[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where to you see the Knicks within the Eastern Conference over the next 3-5 years? They tops for me
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  10:56 AM
I am with you on this, so much so I gotta steal the reply and make it a thread.

Where would everyone see the Knicks team within the East Conference over the next 3+ years?

DLeethal wrote:It's not crazy to think this is a 60-65 win team this year if we had full roster all year and relatively good health. Seems like a legit killer bench guy might be the best move for us next year. Someone like Derozan in Bogie's spot. Remember Hart will be coming off the bench next year once everyone is back. Bogie is cool but he's the spot to upgrade. Deuce - Hart - Derozan - Mitch is a ridiculous bench.

Obviously, if Giannis becomes available or something like that you have to explore those guys. But this team is elite and might just need one more weapon in the right spot.

IMHO it's at the top and well within the top 3 IMHO and also positioned probably the best over the course of the next 5 years of any team in East. And that is just wild to state out loud. Obviously this is within an "all things being equal" territory.

Boston is so over the second apron and deep into financials; they will be hard pressed to change a lot but do have their draft picks for 4 years to swap out but 2028 and 2029 picks are completely gone. Their bench is thin and Al Horford is 38 and signed for 1 more year, after him it's Payton Pritchard and Sam Hauser with Xavier Tillman and Luke Kornet? That's on the thin side for me. Especially so with KP needing injury games. Jrue Holiday just extended for 3 years and is 34 in a matter of months. Not for nothing but Boston's best move is trading Brown for lots and lots of help, like from Utah's roster.

Milwaukee? Giannis showing signs and so will Dame and Middleton and Brook. Hopefully they all show it next season cause we got their top-4 pick protected.

Philly, Miami? They'll be OK tough, not elite though? Philly got cap space but a knee problem waiting to happen. Both Miami and Philly gonna be thin after their major players.

And check out all of those eastern conference teams' benches. THIN when compared to Knicks (Deuce, Hart, Precious, Bogey, Mitch). Knicks can legit run 10 guys but they ****ing gotta do all the Bitcoins to retain iHart.

Knicks top end starter talent may not match up on the all star end of things of other teams, but Brunson, Randle, OG are SOLID and don't ever sleep on iHart, DDV and the Knicks have room for upgrades which is insane.

They GOTTA keep this crew going and just pound teams into submission.

Literally upgrade the bench ball handler and you got gold.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/22/2024  11:24 AM
As currently constructed I can picture this team being a #1 seed caliber team as early as next year. I still do not feel they can beat Boston or a team like Denver in a playoff series though. Just feels like we are missing something that puts us on that level. Similar to how the 60 win Thibs Bulls teams were the #1 seed a couple times but no one ever thought they would actually beat Miami. That's kind of where I am at with this team. I think a killer bench guy can maybe bring us to that level or the right, carefully crafted superstar trade.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  11:46 AM
We’re in the mix which is just amazing. So much is unforeseen in terms of injuries, moves, development. How would we know about all the time lost to injuries this year, especially Randle? On the other hand the acquisitions and development that have put the Knicks in this position. Certainly next year’s roster will have some differences, if only the addition of a draft pick or two.

I think the future’s so bright I gotta wear shades!

martin
USA
4/22/2024  12:10 PM
DLeethal wrote:As currently constructed I can picture this team being a #1 seed caliber team as early as next year. I still do not feel they can beat Boston or a team like Denver in a playoff series though. Just feels like we are missing something that puts us on that level. Similar to how the 60 win Thibs Bulls teams were the #1 seed a couple times but no one ever thought they would actually beat Miami. That's kind of where I am at with this team. I think a killer bench guy can maybe bring us to that level or the right, carefully crafted superstar trade.

100% agreed

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  12:19 PM
martin wrote:I am with you on this, so much so I gotta steal the reply and make it a thread.

Where would everyone see the Knicks team within the East Conference over the next 3+ years?

DLeethal wrote:It's not crazy to think this is a 60-65 win team this year if we had full roster all year and relatively good health. Seems like a legit killer bench guy might be the best move for us next year. Someone like Derozan in Bogie's spot. Remember Hart will be coming off the bench next year once everyone is back. Bogie is cool but he's the spot to upgrade. Deuce - Hart - Derozan - Mitch is a ridiculous bench.

Obviously, if Giannis becomes available or something like that you have to explore those guys. But this team is elite and might just need one more weapon in the right spot.

IMHO it's at the top and well within the top 3 IMHO and also positioned probably the best over the course of the next 5 years of any team in East. And that is just wild to state out loud. Obviously this is within an "all things being equal" territory.

Boston is so over the second apron and deep into financials; they will be hard pressed to change a lot but do have their draft picks for 4 years to swap out but 2028 and 2029 picks are completely gone. Their bench is thin and Al Horford is 38 and signed for 1 more year, after him it's Payton Pritchard and Sam Hauser with Xavier Tillman and Luke Kornet? That's on the thin side for me. Especially so with KP needing injury games. Jrue Holiday just extended for 3 years and is 34 in a matter of months. Not for nothing but Boston's best move is trading Brown for lots and lots of help, like from Utah's roster.

Milwaukee? Giannis showing signs and so will Dame and Middleton and Brook. Hopefully they all show it next season cause we got their top-4 pick protected.

Philly, Miami? They'll be OK tough, not elite though? Philly got cap space but a knee problem waiting to happen. Both Miami and Philly gonna be thin after their major players.

And check out all of those eastern conference teams' benches. THIN when compared to Knicks (Deuce, Hart, Precious, Bogey, Mitch). Knicks can legit run 10 guys but they ****ing gotta do all the Bitcoins to retain iHart.

Knicks top end starter talent may not match up on the all star end of things of other teams, but Brunson, Randle, OG are SOLID and don't ever sleep on iHart, DDV and the Knicks have room for upgrades which is insane.

They GOTTA keep this crew going and just pound teams into submission.

Literally upgrade the bench ball handler and you got gold.

Without looking past this playoffs, I think this team is in a position for franchise level success over the next 5 years. I could see a couple of moves that could make them an all time great team. That would take a little luck and development from key players.

BUT - they also have Boston standing between them and that realization. Boston appears to be built really well for the next few years, with risks that come from salary cap, aging and injury concerns that come with their vet players.

I also think a lot of the Knicks growth came from the Knicks conditioning and the implementation of the the motion offense this season. Randle has every ability to fit into that offense, but he also has the ability to stop the ball and the motion. Its a question mark that has to be answered before I commit to a 60+ win season. Which Randle comes to play. Triple double Randle could make this team elite.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
4/22/2024  12:38 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Without looking past this playoffs, I think this team is in a position for franchise level success over the next 5 years. I could see a couple of moves that could make them an all time great team. That would take a little luck and development from key players.

BUT - they also have Boston standing between them and that realization. Boston appears to be built really well for the next few years, with risks that come from salary cap, aging and injury concerns that come with their vet players.

I also think a lot of the Knicks growth came from the Knicks conditioning and the implementation of the the motion offense this season. Randle has every ability to fit into that offense, but he also has the ability to stop the ball and the motion. Its a question mark that has to be answered before I commit to a 60+ win season. Which Randle comes to play. Triple double Randle could make this team elite.

I don't know Boston well enough but I think they have a 2 year window of prime - this year and next - and then it gets very very shaky.

Al Horford is 38 and he is their bench and the catch-all behind KP. After that it is Payton Pritchard. That'll be OK for a round or 2 but you won't get passed much of the West with only that.

Al and Derrick White are signed for this year and next.

Jrue is 34 in June and has help up injury-wise really really well over the past 3 seasons, that'll crack at some point soon. Like in a year or so.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/22/2024  1:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:As currently constructed I can picture this team being a #1 seed caliber team as early as next year. I still do not feel they can beat Boston or a team like Denver in a playoff series though. Just feels like we are missing something that puts us on that level. Similar to how the 60 win Thibs Bulls teams were the #1 seed a couple times but no one ever thought they would actually beat Miami. That's kind of where I am at with this team. I think a killer bench guy can maybe bring us to that level or the right, carefully crafted superstar trade.

agreed.

We have one of the best players in the east and one of the best coaches. Brunson was better offensively than Tatum and he's only a year older with much fewer miles on him.

so we are well set to compete and contend.

EwingsGlass
USA
4/22/2024  2:42 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Without looking past this playoffs, I think this team is in a position for franchise level success over the next 5 years. I could see a couple of moves that could make them an all time great team. That would take a little luck and development from key players.

I don't know Boston well enough but I think they have a 2 year window of prime - this year and next - and then it gets very very shaky.

Al Horford is 38 and he is their bench and the catch-all behind KP. After that it is Payton Pritchard. That'll be OK for a round or 2 but you won't get passed much of the West with only that.

Jrue is 34 in June and has help up injury-wise really really well over the past 3 seasons, that'll crack at some point soon. Like in a year or so.

I think as currently constructed that two year window is correct. But Brad Stevens has consistently adjusted and improved that team. They should probably trade Jaylen Brown for a couple inexpensive pieces and salary relief to stay below the apron. SAS has the right to swap their 2028 pick and Portland has their 2029, so they have most of their draft picks available. Regardless, I think Boston is the largest impediment to NY dominance over the next few years.

This is the Randle.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/22/2024  3:01 PM
Went from 14-2 in January to 4-8 in February. We had a 1-4 stretch late in the season when guys were gassed - including OT loss to Spurs and 1 point loss to OKC. We lost to Philly after only being able to score 73 points.

It's incredibly easy to see where Randle OR Anunoby OR Mitch would have swung that pendulum the other way.

100% with you, this is already a 60 win team if healthy (or anything less than catastrophic).

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2024  3:42 PM
Have to look over the shoulder a bit also and consider Clev. even if a nice trade for DM can get them some talent if Mosley can fulfill his potential. Randle needed "seasoning", so might he.
Charlotte got a good one in Brandon Miller. Add Lamelo and Bridges, with a high lotto pick this year and in the next few years it might become something. Orlando got something cooking down there.
Indy will hang also. To what degree? Haliburton is not 100% this year but if so they might be more dangerous.
Siakim resign and get more acclimated perhaps they a bigger problem.
All things considered I like where we are. Im having too much fun to think too far into the future.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/22/2024  4:37 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Went from 14-2 in January to 4-8 in February. We had a 1-4 stretch late in the season when guys were gassed - including OT loss to Spurs and 1 point loss to OKC. We lost to Philly after only being able to score 73 points.

It's incredibly easy to see where Randle OR Anunoby OR Mitch would have swung that pendulum the other way.

100% with you, this is already a 60 win team if healthy (or anything less than catastrophic).

Yea we had some really rough stretches and went through as bad a season of injuries as I can remember. The team at full strength was insanely good. We also were barely .500 for the first 35 games or so before the OG trade.

martin
USA
4/22/2024  5:00 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:

I think as currently constructed that two year window is correct. But Brad Stevens has consistently adjusted and improved that team. They should probably trade Jaylen Brown for a couple inexpensive pieces and salary relief to stay below the apron. SAS has the right to swap their 2028 pick and Portland has their 2029, so they have most of their draft picks available. Regardless, I think Boston is the largest impediment to NY dominance over the next few years.

So, being over the second apron, it'll make trading Brown ultra hard, right?

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/22/2024  6:37 PM
Trade Thibs! Fire Randle!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/22/2024  9:09 PM
Man anything can happen. Look at all our injuries. Just gotta hang in and seize the moment
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/23/2024  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2024  10:25 AM
Knicks and Celtics have great set ups for the next 5 years. Knicks need to lock up their current group. Brunson, Randle, DiVincenzo, OG, Hartenstein, Mitch, Hart and Deuce. Love this group going forward. Add a couple of good draft picks for depth and we can really keep this going. Possibly be prepared in case an upgrade over Randle becomes available but I am good with what we have going and we are set up nicely for the foreseeable future.
EwingsGlass
USA
4/23/2024  10:39 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:

So, being over the second apron, it'll make trading Brown ultra hard, right?

Not gonna lie, not 100% on this, but I don't think taking back less salary is an issue. I think it becomes harder to take back the same or more with the removal of the 110% buffer. If Houston give Boston Jalen Green, Whitmore and Adams for Brown (ignoring any picks) for the purpose of this that's about 34mm which wouldn't trigger the 110% of Brown's salary. That reduction in salary would put them below the apron, no?

This is the Randle.
Where to you see the Knicks within the Eastern Conference over the next 3-5 years? They tops for me

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy