[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 5/8/24 8PM TNT] R2G2 Knicks vs Pacers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/9/2024  8:45 AM
Chandler wrote:Pump the brakes on OG being out. Positive vibes only

Did anyone catch Reggie pre game saying Jalen flopped on the Turner screen. Sheesh. His team and he doesn’t even get the facts right on a pre-scripted gripe

Enough with the negativity

Yeah. I know its annoying but Reggie and Spike long have had fun with it and even exchanged gifts. The publicity did them both good.
As for the Turner screen, it was a foul. Question is do you call it and change the game? Refs react, don't always get to ponder the moment.
What made it necessary for them to call it was DDV was knocked down and took him out of the play. With hindsight one might suspect DDV sold it. I would not call it a flop. Now, if he sells it and no call he takes himself out of the play. Flopping has its downside! But he got the call.
The replays show it was a foul. To be fair, I get the argument that the refs were not liberal to let it slide. We got the win!

Home court advantage has its perks and knicks earned it.
I don't think the pushing by Josh is all that bad. Hali has a bad back, well not like Josh is throwing kidney punches on it. Maybe there is tape of Halliburton throwing some elbows and lets face it, if he hurt and can't hack it then sit the player!
The physicality Nesmith has on Brunson is pretty intense and they are working it also. Nesmith will get fouls, but he is pretty much TRYING to wear down Brunson. Might be working, Jalen left the game without an obvious contact to the right foot. The groin thing was unrelated.

TJ Mconnell does not play big minutes normally and his outside shot is not great. reasons why he was not in the game late. Players also get tired and perhaps he does not have a long motor? Indy has a set sub pattern and I suppose conviction in it over a long season.

Obi looking good on offense this series. Physically he looks less muscular then previous. They want him lean and quick?
Give Jakob Toppin some run with OG out? Just put him bro on bro? Be fun to watch. Effective? Can't say.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/9/2024  8:46 AM
yesterday was my birthday... I'm trying to decide if last night was a game to remember or one to forget. What a great win. I am so scared now for the rest of the playoffs because Thibs is going to start using a three man rotation, and get Josh Hart to play the 4 and the 5 at the same time and DDV to play the 2 and 3 at the same time....
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/9/2024  8:46 AM
Deuce is struggling vs McConnell defensively and thats why I think he cant get into games with his shooting. We need to give that a different look. See if Donte or Hart can take McConnell and put Deuce on Nembhard or Hali or Sheppard. Its wild to see him struggle on D since that is his calling card, but his chances are limited on offense if he cant help defensively
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
5/9/2024  8:49 AM
I thought Brunson "injury" was a nut shot and they were just calling it foot soreness because they didn't want to say he got punched on the balls.

For those that watched the Pelican/Laker game when Zion hurt his hamstring, this looked very similar. I'm hoping that it may just have been muscle spasms...maybe from dehydration? Anything other than that, I wouldn't expect OG back this series.

Nalod
USA
5/9/2024  8:54 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:1) OG was awesome. Hope the hammy is ok.
2) iHart with another iconic block to seal the deal.
3) Josh Hart is my kind of *******. He made Siakam his bitch.
4) Precious needs more playoff reps. I don’t get the criticisms. Maybe too many fouls but man he plays with effort. Respect.
5) Deuce needs some more minutes. He isn’t getting comfortable quickly and it’s showing up in his offensive decisions. It’s hard to take the Nova guys off the court but I think Deuce can deliver with a little more time.
6) Donte is a game changer when he gets hot.
7) Brunson is getting pushed and pulled all night without major complaint. Clutch leader in the playoffs. 4th quarter points leader. Boss.

Good point. Precious does better with more minutes? Seems he starts cold then gets the rhythm and the flow right. Just a fan observation.

Chandler, You might be right, If he was warned AND DDV sold it the ref was did what refs do.
I don't get annoyed by announcers anymore because they get **** wrong all the time. Even Clyde but he is family so who cares.
I hated Reggie back in the day but come to soften on him as I see his whole career win perspective, not just his villainous antics in the garden.
The "Malice in the Palace" documentary made me a bit sympathetic as he had stayed in indy and that year was it for them. His last chance to win. He had a brilliant career and that event just derailed them.

Also its been written that if Allan Houston does not sign as a 25 year old free agent from Detroit that the knick were ready to sign Reggie. Reggie wanted to play in NY. Instead he pledged his love for indy and the rest is what it is. But he wanted to be a knick and live in NYC.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/9/2024  8:56 AM
VDesai wrote:Can we talk about how good Donte has been this series - especially 2nd half of games. Philly I think schemed to take him away from his spots. As a result Josh had to hit shots (which he did). Indy doesnt seem to play with as much focus defensively and Josh has been able to draw attention with his drives. Donte has found spots and the right elbow and in the corner where he is pretty fire. Great efforts in these 2 games and usually his shooting isnt quite as good at home.

Past few seasons i did not trust julius or rj would hit their shots

Now i totally expect donte, Jalen, og’s shot to fall, and if the game is tight i add josh to that list who hit another clutch 3 yesterday

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/9/2024  9:01 AM
VDesai wrote:Deuce is struggling vs McConnell defensively and thats why I think he cant get into games with his shooting. We need to give that a different look. See if Donte or Hart can take McConnell and put Deuce on Nembhard or Hali or Sheppard. Its wild to see him struggle on D since that is his calling card, but his chances are limited on offense if he cant help defensively

His first real playoff experience. Must be biting on all the subtle fakes. TJ has come to play

I expect Deuce to have a big game soon. He is ready for this

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/9/2024  9:03 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I thought Brunson "injury" was a nut shot and they were just calling it foot soreness because they didn't want to say he got punched on the balls.

For those that watched the Pelican/Laker game when Zion hurt his hamstring, this looked very similar. I'm hoping that it may just have been muscle spasms...maybe from dehydration? Anything other than that, I wouldn't expect OG back this series.

Two separate things. It was his foot. Changed shoes etc

Og walked off so i am hopeful it was a cramp/dehydration related. He was going hard on O and D carrying the team

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
5/9/2024  9:06 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I thought Brunson "injury" was a nut shot and they were just calling it foot soreness because they didn't want to say he got punched on the balls.

I did think similar but he kept playing. Usually a nut shot puts you out then you ok. I think something happened and they X-rayed or would not be surprised if they have an MRI in the building and ran the foot thru it. Jalen ankles and feet have him hobbling here and there and if something just elevated they can't risk ruining him. Just my take.

The Zion play was kind of similar that both were playing great. OG was doing it on both ends. He is no Josh Hart. Few are.
Hammy tears can be nasty. Bad ones require surgery and where it happens matters. Used to kill careers if way high and near the hip. I had one like that it took months to get me back on the tennis court and I felt it for two years after. Like the Doc said, what degree the strain is and where it is matters. OG had stepped up and was having an great game on both ends!!!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/9/2024  9:10 AM
Chandler wrote:We’re coming back with or without Brunson, I can feel it in my bones
well done
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
5/9/2024  9:13 AM

Chandler wrote:
VDesai wrote:Can we talk about how good Donte has been this series - especially 2nd half of games. Philly I think schemed to take him away from his spots. As a result Josh had to hit shots (which he did). Indy doesnt seem to play with as much focus defensively and Josh has been able to draw attention with his drives. Donte has found spots and the right elbow and in the corner where he is pretty fire. Great efforts in these 2 games and usually his shooting isnt quite as good at home.

Past few seasons i did not trust julius or rj would hit their shots

Now i totally expect donte, Jalen, og’s shot to fall, and if the game is tight i add josh to that list who hit another clutch 3 yesterday

These guys have had moments and in the playoffs its noted. Good point.
Randle has had some nice clutch shots were he carries the team. What I saw in January was Randle was moving the ball much faster. They were just getting the "feel" for each other. OG in the corner was more predictable then RJ. DDV vs Grimes outside shooting really opened it up. If Jules was feeling it he too was deadly from the 3.

Josh last year really shot it well and this year its been less consistent over the longer sample. He had some open looks yesterday but passed it out. When the clock is down he takes it. He is clutch, so we have some "moments" to relish.
DDV had it going and he knew to feed him.

At the same time Precious who used to shoot the 3 in Toronto was left alone a few times and he did not even think it.

fishmike
USA
5/9/2024  9:17 AM
VDesai wrote:Pacers have to be demoralized in a game where they shoot 55 pct, Brunson misses a quarter, OG misses a quarter, Hali scores 30, Obi scores 20, they are up 10 at the half and lose.

Tell me how this team does it. They are incredible.

great post... it's really hard to respect the Pacers. Just zero killer instinct. Look at how tough the Knicks were on the road in Phili (I know their homecourt is trash). You just see none of that from the Pacers.

I REALLY want to win this series. I think somehow making the ECF with what's left of this squad is a great season. We have learned so much. Brunson a true 1a and closer. Josh and Donte are legit big game players. OG is a phucking menace... We have a friendly roster, extra pics and only 1 guy (IHart) in danger of not coming back.

I see us reloading w/ Randle and maybe a high end bench guy if they go a different direction w/ Bogs (I did like how he was looking and his expiring is worth keeping around). Looking more and more like we have a bigtime squad brewing here

Nalod
USA
5/9/2024  9:20 AM
Chandler wrote:
VDesai wrote:Deuce is struggling vs McConnell defensively and thats why I think he cant get into games with his shooting. We need to give that a different look. See if Donte or Hart can take McConnell and put Deuce on Nembhard or Hali or Sheppard. Its wild to see him struggle on D since that is his calling card, but his chances are limited on offense if he cant help defensively

His first real playoff experience. Must be biting on all the subtle fakes. TJ has come to play

I expect Deuce to have a big game soon. He is ready for this

Looked like TJ was yapping to someone in the crowd at some point. Two dudes were kind of laughing and two honey's in front of them were enjoying it. I think TJ might have been putting them in their place and they were cool with it? I could not see his face but no security was involved and the dudes were not animated or appear to be dumbasses.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/9/2024  9:25 AM
I liked what I saw from Precious yesterday. Had some big dunks and played good D down the stretch. With Brunson and DDV you can get away with having him, Hart, and iHart out there. Barely, but I think you can get away with it enough to win some games against these guys because Precious does match up very well with Siakam on D and then we dominate the boards like we did in the 2nd half.
VDesai
USA
5/9/2024  9:25 AM
fishmike wrote:
VDesai wrote:Pacers have to be demoralized in a game where they shoot 55 pct, Brunson misses a quarter, OG misses a quarter, Hali scores 30, Obi scores 20, they are up 10 at the half and lose.

great post... it's really hard to respect the Pacers. Just zero killer instinct. Look at how tough the Knicks were on the road in Phili (I know their homecourt is trash). You just see none of that from the Pacers.

I REALLY want to win this series. I think somehow making the ECF with what's left of this squad is a great season. We have learned so much. Brunson a true 1a and closer. Josh and Donte are legit big game players. OG is a phucking menace... We have a friendly roster, extra pics and only 1 guy (IHart) in danger of not coming back.

I see us reloading w/ Randle and maybe a high end bench guy if they go a different direction w/ Bogs (I did like how he was looking and his expiring is worth keeping around). Looking more and more like we have a bigtime squad brewing here

I think you gotta roll it back, because what piece fits better than Randle. A more mobile 4 who can stretch the floor and guard multiple positions defensively? I mean who is that person?

Randle gives the team another look. If the rest of the group wears you out, he beats you up. He is Brandon Jacobs. But he is underrated as a shot creator both for himself and others and he is a beast on the defensive glass.

I love Bogs off the bench because he can give you shooting and scoring on nights when others don't have it. I think he was starting to understand the scheme defensively. He is playoff tested and has been an 18-20 pt scorer on contenders. He is a real piece.

We have 2 drafts picks and Rokas. Keep Hartenstein and draft a replacement for Precious if there is no way to re-sign him.

DLeethal

5/9/2024  9:27 AM
fishmike wrote:

Agreed. In this era of parity this team can win it all just fully healthy with Randle and some better depth using our picks. Another banger of a MLE signing. Why can't we be as good as Minnesota? We can. Brunson is proving he can be the best player in the entire NBA for a playoff run.

DLeethal

5/9/2024  9:28 AM
VDesai wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think you gotta roll it back, because what piece fits better than Randle. A more mobile 4 who can stretch the floor and guard multiple positions defensively? I mean who is that person?

Randle gives the team another look. If the rest of the group wears you out, he beats you up. He is Brandon Jacobs. But he is underrated as a shot creator both for himself and others and he is a beast on the defensive glass.

I love Bogs off the bench because he can give you shooting and scoring on nights when others don't have it. I think he was starting to understand the scheme defensively. He is playoff tested and has been an 18-20 pt scorer on contenders. He is a real piece.

We have 2 drafts picks and Rokas. Keep Hartenstein and draft a replacement for Precious if there is no way to re-sign him.

I think if we didn't have the 14-1 stretch with Randle healthy there would be more doubt, but we showed we have another level to play with him and that the pieces all fit brilliantly with him in tow. I'm glad we got that stretch of play because if not, I think everyone would be talking about us being better without him.

VDesai
USA
5/9/2024  9:33 AM
Btw I don't know how bad you can look in 40 seconds of game time, but I think Burks may have showed us.

We signed Milton and never gave him a "shake." Now we may need him and don't know how he would fit.

fishmike
USA
5/9/2024  9:35 AM
DLeethal wrote:
VDesai wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think if we didn't have the 14-1 stretch with Randle healthy there would be more doubt, but we showed we have another level to play with him and that the pieces all fit brilliantly with him in tow. I'm glad we got that stretch of play because if not, I think everyone would be talking about us being better without him.

totally agree.. we have surely seen players elevate and grow in his absence which is great and NOT the same as being better without him. Most of all the thing w/ Randle/OG/DD/Brunson/Hart is they all want to WIN first and everything else is 2nd. There's no egos to stroke there. They all push each other to be better and accountable
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/9/2024  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2024  9:39 AM
I think one promising thing about Randle was he was developing a nice two man game with Brunson where he rolled and attacked to the basket. his 3pt attempts were at their lowest since his 1st year here.

There was a point in time where we probably needed Randle to shoot a ton of 3's. But in truth he's probably best as a finisher and we were seeing that for a bit. We have enough shooting and spacing on this team now where Randle can probably play the finisher role more and just be an efficient 20+ scorer/rebounder.

so are we better without Randle? IDK, but he's a damn good piece and he has 2 years left on his deal. I think if anything we are in a better position now where we won't have to throw a bad contract at him when he's 32/33. We can just move on if need be in 2 years.

Next year just run it back with Rokas and some cheap young draft talent.

a full year of OG, Bogs + the new Deuce and this team should win 60 ish games.

[GT 5/8/24 8PM TNT] R2G2 Knicks vs Pacers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy