him if we had a chance?
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/29/2004  1:39 AM
I like dalembert he is athletic blocks shots and dunks but I don't know much about his offensive game. Right now, with Nazr developing the way he is we are looking real good. He is decveloping a nice low post/mid range shot game and is a beast on the boards. Sweets is seeing more limitied time because of how well he is playing and Vinny B is a ghost (and I am thankful for that).

If curry is available, you have to try though. He is a center with a real center's body. He could be a savage. He could dramatically change the makeup of our team. He could also dramaticalk=ly change our playoff picture. That has to be worth tthe risk. I like Nazr but he is replaceable. Ever since Shaq there have not been any centers in the league. We cannot pass on an oppurtunity like this. Even if he is a bust, as long as we don't give up too much, we still should be in a similar position to where we are now.

Not Nazr and Sweets though. Maybe Nazr and KT but we can't trade two young ones for him and garbage.
Ira
Member: #91
11/29/2004  4:23 AM
I'd just stay away from Curry. He's a soft big man. He doesn't work hard on the boards or on defense. He's a great talent, but he doesn't have the drive to fulfill that talent.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
11/29/2004  4:46 AM
if well coached, curry will improve.

Here is a young guy, playing in front of friends, in a team that had been headed nowhere over the past "x" yrs.

I can't believe you guys wouldn't try to have a shot at thim. I mean, he's what ? 6.11 ? has a lot of good post moves and is pretty athletic... he has load of potential, nazr has none. and as much as I love sweetney, last time i checked, finding a good center was 10 times harder tha finding a good PF.

you love how sweet improved ? just think about what aguirre could do with curry...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/29/2004  9:29 AM
You easily give up either Nazr and Sweets, or Kurt. That is a no brainer.

Bulls are really hurting now. Question is how can they best help themselves?

They have been rebuilding around Tyson-Chandler and now must come to a conclusion neither of them are excelling and likley must give up one of them.

If they do a KT for Curry, they could be in a bad press situation in 3 years when Curry is 24 and entering his prime, and KT is at the end of his career. KT can give them alot for the next few years.

Nazr is really just a Tier one journeyman backup. Better than most stiffs, but no more upside. Nice player.

Sweets is quite a question mark. lots of upside, big, still learning, etc. Kind of like Curry in a lot of ways, but with a few years at georgetown a more mature level headed kid with a good work ethic. If Bulls do a trade for him, it really does not make sense for them unless they think him and Chandler are their front line going forward.

Bulls need a quick fix. I say we give them KT and take on a contract for them. Its the knick way........
raven
Canada
11/29/2004  9:41 AM
getting curry for KT would be a very good trade from a knick point of view, as we get a center with a lot of potential.

thinking of the bulls, i'm starting to think that curry will never pan out in chicago, and that the more they'll wait, the more they'll loose. kind of lose-lose situation where they get flamed either curry doesn't improve and they keep him or they trade him and he's an all star.

either way, we don't care cause after all, the bulls suck !
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/29/2004  9:55 AM
The more news I hear about Curry,the less I want to see him in a Knicks uni.First was the lazyness,the underwhelming stats,now he gets kicked off the starting lineup.Dont believe he is worth trading valuable pieces that could land us someone more substantial.
raven
Canada
11/29/2004  9:58 AM
2 things.

1st : look at crawford and how he was labelled while in chicago. lesson here is you never look as bad as when you're are in a loosing environnement? chicago sucks and blame 100% of that on its players.

2nd point is : what would KT bring you which would be better than a 22 yrs old, 6-11 center ? please. KT is doing great but he can't bring us over the top. At least curry may. You have to take a chance on what could be while only trading something that surely can't be.
Kwazimodal
11/29/2004  10:05 AM
Crawford was known for having loads of talent but poor shot selection which was true.He wasnt known as being lazy.

You are assuming that we would only trade KT for a center,we have several expiring contracts coming up and Nazr's improvement makes him more valuable.

Just because a player is young doent mean he will amount to anything special.We have been hearing for the last 7+ years how TT is going to turn into a star at any minute.Look where that got us and the Bucks?
raven
Canada
11/29/2004  10:14 AM
honnestly speaking, I'm happy to see KT and nazr imrpove and play well.

Yet, KT will soon go downhill and though I4d be tremendously happy to keep him, he won't win us championships.

Nazr is a whole different story. Don't let him fool you. He's got heart and is hussling. But above all, he's feeding on marbury and crawford. but he has not a lot of talent, neither offensive nor defensive. he'll play well most of time, but will be destroyed when confronted to the best frontlines. the ones we'll have to meet in june, not the one we meet in november.

curry is at an alltime low, but he has proven that he had talent, which nazr is missing. we know that he has a great body, which nazr has not. now, i'm sure that IT and aguirre, and being surrounded by professionnal vets could help him pan out.

will he be the next ewing ? I have no idea. but he'll be better than nazr.
Kwazimodal
11/29/2004  10:30 AM
I understand your point,my feeling is that we can do better than Curry.Do I have a name right now of a free agent or draft pick we could aquire? Not offhand.

I do know that we dont need the next Ewing,or another all-star.With the exception of Shaq,this league moved away from a center oriented offense years ago.What we need is a hard working,consistent center that plays at both ends of the court.I dont believe Curry fits the bill.

He might change with IT and Aguire's help,it is possible but Id like to see if the Knicks can do better first.If he is available next season and is still a Bull he might be worth it but right now Id like to se the Knicks save as many trading chips as possible.

Who knows what kind of trade Isiah can pull of? He already improved our backcourt exponentially.
raven
Canada
11/29/2004  10:42 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I do know that we dont need the next Ewing,or another all-star.With the exception of Shaq,this league moved away from a center oriented offense years ago.

Sure, but it has never moved from post offense. MJ is the one who made it without interior presence (offensive i mean), but him and pip were good post players. post offense is what we need. curry will bring us that.
Posted by Kwazimodal:

He might change with IT and Aguire's help,it is possible but Id like to see if the Knicks can do better first.

Waiting for his value to rise so he becomes out of reach ? sometimes you have to take some risks. What if the bulls win 5 ou of the next 10 ? They're not under pressure anymore. Their "losing streak" since the beginning of the season is what may push them to a move they're not found of. Right now they couldn't refuse a good offer, and you have to give to get. We get sure thing, KT or nazr or "i don't care who" and we're rewarded with potential.
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Who knows what kind of trade Isiah can pull of? He already improved our backcourt exponentially.

slow down. IT, as much as i like what he brings in NY, is no miracle makers. it is known that he took the work done by layden to get marbury and paid high $$ while trading all of our expiring contracts to get crawford.

all those moves, (i do love them all), were bold and needed and currently are rewarding. But we luckily escaped a trip in texas by getting a win on a bank shot and have been dismanteled by toronto and boston, so please don't act as if everything was ok.

we're not there yet.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/29/2004  11:18 AM
I wouldn't trade Nazr for Curry just because you need to show loyalty to people. Nazr has worked hard and is clicking right now with Marbury. I would not trade KT straight up either. We need his post defense and mid-range junmpers to open the floor for Jamal and Steph. IF we do a trade with the Bulls I would suggest the following...

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 35.2 minutes)
SF Tim Thomas (8.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.5 apg in 24.8 minutes)

New York receives: C Eddy Curry (13.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.7 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (5.4 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 21.4 minutes)
Frank Williams (No games yet played in 2004/05)
Change in team outlook: -1.1 ppg, -3.5 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Chicago trades: C Eddy Curry (13.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.7 minutes)

Chicago receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 35.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, +3.5 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

We need a replacement for KT and Antonio has a shorter contract that would be perfect for when Sweetney takes the starting line-up next year.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/29/2004  11:23 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I wouldn't trade Nazr for Curry just because you need to show loyalty to people. Nazr has worked hard and is clicking right now with Marbury. I would not trade KT straight up either. We need his post defense and mid-range junmpers to open the floor for Jamal and Steph. IF we do a trade with the Bulls I would suggest the following...

New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 35.2 minutes)

New York receives: C Eddy Curry (13.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.1 ppg, -3.5 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Chicago trades: C Eddy Curry (13.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.7 minutes)

Chicago receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 35.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, +3.5 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

We need a replacement for KT and Antonio has a shorter contract that would be perfect for when Sweetney takes the starting line-up next year.

i'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but CHI wouldn't...they don't need a high-priced underachiever like TT when they already have 2 promising young SF's in Deng & Nocioni, unless you figured on using TT as a PF & KT as their C? that wouldn't make sense at all for them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2004  11:34 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

I wouldn't trade Nazr for Curry just because you need to show loyalty to people. Nazr has worked hard and is clicking right now with Marbury.

Yeah, but by this same logic, you wouldn't have trade Nazr for Doleac last year.

You ALWAYS trade players who you think are overachieving for players who have bigger upside. That's how you make a better team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
raven
Canada
11/29/2004  11:46 AM
I was hurt when we traded starks and oak.
nazr has only been part of the team for a bunch of months. it's not as if we drafted him...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2004  11:48 AM
Curry does scare me. I see a him and see Tractor Traylor with an extra 2 inches. Traylor is a good player, very talented, always has been. But he's happy being just good and also being fat. Nothing wrong with living an easy lifestyle and making 5-6 mill a year to play ball. I see to much of that in Curry. Maybe we can turn him around. Maybe not. I would much rather target a less talented player thats a better fit. Obviously Dalembert tops my wish list. Magloire is another option. If NO is terrible they might be interested in dumping money meaning you could get Magloire if your willing to take Mashburn's contract back.

I want a real defender and shotblocker for center. Someone that cant take the pressure off our guards and allow them to get up on their man.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Acquiring Curry outside the normal way????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy