[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Crawford HAS to do more driving passing and rebounding
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2004  8:24 PM
he relies on the jumper so much and he is very spotty with it. you r just not going to be consistent taking fallaway 20 footers.

we need more effeciency out of jamal. hes got to cut down on the jumpers and also move into a mid arnge game at times. if he is taking 15 shots

6 should be drives
4 mid range
5 3s or long shots

he also has to be responsible for moving the ball to inside players more and getting up on both boards.

having him take 10+ 20 footers isnt going to help us win games
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
11/25/2004  8:54 PM
Your absolutely right, all I see him do is drive or hoist 3 pointers.

But I'm sure he'll start taking more mid-range shots, he already seems more concentrated and careful then he was in Chicago and it's only been 11 games.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/25/2004  10:02 PM
i think he will once h20 comes back and he goes into combo guard mode with the ball in his hands more often.
Clean
Member: #743
11/25/2004  10:24 PM
I agree with Dj with this team as it is without houston he assumes the shooters role on the team. He is obviously the best shooter we have till houston gets back, no matter how streaky he may be. When houston comes back that will change and he should drive much more. Right now we have no pure shooters so if he was to start forcing the ball to the basket he will pick up charges like he has been a couple times already.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/25/2004  10:55 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think he will once h20 comes back and he goes into combo guard mode with the ball in his hands more often.
i hope that's the right excuse. he's never really played w/houston, so how can you say that? if he comes on to a team and is already taking too many 3's and long j's, he's not going to stop just because allan's back. he needs to get himself in playing mode now. the game we all know he has, he needs to play now. inside/outside. break'm down.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/26/2004  2:26 AM
I've grown to like Crawford, just by the way he carries himself and all, but, in terms of his shot selection, he drives me insane. 60- 70% of his shots are BAD shots. Briggs is right, that he really needs to take it to the basket more, b/c it will open up not only his jumper, but his teammates as well. We gotto remain patient with him, in terms of this, but, at the same time, it is imperitive that he learns better shot selection.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/26/2004  8:28 AM
Come on, I mean, you can't dictate Crawford's shots. As long as he isn't taking a bad shot early in the shot clock, then I'm fine with what ever. If his shot is there, take it, if it's not, and he has time, pass.

I would like him to drive more, with his ball handling, but as long as he can put the ball in the hole, go for it.
His shot decision is just part of the game he is still learning. It will come to him.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/26/2004 08:31:08]
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/26/2004  8:35 AM
I love Crawford. My only problem with him is he picks the ball up too early when he drives to the basket. That'll cause him to get those charges called against him. He should wait a little bit before he picks the ball up and he will more than likely go to the free throw line.

Crawford needs a good hop step -aka- the worst non-call made in the NBA.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/26/2004  9:22 AM
he will get tortured inside if he drives consistently. That the reason he doesn't I think. I don't know how Iverson does it?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/26/2004  9:53 AM
in fairness your catching him off his worse game as a Knick. He's had some good games rebounding the ball and distributing. I think last week he had 5 boards twice and 8 assists one night and 5 another.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/26/2004  11:09 AM
Posted by Bizzy211:

I love Crawford. My only problem with him is he picks the ball up too early when he drives to the basket. That'll cause him to get those charges called against him. He should wait a little bit before he picks the ball up and he will more than likely go to the free throw line.

A hop (or jump stop) is considered one step. It's not the worst non-call. It's the correct non-call.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/26/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Come on, I mean, you can't dictate Crawford's shots. As long as he isn't taking a bad shot early in the shot clock, then I'm fine with what ever. If his shot is there, take it, if it's not, and he has time, pass.

I would like him to drive more, with his ball handling, but as long as he can put the ball in the hole, go for it.
His shot decision is just part of the game he is still learning. It will come to him.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/26/2004 08:31:08]

No, I think a thinking player can dictate how he plays the game. its just not good enough to take deep shots. you have to be assertive and make plays--not when they just present themselves, but actually make a play. poor shot selection [this is what i am talking about] will lead to inconsistency. and lets be fair crawford for HIS whole career including the Knicks has been consistently inconsistent. He needs to balance his game by being assertive in his approach. go to the rack make things happen this breaks down the D and opens up opportunities for others. you get in better position to rebound and pass. if you sit on the perimeter almost exclusively, your game and the team will suffer.

You cant have a @G shoot under 40% and the way he plays, he will be in the mid 30s soon.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/26/2004  11:36 AM
what he needs is a real midrange game. He should look at what Rip Hamilton does (BRIGG's alter ego). I think watching Houston will also benfit him, and so wil fewer minutes. This will allow Lenny to keep him on a shorter lease. The kid is obviously coachable and has a good attitude. He needs to make adjustments. With his handle he can reallty create space and there is no reason he cant thrive in the midrange.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/26/2004  11:44 AM
No, I think a thinking player can dictate how he plays the game.

I agree with you on that, but just to clear it up, when I said "you can't dictate Crawford's shots", I didn't mean Crawford can't, I meant you, as a fan, can't. If that was the case, TT would never take a shot at the Garden again, unless he was in an away jersey ofcourse.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/26/2004  12:32 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bizzy211:

A hop (or jump stop) is considered one step. It's not the worst non-call. It's the correct non-call.
A hop step is a travel. You are not allowed to leave the floor and notr go up for a shot. I don't know why it isn't called in the NBA and I have a good point in making this argument.

You must agree that if a player leaves the floor with both feet and doesn't shoot the ball, then he is traveling. If not, I would love to hear your argument as to why.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/26/2004  12:36 PM
If you watch crawford, he is like a lot of good scorers, including vince carter, they usually can score wherever they get the ball, and sometimes that is bad, but that game VS cleveland when he hit 4 clutch shots in a rown, they were some, fadeaways and they were all net... for guys like crawford, tough shots are just as makeable as what we like to think are "good shots"...

I would like to see him drive more, because he can get anywhere he wants with that handle of his, but so far I do see some restraint in his shot selection and as mentioned he is willing to learn...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
metra
Member: #473
11/26/2004  12:51 PM
Craw's gotta draw fouls. For someone with so much driving/scoring/ball handling ability, he barely gets any fouls! He's a good FT shooter and im surprised he isnt getting fouled more. If he learned how to, he would increase his PPG by at least 4.
Crawford HAS to do more driving passing and rebounding

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy