[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/26/2024  7:45 PM
Clean wrote:An interesting thing is the NBA is taking down compilations of how dirty joel was last game. I never seen them do that before. Now the question is are they protecting him or the refs for throwing the game?

Gonna need to provide some specifics with a statement like that. NBA is removing clips of his dirty play from where exactly?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/26/2024  7:46 PM
Clean wrote:An interesting thing is the NBA is taking down compilations of how dirty joel was last game. I never seen them do that before. Now the question is are they protecting him or the refs for throwing the game?

Finally a theory I can get behind.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

4/26/2024  7:48 PM
DLeethal wrote:

Gonna need to provide some specifics with a statement like that. NBA is removing clips of his dirty play from where exactly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/1cdq2ij/apparently_the_nba_is_actively_censoring_clips_of/

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Member: #743
4/26/2024  7:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/1cdq2ij/apparently_the_nba_is_actively_censoring_clips_of/

Thanks for that. I did not even know there was a reddit thread on it.

As you can see a lot of the videos are takendown. I have never seen that before. The Bam compilation video been up for a year and no problem.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/26/2024  8:03 PM
DLeethal wrote:

If they're doing it... they need to do a much better job.

It would be smart of them though, considering how many clips there are showing what an absolute dirty piece of **** their reigning MVP is.

He's in Draymond's class now. I'd be embarrassed to root for him.

I don't know how far we'll go this postseason, but I know that Embiid will ultimately disappoint, and break down a little more.

Clean
4/26/2024  8:50 PM
ToddTT wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

If they're doing it... they need to do a much better job.

It would be smart of them though, considering how many clips there are showing what an absolute dirty piece of **** their reigning MVP is.

He's in Draymond's class now. I'd be embarrassed to root for him.

I don't know how far we'll go this postseason, but I know that Embiid will ultimately disappoint, and break down a little more.

It looks like they could be hitting the videos with a ton of views. Another thread talking about this pointed out how many views the ones that got hit had.

BigDaddyG

4/26/2024  10:20 PM
Clean wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Thanks for that. I did not even know there was a reddit thread on it.

As you can see a lot of the videos are takendown. I have never seen that before. The Bam compilation video been up for a year and no problem.

An entire list.
Clean
4/27/2024  4:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  5:00 AM

This pretty much shows just how fixed the last game was. This is a Flagrant 2 but What he did to Mitch was a flagrant 1 and kicking 2 players in the nuts are not flagrants at all. They were not going to kick him out of that game no matter what he did. He could have kicked every player in the nuts and it would not have mattered. If he and Maxey did not get hot in the 3rd they might have done exactly that.

We essentually got punished for them calling game 2 consistantly. Our only sin was the one that benefitted us came at the end of the game. The other 46minutes where they were doing the same to Brunson on inbounds without calls means nothing.

blkexec
Member: #748
4/27/2024  6:51 AM
“A knee for a knee”

In Mitch case an ankle for a knee.

If the Knicks do not target Embiid physically, they are soft. Embiid set the tone on dirty plays and the Knicks must respond.

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/27/2024  7:24 AM
blkexec wrote:“A knee for a knee”

If the Knicks do not target Embiid physically, they are soft. Embiid set the tone on dirty plays and the Knicks must respond.

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

This can backfire. Right now we have the league and the refs at our mercy due to the optics. Finesse that into a W to take a 3-1 lead.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/27/2024  7:47 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

This can backfire. Right now we have the league and the refs at our mercy due to the optics. Finesse that into a W to take a 3-1 lead.

Agreed. Perception is on our side now especially after two ejections last night for much less offenses than Embiid’s. Refs will hopefully overcompensate in our favor now. Best way to get these guys back is beat them handily. They can no longer cry foul for game 2 - they lost rights to that with the Embiid fiasco.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2024  8:29 AM
Again, Knicks pressed them into this desperation response. We were up at half time.
What worked was Embiid calming down and his shooting.
Don't you guys see it was working? Evident by Joel's melt down.
2nd half? Credit him for answering the bell.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/27/2024  8:37 AM
DLeethal wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

Agreed. Perception is on our side now especially after two ejections last night for much less offenses than Embiid’s. Refs will hopefully overcompensate in our favor now. Best way to get these guys back is beat them handily. They can no longer cry foul for game 2 - they lost rights to that with the Embiid fiasco.

This is what I've been thinking too. It's sad that this is the state of the game.

Why can't we just watch a game officiated according to what's actually happening on the floor... rather than greed, gambling, public relations, and incompetence?

BTW, **** Embiid. I'm not wishing harm on this piece of garbage... but I am wishing him a healthy dose of karma.

Karma up the ass.

Nalod
USA
4/27/2024  8:41 AM
NBA take it down do to copyright infringement?
Did Joel's sponsors have any influence here?
The player himself?
Did anyone see it? Was there anything different about it vs. other video clips we see all the time?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/27/2024  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/27/2024  10:20 AM

“An ankle for a knee”

It’s only fair.

I agree it’s pay back time… get simms in the game just to fall on Embiid’s knee make it look extremely intentional . You gonna take Mitch out we are gonna take you out.

Nalod
USA
4/27/2024  10:59 AM
I'd rather we channel our energy by defeating them with Embiid on the court.
Seen that movie before, it does not work out like an episode of the Sopranos.
But its fun to think it!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/27/2024  11:01 AM
Nalod wrote:Again, Knicks pressed them into this desperation response. We were up at half time.
What worked was Embiid calming down and his shooting.
Don't you guys see it was working? Evident by Joel's melt down.
2nd half? Credit him for answering the bell.
Pun intended?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/27/2024  11:02 AM
Nalod
USA
4/27/2024  11:30 AM
Embiid is dirty but it comes from entitled superstar position. Sort of a "hissy fit".
He is not intending to injure others but his actions are dangerous none the less. Just my opinion.
COntrast to Draymond's anger. Both are "out of control".
Knicks would not be wise to match it.
The play was OG knocking his ass down as he reached for the ball. To me, he did not retaliate, but emotionally was disgusted with the situation and did not give a **** about Mitch. Yes, still dangerous. I would not have thought a flagrant 2 would have been hotly contested. Stars get benefit of the doubt. Not a conspiracy, its just the law of the jungle.

But like I said, knicks being physical with him is what set him off to start with. I say keep I up. No need to retaliate.
We had them on the ropes. Keep it up they go back on the ropes. Retaliate we lose a player.
Mitch could have been hurt but he was not on that play. We retaliate and really injure Embiid I would not like that either.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/27/2024  1:59 PM
So no suspension, but not even a fine? It is what it is. Knicks are a mentally tough team. They will take care of business. What's not fair is we do have a key player injured as a result of multiple dirty plays by this clutz.
[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy