[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/28/24 1PM ABC] R1G4 Knicks @ Sixers (NYK 2-1)
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/29/2024  2:05 PM
DLeethal wrote:I'm not dogging iHart either, Embiid is an MVP caliber player. Sometimes the best defensive weapons are the unconventional ones. Meaning Embiid can toy with most big Cs. Put someone on him that will throw him for a loop instead ala the "We Believe" Warriors against MVP Dirk many years ago.

Our small ball line up seemed to speed them up and throw them out of rhythm. I wouldn’t start with it but it is very effective. They were trying to scheme open looks and we shut that **** down.

AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/29/2024  2:12 PM
Hield didn't even get in the game. Tobias invisible in the 2nd half. Oubre had some moments, but he was invisible down the stretch. Philly has a lot of secondary scorers or guys who have put up 20+ppg in other situations and they can't seem to make an impression. Its not easy fitting parts around 2 great/ball dominant scorers. Can't just throw another 20 pt scorer in it and think they are gonna produce the same way. Harden leaving freed Maxey, etc.

Nurse relying on Lowry - I guess Lowry is his "Taj." Though Thibs not throwing a Taj type 30 mins in playoff games. Sixers are struggling to get points and Embiid can't / won't attack the paint against a small Knicks team. You would think they could scheme Harris some more post ups. He was a pretty decent post up player early in his career, but they just don't know how to use the guy, or the guy just doesn't have it mentally to assert himself.

Rookie

4/29/2024  2:29 PM
Remember how fast Philly phans turned on Simmons? They turning on their entire trash team now. It’s going to get brutal when they’re eliminated yet again.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2024  2:48 PM
Do not trade Randle!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2024  2:51 PM
Fierce

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/29/2024  2:52 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
technomaster wrote:This is a seriously deep Knicks team. It's like a player is forced to leave the game due to foul trouble or injury, and the Knicks just get even better. That's gotta piss off the Sixers.

Our two 7 ft centers were out of the game against a taller team with their MVP-level center - no prob, we proceed to out-hustle and out-rebound them the rest of the way.

The brand of defense this team plays is really different from the Patrick Ewing Knicks - those Knicks dominated with size, muscle, and toughness. These Knicks are so quick - we're a little undersized but we have tough guys that play larger than their heights.

Modern 90’s defense.

Knicks did it, and Brunson isn’t a weak link IMHO, not stout but not weak link either.

And it’ll be even badder next year

Brunson has been a huge positive surprise on defense. I think he's good. Has some obvious limitations but a legit asset. Makes tons of plays, is very strong and physical, plays his role perfectly on switches and challenging jumpers. Legit part of an elite team defense.

it's gonna be an interesting offseason. Starting to think we lose IHart. It's gonna take his wife saying "Im not going to OKC" to stop it cause I think they offer him a good bag and my god he would be a crazy good fit.

So for us I think it's something like Mitch/Precious and we make a move for someone. I like Naz Reid. He's 24 and could be a great fit under Thibs as a 3&D big with some other skills. Minn is going to be an apron team so something Burk's expiring (can we still do that around the draft?) and say pick 25 and 36 (we keep and draft someone w/ 24)

Wow... our squad
Brunson/DD/OG/Jules/Mitch
bench: McBride/Josh/Bojan/Precious/Reid
end of bench: Rokas? Drafted player at 24, Jericho under contract at $2mm ish

That's looking really phucking nasty

The odds of losing iHart are extremely slim IMO. Mitch and his non stop injuries cannot be relied upon, Knicks will make iHart top priority. I think our odds of keeping Mitch/iHart tandem together are high, given Mitch's injuries he probably has more of a willingness to come off the bench. I think both guys probably have come to the realization that they are 25mpg guys and not 35mpg guys. Both have stated that their platoon is the best tandem in the league. I think they want to keep it together. No one will trust Mitch to be full time C with his injuries. He needs to be part of a platoon.

Agree on I-Hart > vs Mitch but our issue is we can only pay him a certain amount where another team with space might blow our max allowable offer out of water.

Will I-Hart leave for bigger deal? I don’t think so - especially if he ends playoffs playing good.

LivingLegend

4/29/2024  2:57 PM
martin wrote:He is our Precious

My man 🥰

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
4/29/2024  4:59 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2024  5:11 PM
He's a pleasant fellow to watch a game with?
This a thing? Watch a game with some dude who is like ones loser cousin?
LivingLegend

4/29/2024  5:51 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:gonna throw this out there too, PHO got swept, they need depth and picks. They probably dont want to move Booker. But KD? he'll be 36 next season, could def see them moving him. Would Randle, Mitch and a couple of picks do it? I can see that making sense for both teams and as much as i dont like KD that would be hard to turn down.

Believe it or not I was looking at that exact trade on trade machine this AM also looked at a version with Bogey going.

KD would fit very nicely here because he is a knock down shooter, EFFECIENT, smart and still defends his position at a high level.

I think KD has 2 years left so we'd have a +$50M/$60M expiring in 2 years -- flexibility.

NY would provide KD a leader (Brunson) a PG (Brunson) and a bunch of rabid dogs to do all the little things.

I like the idea but guess KD would have to force that.

LivingLegend

4/29/2024  5:54 PM
VDesai wrote:I don't think iHart is getting roasted by Embiid at all.

Embiid is shooting 7.5 3s per game (he usually only takes 3.5) and he's averaging 14.8(!) FT attempts per game when he even only gets 11.6. How does a player get more whistles when they play further away from the basket?

Meanwhile Jalen is averaging 28 drives per game and gets 9.5 FT attempts? That means <5 of those 28 drives result in "sufficient" contact? Give me a break.

The corruption in NBA officiating is scary.

Refs are ridiculous with Embid but I-Hart hasn't had a clue/plan the last 2 games. You could see his teammates telling him to keep his hands out but he kept reaching and he did a piss poor job fighting Embid for position pre receiving the ball.

LivingLegend

4/29/2024  5:55 PM
martin wrote:Do not trade Randle!

Luke warm smile.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/29/2024  7:59 PM
VDesai wrote:Hield didn't even get in the game. Tobias invisible in the 2nd half. Oubre had some moments, but he was invisible down the stretch. Philly has a lot of secondary scorers or guys who have put up 20+ppg in other situations and they can't seem to make an impression. Its not easy fitting parts around 2 great/ball dominant scorers. Can't just throw another 20 pt scorer in it and think they are gonna produce the same way. Harden leaving freed Maxey, etc.

Nurse relying on Lowry - I guess Lowry is his "Taj." Though Thibs not throwing a Taj type 30 mins in playoff games. Sixers are struggling to get points and Embiid can't / won't attack the paint against a small Knicks team. You would think they could scheme Harris some more post ups. He was a pretty decent post up player early in his career, but they just don't know how to use the guy, or the guy just doesn't have it mentally to assert himself.

Yep, scorers are probably the hardest to blend. I’d rather just get a bunch of dogs and let ‘em figure it out like we have here.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/29/2024  8:08 PM
From what I remember with Burks his first time here, he was best when the ball was in his hands. Now he was having difficulty being an off ball player with Brunson. He is also having problems with his defensive rotations. Bogs understands the assignment and was adequate defensively. Burks looked liked he was lost half of the time.
Rookie

4/29/2024  8:15 PM
Was reading some Sixers fan comments. They all think it’s over. They also think that other than Embiid who is always injured in the playoffs and Maxey, the rest of their team ain’t that good
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/29/2024  8:34 PM
Rookie wrote:Was reading some Sixers fan comments. They all think it’s over. They also think that other than Embiid who is always injured in the playoffs and Maxey, the rest of their team ain’t that good

Fans love to hate.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/29/2024  8:45 PM
Rookie wrote:Was reading some Sixers fan comments. They all think it’s over. They also think that other than Embiid who is always injured in the playoffs and Maxey, the rest of their team ain’t that good

They need more Josh Hart’s and OG Anunoby’s and Deuce McBride’s

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/29/2024  9:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2024  9:06 PM
Watch the " Locked on 76 ers " today. Oh what a joy.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/29/2024  9:15 PM
Next game Burks plays a few minutes or Shake. They will need one of them going forward. Bogs might be out for awhile so watch Burks or Milton come up big and deflate Sixers even more
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/29/2024  9:33 PM

Their fans have given up on Reddit, but fans don’t play the games.

I hope we can close this out next game. It’s been a highly contested series so far - the Knicks have taken a pounding from Embiid (He’s running over everyone) and can use some recovery time.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
[GT 4/28/24 1PM ABC] R1G4 Knicks @ Sixers (NYK 2-1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy