[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looking for a SF upgrade ??
Author Thread
TheFuture
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #807
Bangladesh
11/25/2004  12:50 PM
Realgm trade checker #2027010, Tim Thomas goes to Philly for Big Dog Robinson, straight up trade. Maybe we have to throw in a future 2nd rd pick or cash !!!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/25/2004  12:52 PM
No thanks. Big Dog is a cancer. I'd rather wait until TT is able to work through his family problems. NEVER trade someone when their value is at an all-time lwo. That's when you want to acquire players, actually because you can get them cheaply.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2004  1:03 PM
Knicks would do this trade in a milli-second. Big Dog has only 1 yr left on his contract, TT2. Big Dog is a much better player than TT-better shooter better rebounder and would be coming in fresh. But again Philly would NEVER do it.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/25/2004  5:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

No thanks. Big Dog is a cancer. I'd rather wait until TT is able to work through his family problems. NEVER trade someone when their value is at an all-time lwo. That's when you want to acquire players, actually because you can get them cheaply.

why would you never do this trade when you put so much importance on expiring contracts? even at his worst, Big Dog would be better than what TT is giving us right now, & his contract could come off the books at the end of the year, so he'd be a more valuable trading commodity to have...TT is a joke right now...the Knicks would be stupid not to make that deal imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/25/2004  9:11 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

why would you never do this trade when you put so much importance on expiring contracts? even at his worst, Big Dog would be better than what TT is giving us right now, & his contract could come off the books at the end of the year, so he'd be a more valuable trading commodity to have...TT is a joke right now...the Knicks would be stupid not to make that deal imho.
I like TT more than Glenn and I have enough patience to wait 8 months for his contract to be an expiring contract. You can call TT a joke; I don't get any humor out of the play of someone who lost his sister and cousin and is struggling.
If we do the trade simply to trade Glenn, then that's fine with me, but I'd rather do a 3 way trade so we don't have to take Glenn for 2+ months.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/25/2004 21:15:49]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2004  11:10 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I like TT more than Glenn and I have enough patience to wait 8 months for his contract to be an expiring contract. You can call TT a joke; I don't get any humor out of the play of someone who lost his sister and cousin and is struggling.
If we do the trade simply to trade Glenn, then that's fine with me, but I'd rather do a 3 way trade so we don't have to take Glenn for 2+ months.

TT shouldnt use his personal family life as an excuse for extended poor play. we all experience terrible stuff like that, its inevitable. Do people have to go back to jobs and perform? YES! Brett Farves dad died the night before a game last year and brett went out and threw 5 TDs, you hear stuff like that all the time. I can understand if someone needs time, but like Ben W just did, he took a couple of games off. Bringing your family life into it and making fun of NY fans is not the prescient approach. His play at halftime epitomizes TT, hes a selfish player looking for excuses. if he is emotional drained from his personal problems, dont play. Get his life in order and comeback when he is ready.

anyway, Big Dog is 2 times the player TT is in terms of hoops and i would make that trade because I dont conider TT a viable long term prospect, I want him OUT like MOST NYers. Im sorry about his family life, but id rather hed be on a different team. he has gotten away with swiping at NY fans, you just dont do that@!
RIP Crushalot😞
spreeeewell
Member: #436
11/26/2004  9:03 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

TT shouldnt use his personal family life as an excuse for extended poor play. we all experience terrible stuff like that, its inevitable. Do people have to go back to jobs and perform? YES! Brett Farves dad died the night before a game last year and brett went out and threw 5 TDs, you hear stuff like that all the time. I can understand if someone needs time, but like Ben W just did, he took a couple of games off. Bringing your family life into it and making fun of NY fans is not the prescient approach. His play at halftime epitomizes TT, hes a selfish player looking for excuses. if he is emotional drained from his personal problems, dont play. Get his life in order and comeback when he is ready.

anyway, Big Dog is 2 times the player TT is in terms of hoops and i would make that trade because I dont conider TT a viable long term prospect, I want him OUT like MOST NYers. Im sorry about his family life, but id rather hed be on a different team. he has gotten away with swiping at NY fans, you just dont do that@!
AMEN! PREACH ON MY BROTHER!!!!!
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
TMS
USA
11/26/2004  9:24 AM
Bonn, you pick out 1 word i use & assume i'm making a joke out of TT's situation...when i said he was a joke i meant his game is a joke right now...do i find that humorous? no, i find it aggravating, frustrating & it pisses me off to no end...does that mean i'm not sympathetic to his situation? no...but by playing the way he is he's hurting the team, & that's not acceptable, i'm sorry...he's paid $12 million a year to be a player, not go out on the court & give half assed efforts on a nightly basis...like BRIGGS said, if he's got some personal issues & he's going to take it onto the court w/him, he'd be better off not playing at all & taking some time off to get his head back in order...he is being selfish by not giving his all on the court & hurting the team imo.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/26/2004  10:55 AM
The SF position is not really a problem. Yes, TT is struggling, but Lenny has been very reluctant to use someone else at that position, because he doesn't want to hurt TT's confidence. However, we do have more than 3 players that we could play at that position that could bring a different taste every night. JYD may not be a known scorrer, but he can rebound, defend, and change the game in many other ways. Penny can be another ball handler, postup, a third option. Ariza, may be raw, but we all know that he can play the game. Is the SF position a problem? I would say no. Lenny is the problem.
The true Knickabocker..........
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/26/2004  12:48 PM
Look man, TT might have his personal problems, but like BRIGGS said, why should he get special treatment when nobody else in the world does? He has a job to do, and ohnestly, if would at least grab 7 boards a game, played decent defesne, and got to the line, and moved the ball, I would forgive his terrible shooting. But the point is he is not even trying. The Raptors caoch speach about how if you don't want to play you should just quit and save us all a lot of trouble is made for TT.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/26/2004  1:05 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

THANK YOU!
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/26/2004  1:31 PM
If we aren't getting a 6'8 - 6'9 SF who can shoot from 19' and beyond or a excellent defender then we don't need them. The Knicks are loosing when teams run the zone, and in order to beat the zone, u need a good shooter and a good Big man. We have neither so it'll be pointless in getting G. Robinson. Also, he isn't that strong of a defender. What is the point? Sounds like a panic trade to me.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
TMS
USA
11/26/2004  1:52 PM
Posted by Bizzy211:

If we aren't getting a 6'8 - 6'9 SF who can shoot from 19' and beyond or a excellent defender then we don't need them. The Knicks are loosing when teams run the zone, and in order to beat the zone, u need a good shooter and a good Big man. We have neither so it'll be pointless in getting G. Robinson. Also, he isn't that strong of a defender. What is the point? Sounds like a panic trade to me.

i've heard Glen Robinsons called many things, but never once have i ever heard anyone question his shooting ability.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/26/2004  2:01 PM
man... the more and more this goes on the bigger the disaster the KVH/TT portion of that trade is for us. Heck, I even liked TT last year. He was very solid late in games and put up good numbers. He seemed to thrive with Marbury, especially in transition. Now he's looking like Shandon part II.

Briggs, I posted something similar about his family. If thats what it is than take a leave of absence. Your hurting your team and heck, your even hurting your career. Saying you need time off for such reasons is understandable. Making excuses isnt.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  2:26 PM
why must you copy what I have said????

Posted by fishmike:

man... the more and more this goes on the bigger the disaster the KVH/TT portion of that trade is for us. Heck, I even liked TT last year. He was very solid late in games and put up good numbers. He seemed to thrive with Marbury, especially in transition. Now he's looking like Shandon part II.

Briggs, I posted something similar about his family. If thats what it is than take a leave of absence. Your hurting your team and heck, your even hurting your career. Saying you need time off for such reasons is understandable. Making excuses isnt.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/26/2004  2:47 PM
huh? When did you say that? And besides.. I think so far you have said we should trade TT, TT will be the 6th man of the year, TT will be the focal point of our offense, tiny Tim needs to step it up, TT this, TT that... how can anyone say anything in a Tim Thomas discussion without you having said it first?

Now dont go postal here...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
spreeeewell
Member: #436
11/27/2004  9:35 AM
Posted by fishmike:

huh? When did you say that? And besides.. I think so far you have said we should trade TT, TT will be the 6th man of the year, TT will be the focal point of our offense, tiny Tim needs to step it up, TT this, TT that... how can anyone say anything in a Tim Thomas discussion without you having said it first?

Now dont go postal here...
YUP! Last year he was saying that TT was better than T-mac and that TT was one of the top ten players...I remember everything like it was yesterday.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/27/2004  9:41 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bizzy211:

i've heard Glen Robinsons called many things, but never once have i ever heard anyone question his shooting ability.

For what it's worth, G Dogg is a decent shooter, but so is Tim Thomas. You don't trade someone to get the same player in return. Players are going to go into slumps.... I will however question G's defensive ability. I see where I made the mistake at....

This statement: "If we aren't getting a 6'8 - 6'9 SF who can shoot from 19' and beyond or be an excellent defender then we don't need them."

Should read this way: "If we aren't getting a 6'8 - 6'9 SF who can shoot from 19' and beyond and be an excellent defender then we don't need him."

Sorry bout' that.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
TheFuture
Member: #807
Bangladesh
11/27/2004  2:20 PM
TT sucks. Excuse my language. Can we issue an official appology to KVH for bashing him all last year ? I mean he only posted double doubles 90% of the time. lol...
diderotn
USA
11/27/2004  6:15 PM
TT will comeon when we need him the most. Right now he is going through some things, and I expect him to do better by mid-season. He had a pretty good game tonight, let's wait and see if he can sustain that performance.

As for Fish, yes, I did call to bench TT because he is hurting our chances when his mind is not in the game. As you know, I am the biggest TT fan on this board. I have asked for him to take a leave of absence to regain his basketball sanity. That is all.
Looking for a SF upgrade ??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy