[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/28/2024  7:12 AM
Ugh, I might try and watch this game today. I know we lose but I’m just curious to see how the refs impacted the game. I saw some comments by Oak. It’s not today’s NBA but I would like to see some physical play on Embid. Refs are going to give him the whistles anyway. What was up with all the scratches on iHaet?
AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/28/2024  8:09 AM
PresIke wrote:The series is very entertaining and that this is a first round series is almost hard to believe it feels like a battle for life and death, and I can't recall any first round series this intense in all of my years of watching the NBA, except the Knicks to Miami decades ago.

I wonder how one of those went for us?

The northeast coast of the US can be a cesspool of vitriolic over the line fandom.

They literally made a movie about it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228953/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_big%2520fan

I admit as fans of the New York Knicks we ourselves have had this happen within our own fan base on this forum expressed in various forms at times leading to certain members leaving the forum entirely or having de facto Civil War on here for years i.e. the lovers and haters debate that lasted only until people couldn't take it anymore or as we know with our good old friend, DJ Su abandoned the team entirely.

In fact, I find it interesting that I've noticed a lot of fans older than millennials, but not as old as those who remember the 70s teams have kind of burned out from watching the Knicks more so than other generations.

I've noticed this when I've interacted with some other fans elsewhere I used to be big fans and just exhausted I think.

Meanwhile, let's be real.

Philly fans have a reputation too I believe and I think it's even affecting Joel Embiid, and is connected to my comments about the north east of the United States and the kind of sports van culture that exist there Philly, New York, Boston.

For Philly, we know about the Michael Irving incident and we know there's even a documentary about how horrible they can be. of course this is not all of them. This is a certain group of fans just like the same group of fans of our our tour posters of Julius Randle down after we lost last season in the playoffs. or the same people that led to the headline when Ewing left good riddance.

We have it in our own fanbase we can't deny it or are we gonna pretend that it's not there?

To Philly and their fans, with all due respect for the reasons they have to be upset about refereeing in this series, and apparently they seem to think in the past, and that might be fueling some of their anger, even though it has nothing to do with us...

Philly fans and Joel Embiid seem to have what comes across to me as what makes sense on level is a chip on the shoulder because Philly likes to think of it as a tough guy so it ain't so cool when you have that aura and you haven't won even though you got an MVP and a dominant force and did all these things to get him to win.

I kinda sorta hate to break it to Philly fans, but the comparisons they're making to what happened in some of the previous games by the refs to what Joel Embiid did in the last game and also the fact that there were bad calls against the next two in previous games or non-calls repeatedly isn't really a good logical comparison, but in my best impression of Tina Turner...

"What's logic got to do with it?"

It’s because these are two ECF caliber teams that shouldn’t be playing in round 1. Knicks are hungry AF and Philly is desperate to not have another horrible early exit during Embiid’s latter prime. Makes for a heck of a first round series.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/28/2024  10:23 AM
Good stuff discussed here.

Other than wearing too much gold around his neck I do like Nick Nurse coaching and he has done a good job with that team.
Embiid's an HOF player with just a chip to accomplish to complete his stardom. If he can do that in Philly its a great thing.
This is a player who came into the league with injury issues from day one and perhaps Phans there are hard on him.
They love him but also love to hate on him. WE did this to Ewing 30 years ago! Look at how we reacted when Randle gave fans the finger!

This is no ordinary 1st round series given the circumstances.

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy