[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
4/23/2024  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2024  11:49 AM

The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscusinstead of repaired it. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/23/2024  11:50 AM
Clean wrote:
I love her so much. Look at all the emotions she went through in such a short period of time.
this is so great. I heart her as well. She's so knowledgable and I love that her quirk doesnt feel like a schtick, rather it's her being her and doing what she loves... talking about hoops. Monica is a gem. She's OUR gem
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/23/2024  11:51 AM
Clean wrote:
The 76ers are going to cut his career short. Putting the playoffs aside he should not be playing. He already came back fast from the surgery which mean they just cut out the torn meniscus. Now playing on it while it is not healed will make things even worse down the road.

He's a fantastic player. Amazing how he does things so well at his size. His coordination. His shot. His vision. I admire the heart to be out there hobbling, but I agree. They should shut him down before they ruin his next season. He can't protect himself with the weakness in that knee. One of those jumps is going to land awkward again and he won't be as lucky as game 1. No shame in resting the bum knee.

This is the Randle.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/23/2024  11:51 AM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:love this angle

Melo gets to enjoy a great playoff moment on the hardwood of MSG!!!!!

I can't see the tweet but Melo, Starks and Spree jumping up and down all game (especially in the last few min of the 4th) like the rest of fans doesn't get talked enough.

Loved to see it and hope the organization also took noticed. Enjoyed seeing them into the game like that and hope they continue to sit them together in the future

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/23/2024  11:55 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Nalod wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

You know, aside from the premature celebration, I give the Sixers announcers credit here. Kept it composed as things crumbled around them. Can you imagine the Boston guys in this scenario?

A bit homer centric but thats what home broadcasts are for. the announcers could not see the plays. was likely seeing it via monitor. Nurse called time out when they did not have possession. Hard to see in real time when the ball was loose.
Yeah, they did have composure as it all melted down.

that was just so... dull... as if it was a casual possession. I've had to listen to opposing broadcasters b/c I stream now, and man, most of them are awful. really makes you appreciate CLyde and Breen.

Man, they're like Stepford Wife announcers - very even keel. If I were a Sixers announcer I would have been like, "THAT'S Bull****! They need to look at the replay!"

I appreciate the homerism of our Knick announcers. :)

And I think that minimally, the refs chose to give the players a chance to make shots (we did when it mattered most).

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
USA
4/23/2024  11:55 AM
mad respect for Embiid and Maxey. Maxey is fantastic and gonna be a pain for years to come. Embiid has had some monster games clearly hobbled. That being said every time I watch him play in games like this all I can think is "this is not sustainable"

They just gonna run him out there till he breaks and go from there?

Clean
4/23/2024  12:04 PM

This was amazing! Went from talking trash to dead silent.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/23/2024  12:21 PM
Clean wrote:
This was amazing! Went from talking trash to dead silent.

Brilliant.

Man it's been fun watching these clips!

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/23/2024  12:41 PM
I've watched the replays so many times - my eyes are still bleeding blue and orange tears of joy.

* Did the refs check whether Brunson was on the line on his 3? On TV it's not so clear - (the ref on the line was right there and there was no announcement of automatic review to determine whether it was a 2 or 3)
* Nurse had his hands up and ready to call a TO on the inbounds. That's normal procedure. It looks like his hands came together a split second after Lowry sent the ball inbounds.
* IMHO, there were two potential fouls on the inbounds: "incidental" contact when Maxey pushed off on Hart to gain some separation. Incidental contact again when Brunson snagged on Maxey's jersey. The refs apparently didn't see these as having significant impact.
* I'm not clear why the ball popped out of Maxey's hands. Did Brunson deflect it, did Lowry use a little too much force, or did Maxey just mishandle it?
* Once they got to the corner and Hart/Brunson swarmed, I think Maxey went down because Hart made contact with the ball with his chest. I was looking at whether he tripped up on Hart's leg, but at a different angle there's a lot of space between them, so no. I think he went down because Hart bumped the ball.
* Then Maxey regathered the ball with his arms outstretched toward his own basket. Maxey *could* have made a football fumble play, hugged the ball to clearly show possession, and called a timeout. If he did that the refs probably would have granted Nurse the TO. That might have iced the game. Maxey *chose* to try to make a basketball play - he turned and made a bad choice to swing the ball right in front of Hart and was looking toward Embiid and searching for a teammate to pass to - I think he considered passing between Hart's legs. In that moment of indecision, Hart just picked up the ball since Maxey didn't have any leverage to hold on to it.

The idea of a foul in today's NBA is pretty weird to me. In standard offensive/defensive situations, it seems like the refs are letting the players play and giving them a chance to make/miss the shots. The areas where they intervene are when a player has beaten his man and is pushed off his path, if contact to another player results in a loose ball, and a player's shot is significantly affected by contact. Maybe it's just me, but I think we see a lot fewer fouls on dunks even when it's apparent to everyone the player has been mugged. (I'm very unclear what's an and-1 situation in today's NBA - those should be extremely rare)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/23/2024  12:56 PM
Maybe I owe Nurse an apology. After multiple reviews I realized I was looking at an assistant coach. Nick briefly motions for time out while Lowry still has possession but Lowry then tosses it in. Nurse also motion for timeout when Maxey is on the floor with the ball. I'd say both instances last for about .5 seconds. Not sure how fast the refs are supposed to react. Nurse had ample opportunity to call timeout before Lowry inbounded the ball. I didn't see any players calling for it. I think usually the refs just look at the guy inbounding.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/23/2024  1:08 PM
https://www.libertyballers.com/2022/4/19/23031611/joel-embiid-nick-nurse-sixers-raptors-nba-playoffs-doc-rivers-danny-green

Joel Embiid ‘respectfully’ asks Nick Nurse to ‘stop bitching about calls’

lol

Clean
4/23/2024  1:41 PM
I am disappointed in Monica. She sat there and listened to SAS lie that the Coach was calling for a timeout the whole time and she said nothing about the Maxey shove on Hart while SAS says the Sixers were robbed becaused maxey got fouled. What even is the point of her being there when she is not even going to attempt to correct him or at least give the other side.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/23/2024  1:42 PM
Sorry but not gonna buy the Sixers narrative when they got the most absurd overturn of a foul call that swung the game. Maxey initiated more contact on that inbounds than Brunson or Hart. He fell on his own and tried to sell it by coughing up the ball. He made a bad play
Live with it.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/23/2024  1:44 PM
Clean wrote:I am disappointed in Monica. She sat there and listened to SAS lie that the Coach was calling for a timeout the whole time and she said nothing about the Maxey shove on Hart while SAS says the Sixers were robbed becaused maxey got fouled. What even is the point of her being there when she is not even going to attempt to correct him or at least give the other side.

SAS such a fraud of a human. Is he a Knicks fan or his no.1 MO trying yo draw attention to himself to go viral. He is a waste

EwingsGlass
USA
4/23/2024  1:59 PM
VDesai wrote:
Clean wrote:I am disappointed in Monica. She sat there and listened to SAS lie that the Coach was calling for a timeout the whole time and she said nothing about the Maxey shove on Hart while SAS says the Sixers were robbed becaused maxey got fouled. What even is the point of her being there when she is not even going to attempt to correct him or at least give the other side.

SAS such a fraud of a human. Is he a Knicks fan or his no.1 MO trying yo draw attention to himself to go viral. He is a waste

That SAS is “representative” of NY Knicks fans is a disgrace. He is a caricature of a human being in the mold of George Jefferson. It’s an awful stereotype at best for NY. Talk loud and mangle facts with sass in the facial expressions.

I love that guys like Perk and Reddick are trying to change the NY Knicks narrative. I think there are better options than SAS to have meaningful conversations and ESPN should embrace the alternatives.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
USA
4/23/2024  2:05 PM
Phuck Phili and any bitchy narrative they might have. This game comes down to one simple play. When DD missed the first 3 Embiid stood there and watched the ball like it was the 4th of july and he's got some popcorn. While that ball was floating in the air Isaiah flies in, grabs the board and kicks it to OG->DD-> game winner

2 morals here...

1) box out or STFU
2) I love boobies

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/23/2024  2:12 PM

Lol cut her some slack, she can't go challenge Stephen A on there. They know their roles. He's the king of the show.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/23/2024  2:18 PM
Knicks need to continue to run

I am wondering if Precious should get some more minutes. Seems to me if he's out there it's tougher for the sixers to use Oubre or Batum on Brunson

(5)(5)
EwingsGlass
USA
4/23/2024  2:27 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Maybe I owe Nurse an apology. After multiple reviews I realized I was looking at an assistant coach. Nick briefly motions for time out while Lowry still has possession but Lowry then tosses it in. Nurse also motion for timeout when Maxey is on the floor with the ball. I'd say both instances last for about .5 seconds. Not sure how fast the refs are supposed to react. Nurse had ample opportunity to call timeout before Lowry inbounded the ball. I didn't see any players calling for it. I think usually the refs just look at the guy inbounding.

1) I hear you on the assistant coach. Easy to mistake that.
2) I don't agree on the timeout before the inbounds. He has his hands up, slightly separated but looks like he is waiting to see what happens there first. Its a giveaway that he pulls his hands down once the ball is in the air.
3) Ball is deflected on the inbound, making it a loose ball. No timeouts until possession is clear.
4) Nurse tries to call time out while Maxey is on the ground. Its possible he has possession, but not definitive.

Comparing these two, you can understand the caution.

Similar to the Ghost Timeout by Lebron last year.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2024  2:35 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy