[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the kandi man can..........................................
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
11/25/2004  8:58 PM
.....get his butt in the can: http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/5105321.html

Olowokandi arrested at Indianapolis bar
Jon KIrawczynski
Associated Press
Published November 26, 2004

INDIANAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves center Michael Olowokandi was arrested early Thursday after police used a stun gun to subdue him when he refused to leave a club.

Olowokandi, 29, was taken into custody about 3 a.m. after he refused to leave Tiki Bob's, said Indianapolis Police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Staletovich.

He was charged with disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing, both misdemeanors, Staletovich said.

The center was suspended by the team for Thursday night's game against the Indiana Pacers for ``conduct detrimental to the team,'' Timberwolves general manager Jim Stack said in a statement.

Olowokandi was held overnight in an Indianapolis jail and released Thursday afternoon.

Staletovich said the club's manager asked police, who were investigating another call, to help him get the 7-foot Olowokandi to leave. He refused, and police shocked him twice with a stun gun until he complied and then took him into custody.

``We are extremely disappointed in Michael Olowokandi's actions last night,'' Stack said. ``Regardless of how the incident escalated, he never should have been in that situation. The Minnesota Timberwolves do not condone this type of behavior or any actions that negatively impact our franchise.''

Olowokandi is averaging 5.3 points and 5.2 rebounds this season.

Timberwolves point guard Sam Cassell said the situation would not distract the team.

``Distractions only happen on the court,'' Cassell said. ``Michael's a human being. We support him. Let's not jump on him. Let's get all the facts first.''

Stack alluded to the Pacers' brawl with Detroit fans last week in chastising Olowokandi. Ron Artest was suspended for the season, Stephen Jackson for 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal for 25 games for fighting with Pistons fans who threw drinks, popcorn, a chair and other debris at them.

``The heightened sensitivity to these types of issues in the league today make his actions even more disappointing,'' Stack said.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
11/27/2004  12:42 PM
following the free-for-all at the palace and stern’s unpopular decision (except with corporate america)late night with kandi was bad timing.kandi’s suspension for a second game may be sending smoke signals to players for disciplinary action to be expected for trouble on or off the court. again, as I stated before during the palace free-for-all, the same applies to this recent action, these suspensions are excessive but may be the norm for all sports. check out this clip from usa today :

Olowokandi suspended for second game following arrestMINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Timberwolves center Michael Olowokandi was suspended by the team for a second game Friday night, one day after police used a stun gun to subdue him when he refused to leave a club. Olowokandi was not with the Timberwolves for their game against the Memphis Grizzlies, but will rejoin the team for Sunday's game at Sacramento.
"We are hopeful that Michael can put this incident behind him and look forward to him helping us on the court for the remainder of the season," said Kevin McHale, Minnesota's vice president of basketball operations. Olowokandi was taken into custody about 3 a.m. Thursday after he refused to leave an Indianapolis club, police said. He was charged with disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing, both misdemeanors. The center was suspended for Thursday night's game against the Indiana Pacers for "conduct detrimental to the team." Coach Flip Saunders talked about the episode before Friday's game, and addressed why the team does not have a curfew. "These are grown men," Saunders said. "You step in when you see its affecting your play or the organization."

Olowokandi is averaging 5.3 points and 5.2 rebounds.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
the kandi man can..........................................

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy