[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

5/3/2024  1:24 AM
VDesai wrote:Everyone was saying maybe Donte shouldnt start and then he plays all 48 mins and Maxey has his worst game this series

I was dead wrong on that. I’m more than fine admitting that.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Member: #9126

5/3/2024  1:25 AM
Turner scares me more than anyone. Hate going against stretch 5s. I feel OG can wreak havoc next series on Siakam and even Halliburton. Philly kind of wasted his talents on their bum wings.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

5/3/2024  1:28 AM
Will Haliburton bring his black leather trench ???
Clean
Member: #743
5/3/2024  1:43 AM
Clean wrote:

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

5/3/2024  2:29 AM
ToddTT wrote:Oh yes, these will do.

I would rather have Ben Simmons than Tobias Harris

This should be going to a thrilling Game 7. I’m still not over that ref robbery in Game 2. Fuck.

Two happiest days in my life will be when I finally have my own child and when Tobias get tf off this team

knicks players and fans are the most insufferable obnoxious ****s i’ve ever seen. can’t wait for the pacers to curb stomp that entire ****ing city. ****ing sore winners and sore losers. **** all of them. completely undeserved series victory

I’m in disbelief three trash ass franchises like the thunder, knicks, and timberwolves have a better chance at winning a ring than we do in a decade

Fucking absurd. What an absolute joke. Maybe get a single offensive rebound..... My GOD.

Remember when anunoby missed that uncontested dunk? Thay was awesome.

All because of a Josh hart three. Fuck my life man

I hate that ginger ****

Reading these brings me a lot of joy.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

5/3/2024  4:01 AM
Knicks showed a lot of mental toughness over the course of the series. ESPN analytics had the 76ers favored in every game of the series. Before Embiid went down earlier this season, they were statistically the second best team in the league. Arguably ql, the playoff squad was even better after adding Hield mid season.

Knicks won because of good coaching and mental toughness. I thought the Josh Hart 3 at the end was aperfect illustration..Brunson passed out of the double, Hart's faked pass to DDV got him daylight, and then he calmly took and made the open shot. The ensuing scrambles to take time off and make free throws were further evidence. The pass to Josh Hart under the basket was dangerous, but ended up with a big payoff because it took more time off the clock.

I think we can be pretty confident that the failure to advance despite Embiid being eventually at full strength means we have likely seen the end of the Tobias Harris 76ers. For as much hoopla as going into free agency gets, it likely means a thinner team going forward. It won't be easy to replace Batum, Oubre, Hield, Reed, Harris, Payne, and Lowry. At least some of those guys will be angling for MLE salaries on other teams.76ers will likely end a max contract guy but struggle with depth. That means that outside of Boston and Milwaukee, Knicks will be right at the top of the East.

Finally, kudos to Thibs for playing the foul game at the end of regulation. Knicks really struggled inbounding vs. pressure in game 82 vs. Chicago but had no issues in the playoffs. Thibs has shown he can adapt and adjust.

Great series, great team win.

Clean
5/3/2024  5:00 AM
Clean
5/3/2024  5:38 AM
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
5/3/2024  6:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2024  6:55 AM
Yes. And now our second round opponent is who folks were calling us to tank for in the first round.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/3/2024  7:11 AM
So where are the guys who said we should tank from 2?

Thibs knows what he’s doing

Precious is not in the dog house. Thibs will use him when he thinks situation is right. Would i have played Precious. Absolutely. But if i was calling the shots we’d have 30 wins

(5)(5)
MaTT4281
USA
5/3/2024  7:28 AM
Clean wrote:
Clean wrote:

This is why we talk about post-season experience.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/3/2024  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2024  7:38 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
VDesai wrote:Everyone was saying maybe Donte shouldnt start and then he plays all 48 mins and Maxey has his worst game this series

Define everyone ...

More that it was a common point of discussion on the game thread. I think the fact that he would had a big game shooting the ball wasn't a surprise, bur going 48 and shutting down Maxey is not something most were predicting. What an amazing effort on his part!

MaTT4281
USA
5/3/2024  7:31 AM
MaTT4281
USA
5/3/2024  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2024  7:34 AM
VDesai wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Define everyone ...

More that it was a common point of discussion on the game thread. I think the fact that he would had a big game shooting the ball wasn't a surprise, bur going 48 and shutting down Maxey is not something most were predicted. What an amazing effort on his part!

Coincidentally that's exactly why people were calling for Deuce (myself included). Great game from Donte. That's huge going into round 2.

And can we give him props on knocking down those two CLUTCH FTs when we just watched OG and Brunson both miss with the stretch?

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/3/2024  7:40 AM
man we were up 109-101 and then we started missing FT's again, OG missed a dunk... PHI came back and tied it at 111 and I just couldn't take another choke job.

So glad we were able to pull it out, Jhart, these guys are just winners. I was worried about what we gave up in the OG trade, but OG aside, Jhart and Deuce help us win more than RJ & IQ did. and that's pretty incredible.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

5/3/2024  7:43 AM
Chandler wrote:So where are the guys who said we should tank from 2?

Precious is not in the dog house. Thibs will use him when he thinks situation is right. Would i have played Precious. Absolutely. But if i was calling the shots we’d have 30 wins

this was a grueling series and we were very close to losing G2 and last night, series could have easily gone either way, especially if Embiid was a bit healthier.

Playing BOS in the 2nd round with KP out would have been a great opportunity.

IND got a cakewalk of a series by being 6th.

not sure why you keep harping on it though, this is where we are now and no one's complaining about reg season stuff anymore.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/3/2024  7:47 AM
nycericanguy wrote:man we were up 109-101 and then we started missing FT's again, OG missed a dunk... PHI came back and tied it at 111 and I just couldn't take another choke job.

So glad we were able to pull it out, Jhart, these guys are just winners. I was worried about what we gave up in the OG trade, but OG aside, Jhart and Deuce help us win more than RJ & IQ did. and that's pretty incredible.

We missed FT, but some credit to Philly. These last two games they would not quit till the buzzer. These Knicks dont either. They never get down on themselves. I think a lot of credit to Brunson as an individual leader setting the tone for these guys.

Chandler

5/3/2024  8:02 AM
nycericanguy wrote:

this was a grueling series and we were very close to losing G2 and last night, series could have easily gone either way, especially if Embiid was a bit healthier.

not sure why you keep harping on it though, this is where we are now and no one's complaining about reg season stuff anymore.

Im not harping but i do find these double down responses amusing

Yes let’s tank so we could play Boston in the second round (crystal ball says KP will get hurt in first round)

Dumb idea to hope that Orlando (who has played celts tough all year) or Clevland will either beat Celts or wear them down.

And if we’re going to talk about harping, look at your own post where you’re still worrying/questioning OG trade

Just admit you flubbed

(5)(5)
Chandler

5/3/2024  8:05 AM
VDesai wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:man we were up 109-101 and then we started missing FT's again, OG missed a dunk... PHI came back and tied it at 111 and I just couldn't take another choke job.

We missed FT, but some credit to Philly. These last two games they would not quit till the buzzer. These Knicks dont either. They never get down on themselves. I think a lot of credit to Brunson as an individual leader setting the tone for these guys.

Yes credit to Philly. They could’ve folded a few times but kept swinging

Still hate Nurse’s whining

Embiid can start enjoying his Shirley temples (his favorite drink or at least use to be)

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

5/3/2024  8:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/3/2024  8:14 AM
Chandler wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

Im not harping but i do find these double down responses amusing

Yes let’s tank so we could play Boston in the second round (crystal ball says KP will get hurt in first round)

Dumb idea to hope that Orlando (who has played celts tough all year) or Clevland will either beat Celts or wear them down.

And if we’re going to talk about harping, look at your own post where you’re still worrying/questioning OG trade

Just admit you flubbed

Any suggestion to tank and give up home court advantage in an NBA series is shortsighted.
We now have the team some wanted to tank for. Going to be a tough series and home court will help.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
[GT 5/2/24 9PM TNT/MSG] R1G6 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 3-2)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy