[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/25/2024  11:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:There also needs to be some honesty here. Embiid is the reigning MVP. The NBA wants him to play. That means they will protect him on both sides of the ball. No one wants to see Paul Reed for 24 minutes.

Of course, you are so right. Let Embiid injure anyone on the other side, get away with murder and commit blatant flagrant fouls in front of the refs because the league is right, you need to protect Embiid. You are so right.

I don't care if Embiid ends up as the GOAT when his career is over and his knees are replaced with titanium. Fair is fair. A kick for a kick. A stomach punch for a stomach punch. There's physical and the there's plain dirty and Embiid crossed threshold tonight.

You thinking what I'm thinking?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/25/2024  11:35 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:There also needs to be some honesty here. Embiid is the reigning MVP. The NBA wants him to play. That means they will protect him on both sides of the ball. No one wants to see Paul Reed for 24 minutes.

Of course, you are so right. Let Embiid injure anyone on the other side, get away with murder and commit blatant flagrant fouls in front of the refs because the league is right, you need to protect Embiid. You are so right.

I don't care if Embiid ends up as the GOAT when his career is over and his knees are replaced with titanium. Fair is fair. A kick for a kick. A stomach punch for a stomach punch. There's physical and the there's plain dirty and Embiid crossed threshold tonight.

You thinking what I'm thinking?

I'm down. Need to Nancy Kerrigan that bitch.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/25/2024  11:57 PM
As I said in a previous thread, I think Knicks should start Sims and just throw 6 hard fouls in the first 5 mins to soften Embiid up. Then bring MItch/iHart
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
4/26/2024  12:09 AM

It was obvious they planned to go dirty and dare the refs to throw them out since what happened last game.
Clean
Member: #743
4/26/2024  1:30 AM
Funny thing is I wanted to avoid MIA because they are dirty not knowing that Joel is too. I never watch him because of his foul baiting so I had no clue.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/26/2024  3:38 AM
Kind of weird you are concentrating on the ankle grab while apparently ignoring the knee to Hartenstein's groin and the dick kick to Robinson. Draymond has been getting away with this stuff for years as well and the NBA has been happy to let him and GSW play.

One thing the refs can't do is help Draymond hit 3's or Embiid hit jumpers. Embiid's shooting tonight was a fluke. Let him continue to take those shots and live with the results. Brunson finally had a big game and the rest of the Knicks played well. I really don't like the IHart/ Embiid matchup. IHart was -24 tonight. He plays way too close to Embiid and has been burned twice already in the series on foul shots because of it.

It's actually better to have a smaller guy on Embiid because the NBA has always been loathe to call blocking fouls on little guys. Maybe put Brunson on Tyrese and then switch the pick and rolls. Let Embiid shoot over Brunson and you have four guys hit the boards. If Embiid drives, Brunson is quick enough to get positioning and is best in the league at drawing charges.

Despite the dirty play, 76ers still needed fluke shooting from Embiid, a bad 3 pt. foul from iHart, and wasted possessions down the stretch to win. 82 points for Philly in quarters 1,2, and 4 was solid.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/26/2024  7:04 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Kind of weird you are concentrating on the ankle grab while apparently ignoring the knee to Hartenstein's groin and the dick kick to Robinson. Draymond has been getting away with this stuff for years as well and the NBA has been happy to let him and GSW play.

One thing the refs can't do is help Draymond hit 3's or Embiid hit jumpers. Embiid's shooting tonight was a fluke. Let him continue to take those shots and live with the results. Brunson finally had a big game and the rest of the Knicks played well. I really don't like the IHart/ Embiid matchup. IHart was -24 tonight. He plays way too close to Embiid and has been burned twice already in the series on foul shots because of it.

It's actually better to have a smaller guy on Embiid because the NBA has always been loathe to call blocking fouls on little guys. Maybe put Brunson on Tyrese and then switch the pick and rolls. Let Embiid shoot over Brunson and you have four guys hit the boards. If Embiid drives, Brunson is quick enough to get positioning and is best in the league at drawing charges.

Despite the dirty play, 76ers still needed fluke shooting from Embiid, a bad 3 pt. foul from iHart, and wasted possessions down the stretch to win. 82 points for Philly in quarters 1,2, and 4 was solid.

Embiid is a hyper efficient shooter not really sure allowing him to step into jump shots is a winning strategy.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/26/2024  8:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  8:10 AM
Some perspective after reading some panic suggestions....

Brunson finally got it going.
We lost ONE quarter last night.
Embid will get his but we can't let guys like Payne be the difference.
We win game 4 Sunday the odds for us winning go way up.

My only panic suggestion is for JB/staff to get other guys going. Philly made a point of involving players like Oubre and Payne on offense.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/26/2024  8:16 AM
Felt like Embiid was trying to hurt Mitch. I get pulling on a guy or sneaking a hand in (see Lowry on OG), but I do t get the sense Lowry is trying to hurt someone. Just using angles on what the refs can see.

Embiid kind of bounced on Mitch’s Knee. He pulled on Mitch’s legs. He’s got to cut it out. I don’t really care if he and Bam do that ****, but Mitch plays clean.

In any even, we knew there would be some makeup calls this game. 2-1. Still proud of this squad. OG, Precious, Mitch need to get angry and match DDV’s intensity. Let brawl.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/26/2024  8:32 AM
Mitches ankle was a problem before the game started.

The game was ours when DDV stole the ball. We were surging and PHilly was mentally melting. Then he dribbpled it of mitches leg and oubre got it for an easy dunk. We lost momentum then. It happens. We had a good crowd in the arena and it was happening. Shame.

Outside of Embiids bad behavior he scored 50 points and PHilly beat us.

End of the day we up 2-1. He is the reigning MVP and leads the league getting to the FT by a wide margin. Not just this series, its his thing. Look it up. MVP get better treatment. Always been.
League conspiracy? Did we not win a game the other night on some controversy? Sure did!
Embiid is a bonafide A1 star. Brunson got his calls last night.
The take down foul? DIrty as hell. As announcer said he landed on his feet so not the god awful thing it could have been.
IM not saying I would be upset about him getting a 2 and tossed, not at all. But he did not.

Game was like tied then. Did we fail to deliver a knock out punch or did Phlly get it **** together in 2nd half and play a really good game and defeat us. Thats what I saw. Emiid played great. Dirty, but did what he had to and got away with it.
League did not make those shots.
League did not help him get a block. Not he did.
Frustrating but when this dude plays well they win.
I said it before, we only finished 3 games ahead of them and its because that big dude was injured for a long time.
Hate him all you want, but he is the best player on the floor and that puppy dog maxy is not far behind Jalen after that.

Game 4? Can’t stop Embiid, but Knicks have to figure a way to win.
I don’t care about what we did nor did not do in the regular season. Mitch was questionable before the game due to “injury management”.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/26/2024  8:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  8:47 AM
This game was complete bull**** but I knew there would be a game like this at some point in the series. The zebras were just awful and embarrassing. Really gave us not chance of winning this one. You couldn't lay a finger on that goof Embiid without a foul being called. He got 21 FT's and we got 19 as a team, Philly got 33 total. That's 14 more! And of course the dirty play where Embiid intentionally injured Mitch should have been a flagrant 2 but not the least bit surprised it wasn't. They were never going to throw Embiid out at home unless he threw a punch but it was bull**** and now Mitch is hurt. Huge kudos to Mitch for gutting it out in the first half but now we don't know if he can go in game four and he was so big in our win in game one.

But that being said, I thought Achiuwa did a great job at both ends. Hartenstein was great offensively. Love that floater! And great sign to see Brunson bounce back and have a monster game but the turnovers hurt. DVo and Bogey must shoot and score. We'll be fine. I wasn't expecting us to sweep these crybabies. We just need to get one in Philly and protect homecourt and we can still do that and I believe we will do that. And I cannot wait to see Embiid's face when we send his goofy ass home!

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/26/2024  8:55 AM
Nalod wrote:Mitches ankle was a problem before the game started.

The game was ours when DDV stole the ball. We were surging and PHilly was mentally melting. Then he dribbpled it of mitches leg and oubre got it for an easy dunk. We lost momentum then. It happens. We had a good crowd in the arena and it was happening. Shame.

End of the day we up 2-1. He is the reigning MVP and leads the league getting to the FT by a wide margin. Not just this series, its his thing. Look it up. MVP get better treatment. Always been.
League conspiracy? Did we not win a game the other night on some controversy? Sure did!
The take down foul? DIrty as hell. As announcer said he landed on his feet so not the god awful thing it could have been.
IM not saying I would be upset about him getting a 2 and tossed, not at all. But he did not.

Game was like tied then. Did we fail to deliver a knock out punch or did Phlly get it **** together in 2nd half and play a really good game and defeat us. Thats what I saw. Emiid played great. Dirty, but did what he had to and got away with it.
I said it before, we only finished 3 games ahead of them and its because that big dude was injured for a long time.
Hate him all you want, but he is the best player on the floor and that puppy dog maxy is not far behind Jalen after that.

I don’t care about what we did nor did not do in the regular season. Mitch was questionable before the game due to “injury management”.

Agreed that TO was a momentum killer.

0 chance NBA would've been ok with tossing Embid there even though it was some dirty ****.

Fact remains, as great as he is on O, Embid is a defensive liability and we saw something with Achiuwa late and w/ the IHart focus eary on. Need to leverage that Sunday and keep driving hard (hopefully without getting it poked away - lotta no calls) and attacking his slow footedness on D. Get his big ass tired. And on the defensive side, the Divo double on Embid was a good strategy; he just couldn't miss. They still had a tough time putting us away.

Onto Sunday then.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/26/2024  8:55 AM
How we feeling after sleeping on it?

Feeling good - angry, but good. Brunson righted his ship, Josh still hitting the 3, and we didn't get off to the same slow start that was plaguing us. We knew Philly was going to come out tough. No shocker they won at home after the gut punch they took in game 2.

Basketball wise, Embiid had a great game and was unstoppable. Class and decency wise, he's a POS I no longer feel bad about watching erode in front of us in real time. Cross that name off our wish list.

It's our turn to submit tape to the league office. If we believe Philly's crying impacted the officiating for game 3, then I chose to believe there's going to be another come-to-Jesus meeting with the league before Sunday (I'm an optimist, what can I say?) Not just NY media focusing on Embiid's dirty plays.

Definitely waiting to hear on Mitch - if he misses more time from this game, obviously hurts. Brunson was the piece we had to get going though - and seeing him back last night has me feeling better about the series.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2024  9:04 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:Felt like Embiid was trying to hurt Mitch. I get pulling on a guy or sneaking a hand in (see Lowry on OG), but I do t get the sense Lowry is trying to hurt someone. Just using angles on what the refs can see.

Embiid kind of bounced on Mitch’s Knee. He pulled on Mitch’s legs. He’s got to cut it out. I don’t really care if he and Bam do that ****, but Mitch plays clean.

In any even, we knew there would be some makeup calls this game. 2-1. Still proud of this squad. OG, Precious, Mitch need to get angry and match DDV’s intensity. Let brawl.

Oh...he was trying to hurt IHart and Mitch last night. Fooker was after both of them. The problem is we have 2 really nice hard working guys. Not sure we can have them flip the switch and become Oakley and Mason all of a sudden.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/26/2024  9:19 AM
I wonder if Precious could actually help us mix things up a bit using a different type of body and defender on Embiid for stretches.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/26/2024  9:25 AM
DLeethal wrote:I wonder if Precious could actually help us mix things up a bit using a different type of body and defender on Embiid for stretches.

I think he should do better than IHart in defending Embiid in the perimeter. Precious stays down on pump fakes and long arms can at least block Embiids view to the basket. My only worry is when Embiid decides to take him down low. One thing we can do is deny Embiid the ball. Don't let him catch the ball anywhere in the court.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/26/2024  9:29 AM
DLeethal wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Kind of weird you are concentrating on the ankle grab while apparently ignoring the knee to Hartenstein's groin and the dick kick to Robinson. Draymond has been getting away with this stuff for years as well and the NBA has been happy to let him and GSW play.

Embiid is a hyper efficient shooter not really sure allowing him to step into jump shots is a winning strategy.

This season he has been the most dominant scorer in NBA history. Math doesn't lie here. He's going to get his points. You just want him to get them in the least efficient manner. Also, shooting free throws let's the defense get set. It's much easier to score off of a defensive rebound.

Nalod
USA
4/26/2024  10:50 AM
sealy wrote:
Nalod wrote:Mitches ankle was a problem before the game started.

Agreed that TO was a momentum killer.

0 chance NBA would've been ok with tossing Embid there even though it was some dirty ****.

Fact remains, as great as he is on O, Embid is a defensive liability and we saw something with Achiuwa late and w/ the IHart focus eary on. Need to leverage that Sunday and keep driving hard (hopefully without getting it poked away - lotta no calls) and attacking his slow footedness on D. Get his big ass tired. And on the defensive side, the Divo double on Embid was a good strategy; he just couldn't miss. They still had a tough time putting us away.

Onto Sunday then.

There are 28 other coaches who try to figure out how to stop him. We do hate the great ones!
I thought iHart got some good looks with the floater in first half. They adjusted.
They too know what knicks are trying to do. Josh and OG did go right after him. Sometimes he did not foul but stayed on it with his lengh.
One time announcer said "Embiid understand losing the battle vs. winning the war". Something to that effect. Joel got his act together and became stoic and deadly.

WE did not lose the game last night, we were defeated. Philly was amp'd that they had let one slip away on monday and felt good.
We had them on the ropes in the first half. Embiid was melting down. 2nd half he killed it. He did not wear down, limp, and he hit shots he missed miserably the first two games. If he was in pain he did a better job of showing it.
I hated his act but had to respect the performance in the second half.
Knick fans want blood. They want restitution. Knick players want a win. Things are not always "fair". MVP's get free passes because they earned it on the way up.
Knicks have match what happened last night and exceed it.

Fans who thought embiid should sit? Or we will wipe them off the court, or will sweep need to adjust their expectations.
Want to direct that we too should have tanked to meet a lessor foe? if that makes you feel better so be it.
Philly with a healthy Embiid is likley the true 2nd seed talent wise.
Im not saying we lose by any stretch. IM saying its not gonna be a cake walk.
These teams are very closely matched. Enjoy it for what it is, not the outcome. You may not like it.

Nalod
USA
4/26/2024  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2024  11:10 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I wonder if Precious could actually help us mix things up a bit using a different type of body and defender on Embiid for stretches.

I think he should do better than IHart in defending Embiid in the perimeter. Precious stays down on pump fakes and long arms can at least block Embiids view to the basket. My only worry is when Embiid decides to take him down low. One thing we can do is deny Embiid the ball. Don't let him catch the ball anywhere in the court.

Embiid and Philly took all we threw at him and spit it out.
They executed their game plan, adjusted and won.
Im sure our coaches who generally have a reputation of outworking most will try their best.
Sucks Mitch got hurt. That ankle was not good before the game.
They are defending DDV pretty well from the outside. He is getting to the rim and also testing embiid.
Did I love the fouls called on iHart? No. But crowd Embiid we know he will get the call. Don't crowd him he hits the shot. He hits them anyway it seemed!!!
I like what OG was doing mostly but he is a limited creater.
We smashed them pretty good first two games and they responded well. They had a few flagrants in the first half and we kept it together. They looked like they were right on the edge of melting down. We have to do a better job protecting ihart and if Mitch is out use Sims a bit vs. Embiid and let precious go after Paul Reed a bit.
bottom line is if Joel plays like that every night we might be in trouble.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/26/2024  11:37 AM
good game from Phili. We beat them in every quarter except the one where they hit everything and that stood up. Obviously some bush league **** from Embiid etc and that's all good.

Knicks are all phucking business. Whatever the plan is it's going to involve being even MORE aggressive on both ends.

We need more from SG... neither DD/McBride gave us much scoring. Bojan's wrist looks like it's bothering him, although his hustle and energy look great. We need those 3 to get us some buckets.

I think we go without Mitch game 4-5 possibly. I also think when Precious plays the 5 we have a faster more athletic look and it works well at times.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
[GT 4/25/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G3 Knicks @ 76ers (NYK 2-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy