[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 5/8/24 8PM TNT] R2G2 Knicks vs Pacers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
5/8/2024  9:25 AM

AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
USA
5/8/2024  9:32 AM
Protect home court! Especially with Reggie Miller coming back! We need to defend a lot better - 117 points on over 50% shooting is way too much. Hope we don't lose anymore guys to injuries, rebound, cut down on the turnovers, make our FT's and we'll be fine. Keep it close and Brunson will take us home!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/8/2024  9:38 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Keep it close and Brunson will take us home!!
legit!

Wonder what the adjustments will be from Thibs. Somehow someway I feel like we need 30 minutes of McBride in this game. He's a volume impact guy. He just needs to be out there long enough and we'll see that opposing FG% start to drop and spell the starters as he's really the only guy off the bench with Precious for IHArt

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SergioNYK
USA
5/8/2024  9:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
legit!

Wonder what the adjustments will be from Thibs. Somehow someway I feel like we need 30 minutes of McBride in this game. He's a volume impact guy. He just needs to be out there long enough and we'll see that opposing FG% start to drop and spell the starters as he's really the only guy off the bench with Precious for IHArt

Tricky cause Deuce playing 30 minutes means Brunson is in foul trouble or DVo is playing like ****. I think 20-24 minutes is good for Deuce. Thibs has shown he will end the game with him if he's playing well too. Most importantly for Deuce tonight and going forward, defend and don't allow that little ewok McConnell to go off!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/8/2024  9:41 AM
I rewatched that Embiid leg grab...so ****ed up. Should have been a flagrant 2 with ejection. There was nothing basketball involved...pure malice. Fuck Embiid...lil bitch.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/8/2024  10:14 AM
Moonangie wrote:I rewatched that Embiid leg grab...so ****ed up. Should have been a flagrant 2 with ejection. There was nothing basketball involved...pure malice. Fuck Embiid...lil bitch.
I am not a doctor but that leg grab and pull down most likely started this ****. Kinda like a whiplash in that it got worse as the days goes on.
fishmike
USA
5/8/2024  10:21 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
fishmike wrote:
legit!

Tricky cause Deuce playing 30 minutes means Brunson is in foul trouble or DVo is playing like ****. I think 20-24 minutes is good for Deuce. Thibs has shown he will end the game with him if he's playing well too. Most importantly for Deuce tonight and going forward, defend and don't allow that little ewok McConnell to go off!

McBride can sub for Josh or OG as well... I mean he really has to. I think Josh can play 48 but OG I dont like that
DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/8/2024  10:22 AM
After watching Thibs change up his defensive schemes game to game last series to adjust to what was working with Philly, I expect our defense to shine tonight and to have some answers for the PnR and for McConnell.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

5/8/2024  10:29 AM
Man listening to espn radio these guys talking are so uneducated and just don’t know the Knicks, and it’s almost like there rooting for the pacers . They don’t know with precious we aren’t missing a beat from Mitch who was playing on one leg.

It’s like they were so anti Knicks they don’t know how to handle our change in culture.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

5/8/2024  10:32 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Moonangie wrote:I rewatched that Embiid leg grab...so ****ed up. Should have been a flagrant 2 with ejection. There was nothing basketball involved...pure malice. Fuck Embiid...lil bitch.
I am not a doctor but that leg grab and pull down most likely started this ****. Kinda like a whiplash in that it got worse as the days goes on.

There's no question about it...you can see an ankle roll in there.

fishmike
USA
5/8/2024  10:56 AM
DLeethal wrote:After watching Thibs change up his defensive schemes game to game last series to adjust to what was working with Philly, I expect our defense to shine tonight and to have some answers for the PnR and for McConnell.
Imagine how this squad looks with Josh coming off the bench. We really got something cooking here. Looking forward to see what Thibs comes up with as well.
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/8/2024  11:00 AM
that tweet by reggie is why i hate him and Richard Jefferson

Be a professional, stick to your job of broadcasting. Instead these guys think it's all about them -- they relish the role of being wrestling villain

next man up

(5)(5)
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

5/8/2024  11:03 AM
DLeethal wrote:After watching Thibs change up his defensive schemes game to game last series to adjust to what was working with Philly, I expect our defense to shine tonight and to have some answers for the PnR and for McConnell.

The answer for McConnell is for Halliburton to have the ball in his hands more. Halliburton is embarrassed about not stepping up the last game, he will take the ball. We are going to have to stop Halliburton

fishmike
USA
5/8/2024  11:34 AM
Chandler wrote:that tweet by reggie is why i hate him and Richard Jefferson

Be a professional, stick to your job of broadcasting. Instead these guys think it's all about them -- they relish the role of being wrestling villain

next man up

stinks of desperation to be relevant. Nobody cares about your careers. Try being good broadcasters instead of "personalities"
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
5/8/2024  11:44 AM
I feel for Thibs. He is in a tough spot, though I agree Deuce would do better with more time, there is just no room for him when the NOVA Knicks are playing so well. And he isn't subbing for OG or iHart, so that leaves just spot minutes to relieve JB or DDV. It is sad, but the only way he sees bigger minutes is if DDV is off and we don't want that. But Deuce defensive subs at crunch time if we have timeouts to get JB back in on offense, maybe. Just a tricky situation and Thibs is doing all he can to win with what is left and it ain't much.

In summary, all that is left is defensive sub time and to spell DDV or JB, Hart is not coming off the floor, and Deuce can't replace OG nor a center. Tough spot for all. But that goes for anyone on the bench other than Precious right now, doubt Sims is considered without team foul problems. Thibs overplaying in the regular season has them in optimal condition and we win games because of it in the playoffs. With more talent he could change that philosophy, but right now and for 2/3 of the season, that is all he has had.

Let's go Knicks.

fishmike wrote:
legit!

SergioNYK
USA
5/8/2024  12:01 PM
Reggie acts as if he is really going to fist fight with Starks! He didn't fight back then and he isn't going to fight now! Starks would kick his skinny ass anyway.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
5/8/2024  12:11 PM
Eh...Cheryl just playing to the crowd. Little bitch then little bitch now.
fishmike
USA
5/8/2024  12:24 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:I feel for Thibs. He is in a tough spot, though I agree Deuce would do better with more time, there is just no room for him when the NOVA Knicks are playing so well. And he isn't subbing for OG or iHart, so that leaves just spot minutes to relieve JB or DDV. It is sad, but the only way he sees bigger minutes is if DDV is off and we don't want that. But Deuce defensive subs at crunch time if we have timeouts to get JB back in on offense, maybe. Just a tricky situation and Thibs is doing all he can to win with what is left and it ain't much.

In summary, all that is left is defensive sub time and to spell DDV or JB, Hart is not coming off the floor, and Deuce can't replace OG nor a center. Tough spot for all. But that goes for anyone on the bench other than Precious right now, doubt Sims is considered without team foul problems. Thibs overplaying in the regular season has them in optimal condition and we win games because of it in the playoffs. With more talent he could change that philosophy, but right now and for 2/3 of the season, that is all he has had.

Let's go Knicks.

fishmike wrote:
legit!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202404040NYK.html

you play 3 guards and Josh. If there is a team in the playoffs we could do this against it's the Pacers.

Hey... Im surely not criticizing Thibs. There's not much to work with and he continues to add wrinkles and make adjustments that work.

Also remember Donte was not having a good series vs. Phili and finally had the big game 6. Did Thibs say ahead of time "bring it cause your playing 48"

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2024  12:29 PM
I bet they all hug it out and while they might have been hot in the moment, they all know its part of the game and laugh it off.
Reggie is promoting the broadcast. If you hating on the drama your taking the bait. Its all tongue and cheek!
These old warriors are all having fun and playing it up.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/8/2024  12:36 PM
Nalod wrote:I bet they all hug it out and while they might have been hot in the moment, they all know its part of the game and laugh it off.
Reggie is promoting the broadcast. If you hating on the drama your taking the bait. Its all tongue and cheek!
These old warriors are all having fun and playing it up.

Of course he is, Reggie has always been diplomatic coming back to the Garden, he's fair when analyzing the Knicks. He's playing the role tonight to generate some TNT buzz which is fine, it should be fun. It would be lame if he DIDN'T do that.

[GT 5/8/24 8PM TNT] R2G2 Knicks vs Pacers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy