[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/27/2024  2:59 PM
Philly players and fans wet their pants because a jersey was tugged. I expect Knicks players to be focused and smart under Thibs' watch after this nonsense. Of cousre there can incidentally be contact in the course of the game....
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/27/2024  3:02 PM
Clean wrote:An interesting thing is the NBA is taking down compilations of how dirty joel was last game. I never seen them do that before. Now the question is are they protecting him or the refs for throwing the game?

good question

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/27/2024  3:15 PM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:An interesting thing is the NBA is taking down compilations of how dirty joel was last game. I never seen them do that before. Now the question is are they protecting him or the refs for throwing the game?

good question

The NBA is in the middle of a deal with Amazon for broadcasting rights.

Can’t have it be known that last year’s MVP is a piece of **** mental-case scumbag.

ToddTT
4/27/2024  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  3:21 PM
And this is why *******s like Embiid feel entitled to be grade A ****s.

I might be bitter.

martin
USA
4/27/2024  3:38 PM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:

good question

Can’t have it be known that last year’s MVP is a piece of **** mental-case scumbag.

Do you think the convo goes like this: "Look Prime people, we can't *pick* winners and losers but we can put our hand on the game. Like NY-Philly for example. We want what you want, right? More games, so Sixers gonna get the calls tonight and even know we *know* Embiid is a **** like Dray, we let him do his thing and voila, more games! Let me make a call and watch this."

ToddTT
4/27/2024  3:54 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:

good question

Do you think the convo goes like this: "Look Prime people, we can't *pick* winners and losers but we can put our hand on the game. Like NY-Philly for example. We want what you want, right? More games, so Sixers gonna get the calls tonight and even know we *know* Embiid is a **** like Dray, we let him do his thing and voila, more games! Let me make a call and watch this."

Exactly. And then that alien Silver tries to weasel himself a free Prime membership.

ToddTT
4/27/2024  3:59 PM
I don’t want to wish the weekend away, but I can’t wait until game 4, and hopefully some revenge.

Maybe I’ll go hang out at the airport and see if I can hit on Jennifer Garner.

martin
USA
4/27/2024  4:16 PM
ToddTT wrote:I don’t want to wish the weekend away, but I can’t wait until game 4, and hopefully some revenge.

Maybe I’ll go hang out at the airport and see if I can hit on Jennifer Garner.

Guns a-blazing, revenge style?

Clean
Member: #743
4/27/2024  6:49 PM

Thibs been on fire in the interviews.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2024  8:55 PM
Karma.

Like every year he gets hurt at seasons end and cannot get to conf. finals?
Its already been there.

My dudes, are we not the ones making excuses now?
Not like the refs were putting the ball in the basket for them.
Im not saying things are pure and teams don't get help, but if you good enough to supersede it then its moot.

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
4/27/2024  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  10:01 PM
Well, I couldn't even watch the game until the next day, and wow. Wow once again but not like the last time that's for sure or even the game before.

Some was good but some bad. Really really bad, and I mean for the NBA in general.

for what it's allowing with what happened and what's happening with Embiid.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
USA
4/27/2024  9:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  10:10 PM
Fan tribalism leads us to defend what we love no matter how not okay the behavior is of that person.

You can separate the person from the behavior that's actually something that they teach adults who work with young folks, but the idea that you have to defend whatever your player does no matter what sometimes is a bit concerning, but I get it (Sixers fans).

Seems we're are apparently fine with supporting behavior when it comes to sports I guess it's a gladiator arena in ancient Rome?

no matter how illogical and horrible it might be as long as they're "your own" engaging in horrible human behavior that gets what you want you know that chip?

So, no problem with engaging in narcissistic, selfish survivalist behavior. We good with that.. and yes, I have been guilty of this too.

As a Knicks fans I admit to supporting the kind of behavior that the Pistons learned was what they had to do to stop Michael Jordan and give Scottie Pippen a migraine, then came back to haunt us in that infamous 1997 Miami series, or led to incident that exacerbated racism such as the malice at the palace.

We know this lead NBA to get rid of it all, and a lot of backlash towards the flopping of LeBron and all these other other types of histrionics that were happening before anyway

'cause I seem to recall Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan doing it A LOT,

The superstar treatment is a bit of a problem sometimes.

It justifies a lot of privilege that sometimes is too much and creates a lot of anger, but maybe that's what the NBA wants make sure you watch it instead of play NBA 2K, call of duty or whatever video game or whatever else you're doing instead of watching games on TV.

It adds fuel to the fire for you to watch the next game, because they know they're competing with that and they need a product that can.

Clean
Member: #743
4/27/2024  9:54 PM

people digging into Joels dirty past been coming up with all kind of stuff I never seen. WTF was this?
PresIke
USA
4/27/2024  10:15 PM
The I'm okay with superstars doing whatever they want as long as I get a great game narrative is played into by more than a few analysts, even Steven A Smith (!) who I saw say he we wants to see him on the court so no problem, just some minor detail....even if he could've ended someone's career.

That seems a bit problematic to me, but what do I know??

Well, I do know that after the All-Star break, the NBA started to change some things to the way, they're refereeing games. We all know this now..

Following years and years of leaning towards supporting the team with the ball, in a backlash to the previous era, the NBA found themselves with a number of issues.

Scores, player stats and numbers that were so inflated that it was not as enjoyable or comparable.

They need the hardcore fans to keep the "fire" going, and the all offense no D was losing certain hard-core fans as they lose fans to video games, and social networking on their devices, not watching actual games.

So, after a decade or so of basically no help for defense it was not doing the NBA as much as they wanted anymore,

Always it just saying to see how utility, meaning it's not really about helping anyone it's about using things to get something, plays a role in professional sports, but people don't always see that they think it's some kind of moral play.

I could think of how major league baseball knew that the players were taking all of the substances and they let it go because they wanted those fans back in the seats following the 1994 season and how fans really did not come back and we're losing interest and pretty much continually, but help them earn what they the owners needed to get their cash money flowing again.

And then those same players they turned the blind eye to once the target was on their back they for sure happy to throw them under the bus. no problem.

So they're worried about their product and it's true. It was better when there was more defense and it's better now on some level, there's part of me that wonders if the refs are having a hard time because suddenly they have to change everything and that letters and skill is much higher than it was back then.

Think it's an adjustment and it's challenging for them to figure out what to do and I think when we're yelling at the refs a lot maybe we're not realizing how hard it might be for them to be adapting to this dramatic shift.

I like the idea of having physical intensity and not calling some of the fouls that even happened against what the Sixers wanted in the same game where Joel Embiid tried initiate contact to get a foul and didn't get it.

I was like oh thank you finally that's nice, but it was far too little far too late.

I see comparisons on the usual nonsensical reactions on YouTube on the athletic article that people are ready to tar and feather someone who I'm pretty sure as a nick fan in Fred Katz for the way he wrote his article about the game.

PresIke
USA
4/27/2024  10:20 PM
Sixers fans who who seem to think that the potential ruining of a players entire career with what Embiid tried to pull equates to anywhere near the same level of it "justice for calls in the previoys games.

I dunno what to say....well...actually

I'm pretty sure the Knicks had just a tad few calls or no calls that went against us as well. Even if one I can think of ended up helping, that was chance, and that doesn't make up for the fact that when Devo got mauled and there was no call.

I wonder why the Knicks decide to release those ref tendency reports?

Because they think the referees are helping them out?

This is how bonkers we can be.

We can't even think rationally about anything in some states.

Wwe're so embedded and as we'd say not particularly well regulated (probably) emotionally and then backed up by propaganda merchants trying to justify what side we're on that we are unable to be reasonable or even hear another view.

Not good.

PresIke
USA
4/27/2024  10:24 PM
The series is very entertaining and that this is a first round series is almost hard to believe it feels like a battle for life and death, and I can't recall any first round series this intense in all of my years of watching the NBA, except the Knicks to Miami decades ago.

I wonder how one of those went for us?

The northeast coast of the US can be a cesspool of vitriolic over the line fandom.

They literally made a movie about it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228953/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_big%2520fan

I admit as fans of the New York Knicks we ourselves have had this happen within our own fan base on this forum expressed in various forms at times leading to certain members leaving the forum entirely or having de facto Civil War on here for years i.e. the lovers and haters debate that lasted only until people couldn't take it anymore or as we know with our good old friend, DJ Su abandoned the team entirely.

In fact, I find it interesting that I've noticed a lot of fans older than millennials, but not as old as those who remember the 70s teams have kind of burned out from watching the Knicks more so than other generations.

I've noticed this when I've interacted with some other fans elsewhere I used to be big fans and just exhausted I think.

Meanwhile, let's be real.

Philly fans have a reputation too I believe and I think it's even affecting Joel Embiid, and is connected to my comments about the north east of the United States and the kind of sports van culture that exist there Philly, New York, Boston.

For Philly, we know about the Michael Irving incident and we know there's even a documentary about how horrible they can be. of course this is not all of them. This is a certain group of fans just like the same group of fans of our our tour posters of Julius Randle down after we lost last season in the playoffs. or the same people that led to the headline when Ewing left good riddance.

We have it in our own fanbase we can't deny it or are we gonna pretend that it's not there?

To Philly and their fans, with all due respect for the reasons they have to be upset about refereeing in this series, and apparently they seem to think in the past, and that might be fueling some of their anger, even though it has nothing to do with us...

Philly fans and Joel Embiid seem to have what comes across to me as what makes sense on level is a chip on the shoulder because Philly likes to think of it as a tough guy so it ain't so cool when you have that aura and you haven't won even though you got an MVP and a dominant force and did all these things to get him to win.

I kinda sorta hate to break it to Philly fans, but the comparisons they're making to what happened in some of the previous games by the refs to what Joel Embiid did in the last game and also the fact that there were bad calls against the next two in previous games or non-calls repeatedly isn't really a good logical comparison, but in my best impression of Tina Turner...

"What's logic got to do with it?"

PresIke
USA
4/27/2024  10:35 PM
I actually used to like Embiid.

I thought folks been harsh on him.

All the playoff failures despite being MVP and pressure, also playing in a city like Philly similar to NYC where you know you’re gonna hear it has led to extreme criticism of him we know and the Sixers.

The pressure feels like it’s clearly gotten into him from all the criticism that he’s faced. This can explain but not excuse what he’s doing.

It’s like being cornered with feeling you have no way out. You resort to anything aka be dirty and act innocent. You convince yourself you’re justified in all actions leading to being seen as a victim. Its survival.

He knows he’s not getting younger with his size and knees the window be closing.

If the Sixers lose this series, in the first round, you know he’s gonna hear even more criticism. The rumors about him coming to us might’ve been him worrying about that although we know he ain’t coming anymore.

This is the definition of one trying hard to prove oneself, especially when labeled “soft” especially in a masculine dominant hot take world of pro sports.

But that doesn’t excuse or make what he’s done acceptable at all.

That he’s felt that he has to go this low — pun intended — more than once and then play victim has dramatically changed my view of him, even if I can see why he might based on what I wrote.

I, again was a fan of him and defender against criticism of him before this series.

It’s sad as I think it is related to the history criticism he’s received on some level….

but that again not good enough to be willing to risk someone’s career as he did.

That’s crossing a line dipping into real deal narcissism and selfishness that I can’t forget.

The NBA should not be tolerating this and they should be careful about what they’re allowing, it might come back to haunt them.

P.S. Shout out to Jay Williams for keeping it real.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/28/2024  1:16 AM
blkexec
Member: #748
4/28/2024  2:35 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
blkexec wrote:“A knee for a knee”

In Mitch case an ankle for a knee.

If the Knicks do not target Embiid physically, they are soft. Embiid set the tone on dirty plays and the Knicks must respond.

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

I agree it’s pay back time… get simms in the game just to fall on Embiid’s knee make it look extremely intentional . You gonna take Mitch out we are gonna take you out.

That’s the culture in baseball and mlb refs understand and anticipate retaliation. It’s part of the sport. Don’t want the smoke? Should’ve never created the fire. Embiid has made his bed and he has to sleep in it. He decided to attack ankles because of a previous game? How weak minded is that. Attack this man with elbows and knees when driving to the hole period. Give him a reason to flop. Each player has six fouls to use. Make sure two of those 6 are hard fouls.

Mitch is out and Embiid knows he’s the only player we have to match his physicality. If the refs not doing anything about it, then whatever happens to him, or his knees, the refs are just as guilty. And they deserve part of the blame, regardless of the outcome. Embiid should’ve been ejected and we should be up 3-0.

Instead it’s now a series, Embiid hit us with an 50 piece and Mitch is down (probably for the series). Who knows if this causes Mitch long term damage and millions of dollars with his next contract. GTFOH. This is NY and we have Nova boys from Philly. Knicks better show up with more physicality, aimed at Embiid period. Can’t rely on these gambling azz refs. Plus they should understand.

Look at how classy OG was when he rolled over Maxey ankle. That’s a true professional vs that Embiid flopping clown. This is turning into a WWE highway 95 blood bath.

This next game will tell a lot about the heart of these Knick players and coach. If anything they need to channel this energy towards a bloody victory. Otherwise Embiid and company will continue these antics. There’s only one way to deal with a bully when the teacher does nothing to protect you. Handle your business fellas. Show me something.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/28/2024  7:11 AM
Clean wrote:
people digging into Joels dirty past been coming up with all kind of stuff I never seen. WTF was this?

Wow. Honestly, it looked like he gave some extra falling on Mitch's leg (when he got legit hurt). Here's to a Josh Hart round house kick to the functioning side of his face today.

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy