[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  12:13 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:oh ****

fishmike wrote:

Put Maxey down for 40 points and minutes then. We still win though.

yeah he is just trying to do his flu-Jordan impression

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
4/22/2024  12:48 PM
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/22/2024  1:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Call me a homer but I think we win comfortably by 10-15 points tonight.
Im trying to be cool but I also think we smoke them tonight. ESPECIALLY on offense the Knicks are very much a rhythm team. We are young. Its a mature 20s squad w/ Bogs who's also been a playoff sniper and has come out like a gunslinger.

Right now we are running a legit 8 deep. Deuce/Bogs/Mitch can play any time and with anyone else with the one obvious exception (Mitch and IHart are not playing together). Oubre was right... they are like starters. They play like starters and all mesh like starters. It's ****ing wild.

I lurked on the 76rs board on Reddit and let me tell you they are confident. REALY confident. Here's the trending thoughts:
Knicks needed 3 3's from Josh who never hits 3s
Knicks needed 20 from a bench scrub and that's not happening again (McBride)
Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson
Knicks have no answer for Maxey who prolly drops 50

I think tonight is a good night for Knick fans. Lets see what Thibs and Brunson have cooked up.

Listened to the most recent KFTV podcast and Alex brought up an interesting stat. Josh shoots like 40% from three on shots at the end of the shot clock. I'm not going to speculate as to why, I'm just going to say they're plan to leave Hart open at the end of the shotclock backfired. Deuce shot 41% from three this season while playing solid minutes off the bench. He's not a guy you leave open and it was too late by the time they figured it out. Will I expect Deuce to explode like that every game? No, but he has shown all season that he will make teams pay. Donte will be overrated if doesn't hit threes, but he's been hitting them all season. No reason to think he won't bounce back. He's shown that he's a gamer. As for Brunson, they're delusional if they think he won't bounce back. From my viewpoint, I'm encouraged they were still able to win considering how many things didn't go right. Especially after that monster game from Paul Reed.

Yea I mentioned in the thread it seems Hart has a knack for hitting big shots even if his numbers overall are subpar. That shot clock stat is a good one.

DLeethal

4/22/2024  1:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  1:10 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Call me a homer but I think we win comfortably by 10-15 points tonight.
Im trying to be cool but I also think we smoke them tonight. ESPECIALLY on offense the Knicks are very much a rhythm team. We are young. Its a mature 20s squad w/ Bogs who's also been a playoff sniper and has come out like a gunslinger.

Right now we are running a legit 8 deep. Deuce/Bogs/Mitch can play any time and with anyone else with the one obvious exception (Mitch and IHart are not playing together). Oubre was right... they are like starters. They play like starters and all mesh like starters. It's ****ing wild.

I lurked on the 76rs board on Reddit and let me tell you they are confident. REALY confident. Here's the trending thoughts:
Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

I think tonight is a good night for Knick fans. Lets see what Thibs and Brunson have cooked up.

I guess that's why they aren't coaching. No way for Philly to win the series if the Knicks are getting 23 offensive boards a night. ESPN put up an article about the 76ers making a commitment to rebounding. One possibility brought up was playing Reed with Embiid which kind of tells all you need to know.

Basketball reference has Furman Kormaz listed as playing 85 minutes with Embiid this season and Jaden McDaniels at 145 last season, and no Paul Reed meaning over the last two seasons Embiid and Reed have played less than 220 minutes together. Reed is listed at playing 98% of his minutes at center the past two seasons, so this is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of trying to figure out how to keep the Knicks off the boards. Also, I don't really think rebounding is something you can figure out 85 games into the season.

Knicks have struggled against fast and athletic guards for awhile- Coby White smoked New York in the season finale. That being said Maxey is -58 vs. New York over 4 games this season despite averaging his 26 per game.

So far PHI has only won the one game where they held NY to 73 points. The bigger issue for PHILLY is if they can continue playing Lowry for 39 minutes- something he hasn't done since December of 2022 before Sunday.

Anyway, I'll be interested if Mitchell gets the start. It seems like a pretty easy adjustment for New York and I wouldnt be surprised to see IHart crush the 76ers bench.

I don't think we are gonna switch the starting lineup like that after a W. I could be wrong - Thibs switched it up to matchup against Steph but that also turned into a long term adjustment and not just a game switch. We can always go to Mitch early, and we also don't want him picking up early fouls.

Knicks got smoked in IHart's minutes. I don't think it's too analogous to the McBride starting decision vs. GSW. Robinson started every game prior to his injury.

Just seems a little too reactionary after one game that we ended up winning. Most of the starters struggled - iHart/DDV/Brunson and even OG played subpar.

DLeethal

4/22/2024  1:20 PM
I wouldn't make any lineup changes, give the starters a chance to bounce back collectively. They've earned it. Be ready to use Mitch and Deuce early if Maxey/Embiid come out guns blazing. Also, if Philly continues to use their big wings on Brunson then use Bogie again to exploit the mismatches presented to him.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/22/2024  1:42 PM
Dont change the lineup.

Deuce should play big minutes regardless. Knicks formula is one of Donte or Deuce is making a big percentage of 3s. If neither are on its tough to win. Donte needs to have a chance - but I like Deuce on Maxey.

Hartenstein has to start. You need 12 fouls on Embiid the way he gets whistles. Dont forget Hartenstein has done well in this matchup before (Game 1 against Philly was his best of the year). Don't count him out.

Maxey and Embiid questionable is gamesmanship. Maxey is sick? No chance he misses this game. Embiid will keep playing till his knee breaks.

martin
USA
4/22/2024  1:43 PM
He was kinda squinting, blinking weird at one point in game.

VDesai
USA
4/22/2024  2:05 PM
He said he took a shot to the face during the game and wore shades in the locker room
DLeethal

4/22/2024  2:11 PM
VDesai wrote:Dont change the lineup.

Deuce should play big minutes regardless. Knicks formula is one of Donte or Deuce is making a big percentage of 3s. If neither are on its tough to win. Donte needs to have a chance - but I like Deuce on Maxey.

Hartenstein has to start. You need 12 fouls on Embiid the way he gets whistles. Dont forget Hartenstein has done well in this matchup before (Game 1 against Philly was his best of the year). Don't count him out.

Maxey and Embiid questionable is gamesmanship. Maxey is sick? No chance he misses this game. Embiid will keep playing till his knee breaks.

Embiid is a first quarter player - I know it sounds counterintuitive but I think the last thing we want is to start Mitch on him and get 1-2 early fouls. Would rather let Hartenstein do his best for the first 8 minutes and just weather that storm from Embiid.

DLeethal

4/22/2024  2:12 PM
martin wrote:He was kinda squinting, blinking weird at one point in game.

When he hurt his knee his eyes were like rolling in the back of his head as he lied on the ground

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/22/2024  2:13 PM
SergioNYK wrote:

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  2:29 PM
Those that don't want to play for Thibs make it a badge of honor.
MaTT4281
USA
4/22/2024  2:38 PM
I'll tell you one player that doesn't want to be anywhere near Thibs...

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  2:56 PM
DLeethal wrote:
VDesai wrote:Dont change the lineup.

Embiid is a first quarter player - I know it sounds counterintuitive but I think the last thing we want is to start Mitch on him and get 1-2 early fouls. Would rather let Hartenstein do his best for the first 8 minutes and just weather that storm from Embiid.

I would go hard on Embiid. The Knicks have real depth at C with Hartenstein, Robinson, Achiuwa and Sims. I'd make Embiid put the ball on the floor and make him prove that his knee is working. See if he wants to bang for rebounds. Make him do work.

I don't believe for a second that Maxey is out tonight. Love that the Sixers need tricks to compete. The high double screen worked really well. But I am sure the Knicks will adapt to it in the short term. Should see more Precious to help out there.

This is the Randle.
MaTT4281
USA
4/22/2024  3:03 PM
Surprise ruined.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/22/2024  3:31 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Those that don't want to play for Thibs make it a badge of honor.
yup... and Im not touching anyone that doesnt WANT this. Dont want the smoke stay away from the fire. You can see the "type" of player that thrives here and that's what we want more of.

If we cant find more we'll grow our own (exhibit A: Miles "Deuce" McBride)

I dont know what I am more excited about... the way the bench played or the inevitable bounce back games coming from the backcourt. DD is ever bit the gamer as the other Nova guys.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/22/2024  3:41 PM
regarding embid and sunglasses sometimes when people get a concussion they are very sensitive to light. Just saying.

during the season i kept pleading for clutch shooting. Well Bogey and OG showed they can hit big shots and who knew Deuce had ice in his veins. I knew Hart plays best in big moments but shooting too???

anyway, Knicks should run. Best way to wear down Embid.

go knicks!!

(5)(5)
VDesai
USA
4/22/2024  3:45 PM
Chandler wrote:regarding embid and sunglasses sometimes when people get a concussion they are very sensitive to light. Just saying.

during the season i kept pleading for clutch shooting. Well Bogey and OG showed they can hit big shots and who knew Deuce had ice in his veins. I knew Hart plays best in big moments but shooting too???

go knicks!!

Did he fall on his head on that dunk?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  3:48 PM
Chandler wrote:regarding embid and sunglasses sometimes when people get a concussion they are very sensitive to light. Just saying.

go knicks!!

Seemed like his eye was a contact issue. They were working on his contacts in the pre-game. I'd guess his sunglasses are prescription and it was easier to wear them then his contacts.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2024  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  4:04 PM
fishmike wrote:

Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

We sound just as silly ourselves at times.
Those Philly phan's? Talk all they want but they not the ones playing.
They take what's in front and extrapolate.
Like we don't? LOL

Fact is Philly played a good game and came out swinging. Harts last three? The double clutch off balance one? It was a bad shot. But it went in. They did contain Brunson. Our bench scrub (Deuce)? 23 year old who been given a bag and in rotation is not a scrub. They got a good game from Batum vs. Miami and expect more? Naw, they likely have high expectations and yelling at the TV for him to walk the **** up! Knicks have no answer for Maxey? Sure we did. We won. What was the question?

Philly will put up a good fight tonite. If no Embiid, maybe more so. It happens. Star player out and rest of team steps up. Harris gets good games once in a while.

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy