[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

4/26/2024  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  12:26 PM
fishmike wrote:good game from Phili. We beat them in every quarter except the one where they hit everything and that stood up. Obviously some bush league **** from Embiid etc and that's all good.

Knicks are all phucking business. Whatever the plan is it's going to involve being even MORE aggressive on both ends.

We need more from SG... neither DD/McBride gave us much scoring. Bojan's wrist looks like it's bothering him, although his hustle and energy look great. We need those 3 to get us some buckets.

I think we go without Mitch game 4-5 possibly. I also think when Precious plays the 5 we have a faster more athletic look and it works well at times.

Honestly we had command of game three except for the 3rd quarter when we forgot to make embiid put the ball on the floor.

Glad we kept our cool, because if embiid pulled that **** on me like he did to Hartenstein knee to the nuts and Mitch injury … id break that ****ers nose and step on his bad knee the wrong way.

Embiid is a b I t ch he’s lucky he didn’t play in the 90’s because he’d be going into game 4 with a broken jaw.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/26/2024  12:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I wonder if Precious could actually help us mix things up a bit using a different type of body and defender on Embiid for stretches.

I think he should do better than IHart in defending Embiid in the perimeter. Precious stays down on pump fakes and long arms can at least block Embiids view to the basket. My only worry is when Embiid decides to take him down low. One thing we can do is deny Embiid the ball. Don't let him catch the ball anywhere in the court.

Embiid and Philly took all we threw at him and spit it out.
They executed their game plan, adjusted and won.
Im sure our coaches who generally have a reputation of outworking most will try their best.
Sucks Mitch got hurt. That ankle was not good before the game.
They are defending DDV pretty well from the outside. He is getting to the rim and also testing embiid.
Did I love the fouls called on iHart? No. But crowd Embiid we know he will get the call. Don't crowd him he hits the shot. He hits them anyway it seemed!!!
I like what OG was doing mostly but he is a limited creater.
We smashed them pretty good first two games and they responded well. They had a few flagrants in the first half and we kept it together. They looked like they were right on the edge of melting down. We have to do a better job protecting ihart and if Mitch is out use Sims a bit vs. Embiid and let precious go after Paul Reed a bit.
bottom line is if Joel plays like that every night we might be in trouble.

It was really an insanely good 3rd quarter by them, but other than that we probably outplayed them for 3Q. I think both coaches could probably make the argument that the gameplans are working.

Philadelphia’s 43 points on 21 possessions (2.05 per) were the second most efficient quarter for any team in any game this season (regular season, Play-In or playoffs), topped only by an Indiana Pacers third quarter (50 on 24) against Charlotte in early November.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/26/2024  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  12:40 PM
Impressive that he’s still playing at a high level. Seems like something that would mess with your game.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/26/2024  12:41 PM
ToddTT wrote:Impressive that he’s still playing at a high level. Seems like something that would mess with your game.

I wonder if one of the side effects is that it also makes you an *******.

Clean
Member: #743
4/26/2024  12:55 PM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/26/2024  12:58 PM
It's a superstar league, nothing new there. Now it's time for the Knicks to focus and do what they can do.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2024  12:59 PM
Just heard about his infliction with Bells Palsy and and have to admit I am impressed with his fortitude.

As for Knicks, the big ****er was shooting 3’s over our guys. When we played him up, he shot and got fouled.
He dropped 50 on 19 shots. First time anyone did this in the playoffs and perhaps only the 4th time like ever.
Its improbable he plays this good again. Historical performance.
Bells Palsy is not somthing you get from looking in the mirror or looking at Kyle Lowrey’s looking like Paul Pierce **** face either.

Nalod
USA
4/26/2024  1:00 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:good game from Phili. We beat them in every quarter except the one where they hit everything and that stood up. Obviously some bush league **** from Embiid etc and that's all good.

Knicks are all phucking business. Whatever the plan is it's going to involve being even MORE aggressive on both ends.

We need more from SG... neither DD/McBride gave us much scoring. Bojan's wrist looks like it's bothering him, although his hustle and energy look great. We need those 3 to get us some buckets.

I think we go without Mitch game 4-5 possibly. I also think when Precious plays the 5 we have a faster more athletic look and it works well at times.

Honestly we had command of game three except for the 3rd quarter when we forgot to make embiid put the ball on the floor.

Glad we kept our cool, because if embiid pulled that **** on me like he did to Hartenstein knee to the nuts and Mitch injury … id break that ****ers nose and step on his bad knee the wrong way.

Embiid is a b I t ch he’s lucky he didn’t play in the 90’s because he’d be going into game 4 with a broken jaw.

IHart said he did not think it was a big deal and he got caught on his big brace.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2024  1:29 PM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2024  1:38 PM
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/26/2024  1:40 PM
Good, That play on Mitch though was dirty and dang man he could have really injured Mitch it’s all subjective but to me that a easy flagrant 2 just looked like a aggressive move by embiid, I'm happy Mitch kept his cool.

We gotta make embiid put the ball on the floor, good things happen when we force his hand. That 3 point barrage saved the 76ers from going down 3-0… that’s extremely unlikely to happen again.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/26/2024  2:44 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Felt like Embiid was trying to hurt Mitch. I get pulling on a guy or sneaking a hand in (see Lowry on OG), but I do t get the sense Lowry is trying to hurt someone. Just using angles on what the refs can see.

Embiid kind of bounced on Mitch’s Knee. He pulled on Mitch’s legs. He’s got to cut it out. I don’t really care if he and Bam do that ****, but Mitch plays clean.

In any even, we knew there would be some makeup calls this game. 2-1. Still proud of this squad. OG, Precious, Mitch need to get angry and match DDV’s intensity. Let brawl.

Oh...he was trying to hurt IHart and Mitch last night. Fooker was after both of them. The problem is we have 2 really nice hard working guys. Not sure we can have them flip the switch and become Oakley and Mason all of a sudden.

You are right. Just kind of wish we had a crazy-eyed enforcer to back Embiid off.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/26/2024  2:48 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Good, That play on Mitch though was dirty and dang man he could have really injured Mitch it’s all subjective but to me that a easy flagrant 2 just looked like a aggressive move by embiid, I'm happy Mitch kept his cool.

We gotta make embiid put the ball on the floor, good things happen when we force his hand. That 3 point barrage saved the 76ers from going down 3-0… that’s extremely unlikely to happen again.

I mean, that third quarter run was pretty unreal. We lost in that quarter, not anywhere else. Love our guys and hope we get em back by winning game 4.

This is the Randle.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/26/2024  3:13 PM
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/26/2024  3:34 PM
Knicks are still in drivers seat. Even if we lose next game we are still in driver seat going back to MSG for 2 out of 3. Stealing 1 of 2 was always the realistic goal for going to Philly. And even if we don't, then game 5 becomes the next chance to put Philly on the brink of defeat. We are in control until further notice. Winning next game is massive and if not, both teams held serve at home and we still have HCA. Series doesn't get dicey for us until they beat us at home.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/26/2024  4:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  4:09 PM
we played well for the most part... PHI's season was on the line, was gonna be a very difficult game.

Embiid played dirty and wouldn't stop complaining, have never seen a guy get so many FT's on jumpshots. def think there was some overcompensating for G2 from the refs. But all that aside he had a stretch where he hit 3 or 4 straight, highly contested 3's and that was pretty amazing.

And even with that we still stayed in the game.

Can't see us giving up a 43 point quarter again, or 55% shooting. I think we'll win this series.

Would like to see OG on Embidd more also and Deuce on Maxey.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2024  4:22 PM
DLeethal wrote:Knicks are still in drivers seat. Even if we lose next game we are still in driver seat going back to MSG for 2 out of 3. Stealing 1 of 2 was always the realistic goal for going to Philly. And even if we don't, then game 5 becomes the next chance to put Philly on the brink of defeat. We are in control until further notice. Winning next game is massive and if not, both teams held serve at home and we still have HCA. Series doesn't get dicey for us until they beat us at home.
yeah man and our guys are ALL business. They know the way to dance on this guy is to win the game and simply say "I dont care about him, Im looking at the Pacers/Bucks"

I will say I like the character makeup of our roster and this is not a crew you wanna start getting chippy with. I do NOT see that working out well for Phili

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/26/2024  4:28 PM
There will be an answer. I don’t think it will be Oak coming out of retirement and clotheslining Joel, but there will be an adjustment and aware response.
Nalod
USA
4/26/2024  5:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  5:58 PM
KnickDanger wrote:There will be an answer. I don’t think it will be Oak coming out of retirement and clotheslining Joel, but there will be an adjustment and aware response.

We did have an answer.
He acutually was jumping up and down having a hissy fit.

Embiid was falling down. He damn near got thrown out of the game. He actually grabbed Mitch!
We were in control up 3 pts at half time. It was working. We were up 2-0 and in control. We owned them physically and mentally.

Then Philly countered and had a great run to take control of the game. Why can't anyone see this?
we were physically and mentally stressing them.
They needed an epic and record setting performance. Credit them for what they did.
Thibs need not reinvent this team. we keep pressing them. We keep applying the pressure.
If it don't work, and they keep it up, we will lose.
It happens.

Clean
Member: #743
4/26/2024  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  7:05 PM
An interesting thing is the NBA is taking down compilations of how dirty joel was last game. I never seen them do that before. Now the question is are they protecting him or the refs for throwing the game?
[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy