[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/23/2024  8:01 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Maybe I owe Nurse an apology. After multiple reviews I realized I was looking at an assistant coach. Nick briefly motions for time out while Lowry still has possession but Lowry then tosses it in. Nurse also motion for timeout when Maxey is on the floor with the ball. I'd say both instances last for about .5 seconds. Not sure how fast the refs are supposed to react. Nurse had ample opportunity to call timeout before Lowry inbounded the ball. I didn't see any players calling for it. I think usually the refs just look at the guy inbounding.

1) I hear you on the assistant coach. Easy to mistake that.
2) I don't agree on the timeout before the inbounds. He has his hands up, slightly separated but looks like he is waiting to see what happens there first. Its a giveaway that he pulls his hands down once the ball is in the air.
3) Ball is deflected on the inbound, making it a loose ball. No timeouts until possession is clear.
4) Nurse tries to call time out while Maxey is on the ground. Its possible he has possession, but not definitive.

Comparing these two, you can understand the caution.

Similar to the Ghost Timeout by Lebron last year.

Really great post here. I think you nailed it.

AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/23/2024  8:18 PM
Lol. I like it even more that we got the benefit of the doubt on non-calls. :) Makes the Sixers org and fans even more sour. :)

But remember, it's the officials that are the enemies. All our players can do is play hard and try to stay with the rules... and let the refs make the tough decisions. Better to be the aggressor than hope the refs bail you out.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042300112

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Clean
Member: #743
4/23/2024  8:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
Clean wrote:
The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscusinstead of repaired it. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.

Its been reported the knee is structurally stable and its a pain issue.

Keep believing those injury reports. Remember how OGs elbow is just sore? then sore turned into a bone spur. Then a bone spur turned into tendonitis. Then he secretly got surgery that no one knew about until it was over.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2024  8:47 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/23/2024  10:13 PM
Regardless of the reality - which is the refs rightly let them play in the ending sequence, not calling ticky tack fouls either way - the league has now created the perception that the Sixers were wronged. I fully expect the league via the refs to "pay back" Philly in game 3 in front of a rabid home crowd. Knicks should prepare themselves for that.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2024  11:04 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Regardless of the reality - which is the refs rightly let them play in the ending sequence, not calling ticky tack fouls either way - the league has now created the perception that the Sixers were wronged. I fully expect the league via the refs to "pay back" Philly in game 3 in front of a rabid home crowd. Knicks should prepare themselves for that.

and the Knicks can still win the game.........
Hey, Im cool with he Report. The refs let **** go all game long and were consistent.
The 2 min report does not cover the other 46 min.
Technically thats all the 2 min report covers. Kudos to the ref. Now the shoe might fall the other way for us and we on the bitch slap side of being "Wronged".

Personally I admire what Embiid is trying to do and play. he can't jump. The dude played well and helped get that lead. His limitations and not getting the rebound contributed to it disappearing. I trust he is not putting his future at risk by playing. If he was Knick we'd be celebrating the toughness.

What I don' like is his body language, the towel over his head and the "unacceptable" lines. I think he is trying to demonstrate "We are better than them" and "we will win". but really he should look at folks in the eye, say its sucks, but balls bounce both ways and we'll be ready to do better, its just one game". Thats it.

The fan stuff? don't matter.

Love the streaming dude that was celebrating and went silent! Funny stuff! Not sure who really follows a dude like that?

As for Steven A smith? After all these years why anyone would take him serious at all is beyond me. Thats what makes him funny.

Clean
Member: #743
4/24/2024  12:01 AM

Maybe it was not a joke and it really happened.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2024  12:13 AM
Clean wrote:
Maybe it was not a joke and it really happened.

Josh to OG: "You make threes, but I make the threes that break teams!"

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/24/2024  10:00 AM
the L2M report isn't anything to me. Fouls are subjective, no matter how many times you review. Refs can simply subjectively say any contact is "marginal".

DDV was hacked by Lowry but it was overturned.

Hart was pushed by Maxey with two hands, but that was subjectively ruled "marginal".

Unless it's an out of bounds, who touched it last, or was his foot on the line or did he get the shot off, most calls are subjective, whether live or upon review.

So I couldn't care less about the 2min report.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2024  10:12 AM
Phuck Phili... winning was simple.

1) Maxey doesnt secure the ball on the floor. Just grab it. He does and it's Game over

2) Nobody boxes out IHart. Embiid's ass was kinda near Josh. Pretty much everyone was ball watching that shot on the 6rs. IHart was not, crashed the boards and got the offensive rebound leading to the game winner. Box out and it's game over

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/24/2024  10:23 AM
nycericanguy wrote:the L2M report isn't anything to me. Fouls are subjective, no matter how many times you review. Refs can simply subjectively say any contact is "marginal".

Hart was pushed by Maxey with two hands, but that was subjectively ruled "marginal".

Unless it's an out of bounds, who touched it last, or was his foot on the line or did he get the shot off, most calls are subjective, whether live or upon review.

If there was a 48 min report perhaps much of that would be on it.
Refs do go over games and perhaps the aggregate of the entire game was deemed "Fair".
Thats my 2 cents. I thought it was fair.
Does that mean the 2min report is inaccurate? Its not. Its what it is.

Maxey/Lowrey got away with some stuff, as did knicks.
When it happens as it did to end the game, its a kick in the balls. Hurts more at the games end then the first period.
Take the loss like men and prove your the better team.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/24/2024  10:24 AM
nycericanguy wrote:the L2M report isn't anything to me. Fouls are subjective, no matter how many times you review. Refs can simply subjectively say any contact is "marginal".

Imagine the L2M reviewing iconic plays like Jordan’s push off Russell or Reggie’s push off Jordan … lol

4 point play from LJ probably shouldn’t have been a foul

Too many iconic moments to count required non whistles. This play will be etched in history books but it’s important we win the series for it to get the historical recognition it deserves

DLeethal

4/24/2024  10:25 AM
And yes “marginal” contact has granted a new level of subjectivity to foul calls
DLeethal

4/24/2024  11:11 AM
Listening to NBA radio ... Scalabrine's point which I agree was that the entire inbounds play was a frantic scramble from the inbounds. There was no clean inbounds, ball was loose multiple times, it wasn't as if Maxey caught the ball clean and Hart plowed him over and stole it. It was loose on the inbounds and never got into stable hands until Hart stole it. Thus warranting less of a whistle as we all know when the ball is up for grabs the refs allow for much more contact.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/24/2024  12:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:Listening to NBA radio ... Scalabrine's point which I agree was that the entire inbounds play was a frantic scramble from the inbounds. There was no clean inbounds, ball was loose multiple times, it wasn't as if Maxey caught the ball clean and Hart plowed him over and stole it. It was loose on the inbounds and never got into stable hands until Hart stole it. Thus warranting less of a whistle as we all know when the ball is up for grabs the refs allow for much more contact.

This is how I viewed it as well. Tough break for Sixers. I'd be upset too if I were a Sixers fan. Embiid whining actually makes sense to me too. Embiid's experience includes getting to the line if someone breathes on him too strongly. Probably believes everyone gets the same treatment.

This is the Randle.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/24/2024  12:39 PM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for NBA officials and would never second guess their split second decisions.

They called a great game!!!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/24/2024  12:42 PM
Thibs responds:

Extend coach already!!!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2024  12:49 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Thibs responds:

Extend coach already!!!

yeah man... that's quite a comeback. Thib's playing chess
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/24/2024  12:50 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Thibs responds:

Extend coach already!!!

This. All you can ask is that the refs are consistent, whether they're good or bad. The tone was set and it's up to the players and coaches to adjust.
Do we still complain the Greg Anthony was pushed to the floor during Reggie Miller's second three or do we acknowledge the fact that Starks missed two clutch free throws and Ewing missed a chippy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/24/2024  12:51 PM
fishmike wrote:Phuck Phili... winning was simple.

1) Maxey doesnt secure the ball on the floor. Just grab it. He does and it's Game over

2) Nobody boxes out IHart. Embiid's ass was kinda near Josh. Pretty much everyone was ball watching that shot on the 6rs. IHart was not, crashed the boards and got the offensive rebound leading to the game winner. Box out and it's game over

Embiid was 8-12 from FT's and also got a tech. Lowry was 2-4. Both guys normally shoot > 85% from FT. 7 points right there.

Philly should get after what they can control. Like FT's and rebounds, concentration and effort plays from their star, vet players.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy