[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2024  2:54 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
4/23/2024  3:30 PM

Bro, these are Playoff Grimes and Quick percentages. That is rough but at least he is taking all the attention so Hart and the other guys can get better looks.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2024  3:48 PM
Clean wrote:
Bro, these are Playoff Grimes and Quick percentages. That is rough but at least he is taking all the attention so Hart and the other guys can get better looks.
I dont see him taking a ton of bad shots. He always forces a couple but it looks like he's just not getting the roll and waiting for them to drop. He's been great on defense and finding guys, and he's still hitting some big shots late in both games.

It's brutal with 1 guy. Randle say it also. Look at Randle's supporting cast https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-eastern-conference-first-round-hawks-vs-knicks.html

To me we are really seeing solid roster creation because we are winning without a real 2nd option (that WOULD be Jules). I also think Brunson is doing what we need. He's gotta keep punching.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/23/2024  3:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
Clean wrote:
I dont see him taking a ton of bad shots. He always forces a couple but it looks like he's just not getting the roll and waiting for them to drop. He's been great on defense and finding guys, and he's still hitting some big shots late in both games.

It's brutal with 1 guy. Randle say it also. Look at Randle's supporting cast https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-eastern-conference-first-round-hawks-vs-knicks.html

To me we are really seeing solid roster creation because we are winning without a real 2nd option (that WOULD be Jules). I also think Brunson is doing what we need. He's gotta keep punching.

Randle would have dominated in spots this series. Too bad. But thats why I am not upset with Brunson this team is missing it's 1A option. I think if he was here he would be first option. While Brunson would score more as he controls the ball but imagine Philly without one of Embid or Maxey. We punching above our weight abit

martin
USA
4/23/2024  4:09 PM
Good listen

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2024  4:09 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Clean wrote:

Randle would have dominated in spots this series. Too bad. But thats why I am not upset with Brunson this team is missing it's 1A option. I think if he was here he would be first option. While Brunson would score more as he controls the ball but imagine Philly without one of Embid or Maxey. We punching above our weight abit

exactly.. Randle would be drawing Tobias or a guard. ONE of them would be cooking. That's it.

No excuses. We doing great. Boys are fighting. Phili has been better than I expected.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

4/23/2024  4:21 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:
The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscus. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.

He's a fantastic player. Amazing how he does things so well at his size. His coordination. His shot. His vision. I admire the heart to be out there hobbling, but I agree. They should shut him down before they ruin his next season. He can't protect himself with the weakness in that knee. One of those jumps is going to land awkward again and he won't be as lucky as game 1. No shame in resting the bum knee.

Different era, but I expect Lakers fans would've said the same thing about Reed playing in that famous game 7.

Listened to Hahn on the radio the other day, and the idea came up that the Sixers would've given Embiid off game 2 if they had taken game 1. Makes sense to me, but why can't we assume that Embiid wants to continue playing, especially if his doctors say he won't injure himself any more?

I see this as a player + doctor decision, & I think Embiid is the driving force behind him playing.

BTW, compare Philly & Embiid to Dallas last year, when Cuban basically had them lose in order to stay out of the play-in system so they could get a better draft slot.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
4/23/2024  4:33 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:
The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscus. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.

He's a fantastic player. Amazing how he does things so well at his size. His coordination. His shot. His vision. I admire the heart to be out there hobbling, but I agree. They should shut him down before they ruin his next season. He can't protect himself with the weakness in that knee. One of those jumps is going to land awkward again and he won't be as lucky as game 1. No shame in resting the bum knee.

Different era, but I expect Lakers fans would've said the same thing about Reed playing in that famous game 7.

Listened to Hahn on the radio the other day, and the idea came up that the Sixers would've given Embiid off game 2 if they had taken game 1. Makes sense to me, but why can't we assume that Embiid wants to continue playing, especially if his doctors say he won't injure himself any more?

I see this as a player + doctor decision, & I think Embiid is the driving force behind him playing.

BTW, compare Philly & Embiid to Dallas last year, when Cuban basically had them lose in order to stay out of the play-in system so they could get a better draft slot.

I think overall Embiids knee is in pretty good shape after surgery and he’s just tentative. I think the biggest issue with him is he is really out of shape.

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

4/23/2024  5:08 PM
knickslions wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:

I think overall Embiids knee is in pretty good shape after surgery and he’s just tentative. I think the biggest issue with him is he is really out of shape.

Definitely not in the best shape. I also assume he's leaning on his medical team to give him the truth about whether he can seriously re-injure himself & put next year's season in jeopardy by playing.
There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
foosballnick
Member: #3148

4/23/2024  5:12 PM
knickslions wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:

I'm seeing both conditioning and knee issues. In close-ups his left knee is showing to be swollen compared to his right knee, it is also getting worked on / massaged while he is on the bench. He's in obvious discomfort and as the games wear on his limp becomes more noticeable.

martin
USA
4/23/2024  5:16 PM
Lots of interesting stuff all over, really loved what Fred offers up stating around 52:15 about Thibs

martin wrote:Good listen

Clean
4/23/2024  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2024  5:21 PM

yea the ref are full of crap. To call a 2 hand shove that got him the space needed to catch the ball marginal is crazy.

How the hell is this marginal? So we can just two hand shove everyone now? If so lets start using doing that right away.
martin
USA
4/23/2024  5:22 PM
OK that’s good

martin
USA
4/23/2024  5:24 PM
Official record keeping for the Double Bang

martin
USA
4/23/2024  5:25 PM
Clean wrote:
yea the ref are full of crap. To call a 2 hand shove that got him the space needed to catch the ball marginal is crazy.

How the hell is this marginal? So we can just two hand shove everyone now? If so lets start using doing that right away.

This is straight mocking Knicks fans

Clean
4/23/2024  5:31 PM
I knew never to care what L2M said when RJ shoulder got grabbed on a dunk and they called it a good no call.
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
4/23/2024  6:15 PM
Philly can feel good about their 2 minute report and Knicks will be miserable, stuck with the 2-0 lead.

Apparently this is what being on the other side feels like? I can dig it.

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
4/23/2024  6:18 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/23/2024  7:53 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Philly can feel good about their 2 minute report and Knicks will be miserable, stuck with the 2-0 lead.

Apparently this is what being on the other side feels like? I can dig it.

At end of the day, losers find a way to lose and winner find a way to win. Embiid has been riding the "bad luck" excuse the minute he's played in the post-season. JB, Hart and Donte have shown how deep their willing to go for the win since college. Talent is good, but it means nothing without the mentality. Imagine the shame Rocky would feel watching these pussies representing the City of Brotherly Love. I wouldn't blame Iverson if he wanted to disown them. As for the Embiid/Knicks rumors:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2024  7:59 PM
Clean wrote:
The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscusinstead of repaired it. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.

Its been reported the knee is structurally stable and its a pain issue.

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy