[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
4/22/2024  7:35 AM

AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/22/2024  7:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  7:39 AM
Expecting Brunson and DVo to bounce back and have huge games.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/22/2024  8:57 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Expecting Brunson and DVo to bounce back and have huge games.

Absolutely. I think they need to change how they cover Maxey in the first half. They had OG guarding him and they ran him off screens and put OG in a bad spot giving him 2 early fouls. I think they need to let DDV cover him and give a lot of help on drives.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/22/2024  9:03 AM
Call me a homer but I think we win comfortably by 10-15 points tonight.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/22/2024  9:44 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

Absolutely. I think they need to change how they cover Maxey in the first half. They had OG guarding him and they ran him off screens and put OG in a bad spot giving him 2 early fouls. I think they need to let DDV cover him and give a lot of help on drives.

Thinking the same thing. OG is getting caught on the second pick. And Embiid high pick is leaving the paint pretty wide open for Maxey's eurostep. Hard to guard.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2024  9:49 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

But it was effective. Once Embiid was slowed the defense gave Maxy the lanes a bit more. Seemed the game was in hand. curious if they put OG on Maxy again.
With Joash and OG knicks are very flexible what they do. Mitch was very mobile yesterday and able to leave Embiid in the second half.

I respect for Joel doing that dunk. That really would the lifted his team even more.
Again, did Jalen and DDV have off games or Phillie defense really do a good job on him. Oubre really was on his ass the whole game and it was effective.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/22/2024  10:28 AM
DLeethal wrote:Call me a homer but I think we win comfortably by 10-15 points tonight.
Im trying to be cool but I also think we smoke them tonight. ESPECIALLY on offense the Knicks are very much a rhythm team. We are young. Its a mature 20s squad w/ Bogs who's also been a playoff sniper and has come out like a gunslinger.

Right now we are running a legit 8 deep. Deuce/Bogs/Mitch can play any time and with anyone else with the one obvious exception (Mitch and IHart are not playing together). Oubre was right... they are like starters. They play like starters and all mesh like starters. It's ****ing wild.

I lurked on the 76rs board on Reddit and let me tell you they are confident. REALY confident. Here's the trending thoughts:
Knicks needed 3 3's from Josh who never hits 3s
Knicks needed 20 from a bench scrub and that's not happening again (McBride)
Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson
Knicks have no answer for Maxey who prolly drops 50

I think tonight is a good night for Knick fans. Lets see what Thibs and Brunson have cooked up.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  10:46 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Thinking the same thing. OG is getting caught on the second pick. And Embiid high pick is leaving the paint pretty wide open for Maxey's eurostep. Hard to guard.

Yup. It's the same as Knicks run with Brunson and Randle (when healthy).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/22/2024  10:56 AM
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  10:57 AM
I do not expect the Knicks to cake walk. Philly is a tough opponent.

I was thinking what if I were a Sixers fan - would I want Joel to risk longer term injury for the short term against the Knicks? Of course I hope he sits!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/22/2024  10:57 AM
oh ****

fishmike wrote:
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal

4/22/2024  10:58 AM
Just saw the Maxey news. After watching Embiid go from looking like a corpse to playing the whole second half I'm gonna assume everyone is healthy and playing to their full potential no matter what.
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/22/2024  11:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Call me a homer but I think we win comfortably by 10-15 points tonight.
Im trying to be cool but I also think we smoke them tonight. ESPECIALLY on offense the Knicks are very much a rhythm team. We are young. Its a mature 20s squad w/ Bogs who's also been a playoff sniper and has come out like a gunslinger.

Right now we are running a legit 8 deep. Deuce/Bogs/Mitch can play any time and with anyone else with the one obvious exception (Mitch and IHart are not playing together). Oubre was right... they are like starters. They play like starters and all mesh like starters. It's ****ing wild.

I lurked on the 76rs board on Reddit and let me tell you they are confident. REALY confident. Here's the trending thoughts:
Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

I think tonight is a good night for Knick fans. Lets see what Thibs and Brunson have cooked up.

I guess that's why they aren't coaching. No way for Philly to win the series if the Knicks are getting 23 offensive boards a night. ESPN put up an article about the 76ers making a commitment to rebounding. One possibility brought up was playing Reed with Embiid which kind of tells all you need to know.

Basketball reference has Furman Kormaz listed as playing 85 minutes with Embiid this season and Jaden McDaniels at 145 last season, and no Paul Reed meaning over the last two seasons Embiid and Reed have played less than 220 minutes together. Reed is listed at playing 98% of his minutes at center the past two seasons, so this is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of trying to figure out how to keep the Knicks off the boards. Also, I don't really think rebounding is something you can figure out 85 games into the season.

Knicks have struggled against fast and athletic guards for awhile- Coby White smoked New York in the season finale. That being said Maxey is -58 vs. New York over 4 games this season despite averaging his 26 per game.

So far PHI has only won the one game where they held NY to 73 points. The bigger issue for PHILLY is if they can continue playing Lowry for 39 minutes- something he hasn't done since December of 2022 before Sunday.

Anyway, I'll be interested if Mitchell gets the start. It seems like a pretty easy adjustment for New York and I wouldnt be surprised to see IHart crush the 76ers bench.

DLeethal

4/22/2024  11:37 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

I guess that's why they aren't coaching. No way for Philly to win the series if the Knicks are getting 23 offensive boards a night. ESPN put up an article about the 76ers making a commitment to rebounding. One possibility brought up was playing Reed with Embiid which kind of tells all you need to know.

Basketball reference has Furman Kormaz listed as playing 85 minutes with Embiid this season and Jaden McDaniels at 145 last season, and no Paul Reed meaning over the last two seasons Embiid and Reed have played less than 220 minutes together. Reed is listed at playing 98% of his minutes at center the past two seasons, so this is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of trying to figure out how to keep the Knicks off the boards. Also, I don't really think rebounding is something you can figure out 85 games into the season.

Knicks have struggled against fast and athletic guards for awhile- Coby White smoked New York in the season finale. That being said Maxey is -58 vs. New York over 4 games this season despite averaging his 26 per game.

So far PHI has only won the one game where they held NY to 73 points. The bigger issue for PHILLY is if they can continue playing Lowry for 39 minutes- something he hasn't done since December of 2022 before Sunday.

Anyway, I'll be interested if Mitchell gets the start. It seems like a pretty easy adjustment for New York and I wouldnt be surprised to see IHart crush the 76ers bench.

I don't think we are gonna switch the starting lineup like that after a W. I could be wrong - Thibs switched it up to matchup against Steph but that also turned into a long term adjustment and not just a game switch. We can always go to Mitch early, and we also don't want him picking up early fouls.

DLeethal

4/22/2024  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2024  11:38 AM
Knicks tend to have these games where everything is clicking on all cylinders and they just blow teams out of the water. We've seen them do it, a lot, against really good teams this year. Most recently Boston. I just have a feeling we get one of those tonight.
DLeethal

4/22/2024  11:39 AM
The second game of our home B2B with Philly, first where we were ice cold and lost a 79-74 game while Maxey was out, followed it up by blowing them out start to finish and won by 25 with Maxey in.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/22/2024  11:47 AM
fishmike wrote:

Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

How about this line up?
JB
IL Duce
Devo
I Hartford
Mitch

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/22/2024  11:50 AM
fishmike wrote:

Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

Listened to the most recent KFTV podcast and Alex brought up an interesting stat. Josh shoots like 40% from three on shots at the end of the shot clock. I'm not going to speculate as to why, I'm just going to say they're plan to leave Hart open at the end of the shotclock backfired. Deuce shot 41% from three this season while playing solid minutes off the bench. He's not a guy you leave open and it was too late by the time they figured it out. Will I expect Deuce to explode like that every game? No, but he has shown all season that he will make teams pay. Donte will be overrated if doesn't hit threes, but he's been hitting them all season. No reason to think he won't bounce back. He's shown that he's a gamer. As for Brunson, they're delusional if they think he won't bounce back. From my viewpoint, I'm encouraged they were still able to win considering how many things didn't go right. Especially after that monster game from Paul Reed.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/22/2024  11:54 AM
DLeethal wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Donte is overrated
Phili contained Brunson

I don't think we are gonna switch the starting lineup like that after a W. I could be wrong - Thibs switched it up to matchup against Steph but that also turned into a long term adjustment and not just a game switch. We can always go to Mitch early, and we also don't want him picking up early fouls.

Knicks got smoked in IHart's minutes. I don't think it's too analogous to the McBride starting decision vs. GSW. Robinson started every game prior to his injury.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/22/2024  12:07 PM
martin wrote:oh ****

fishmike wrote:

Put Maxey down for 40 points and minutes then. We still win though.

[GT 4/22/24 7:30PM TNT/MSG] R1G2 Knicks vs Sixers (NYK 1-0)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy