[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brunson Question
Author Thread
ccch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3876

4/21/2024  8:33 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way...I am not criticizing Jalen. In fact he is why we are here today but does anyone feel he is:
1. Trying to make things happen too much.
2. Dribbling too much causing unnecessary turnovers.
3. Not letting the game come to him instead of forcing shots.
I realize this is playoff basketball with a lot of pressure on everyone but I feel we'd be better off if he'd let the game come to him.
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/21/2024  9:10 AM
ccch wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way...I am not criticizing Jalen. In fact he is why we are here today but does anyone feel he is:
I realize this is playoff basketball with a lot of pressure on everyone but I feel we'd be better off if he'd let the game come to him.

Is this a cut and paste from an old Randle thread?
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/21/2024  9:24 AM
Makes sense that he is trying to carry the team a bit. Must be frustrating to have Kelly Oubre’s dumbass 7’0 up on him with Maxey’s athleticism trailing him with the other Sixers jumping the gap and leaving Hart and OG pretty much wide open but needing acrobatic moves to get the ball to them. Embiid in the paint takes away a lot of his maneuverability. This is where a Robinson lob play would be helpful. Would keep them honest.

I just give credit to Philly for the defensive scheme. They are putting a lot of length in front of Brunson.

I kind of hate that they got Oubre and Lowry for vet min contracts. But that’s the game these days.

Gonna be a tough series. But I think the Knicks franchise will be better for it.

This is the Randle.
ccch
Member: #3876

4/21/2024  9:25 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
ccch wrote:Please don't take this the wrong way...I am not criticizing Jalen. In fact he is why we are here today but does anyone feel he is:

Is this a cut and paste from an old Randle thread?

No... but very similar comparison.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2024  9:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  9:38 AM

About once every 15 games he does this. Still learning to be 1A. Took Jordan years of playoffs to get to King status.

Best part!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/21/2024  9:44 AM
martin wrote:

About once every 15 games he does this. Still learning to be 1A. Took Jordan years of playoffs to get to King status.

Best part!

It was so great! Divo and IHart didn't play their best either. What does this do to their confidence?

martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:53 AM
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/21/2024  11:05 AM
martin wrote:

Still laughing that those "18+ misses" vs the Spurs still came on over 50% shooting.

martin
USA
4/21/2024  11:34 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

Still laughing that those "18+ misses" vs the Spurs still came on over 50% shooting.

Ha I didn’t even notice

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2024  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  1:55 PM

Or credit the 76ers executing a game plan by which they limited BOTH DDV and Jalen?
That as not a typical 8th seed so lets not get all full of ourselves thinking knicks failed to exact their will upon a lessor opponent. Its the NBA.

That team of vets executed a game plan and as the game announcers alluded to, they gave Josh Hart the opportunity and he executed WHAT THEY GAVE HIM. This is how things work.

Its is not just Jalen having a bad game or is too ambitious. Its that Philly contributed. Oubre was on his ass pressing him and denying him when able. When it mattered, we had OG on Maxy. I forgot if we switched him off but we contained him until Embiid was basically in effect and they were able to spring Maxy loose. By then were had the game under control.

I thought despite Brunson and DDV's off day kicks (and perhaps by Thibs) adjusted to what they thru at us. Proof? We executed and won.
Knicks did a good job on Embiid despite his bum knee.

Kudo's to Joel for letting it loose and trying that self allyoop. Oh wait, not just attempted it, the man executed it! Ballsy play. I hated that he got hurt. Not saying I take the win. Reality is. Philly was the 2nd-3rd seed if Embiid hurt, and perhaps Knicks with randle was right there or better.

iHart played well. He moved the ball and defended well.
But this was Mitch "comeback" game well rested and conditioned. Thibs trusted him in the end and he delivered with those two free throws!1!!1
Mitch was blocking shots and made some key plays.

This notion that Jalen is star that carries us? Its nice. Reality is we won with Depth. Bojan had good game, Deuce was key when Jalen was out and Mitch was in beast mode. ALL OFF THE BENCH!!! Few teams have that depth. Yesterday it was the difference.

Philly might try the same plan and perhaps our bench/Josh does not execute and they get next game. Or we do a better job getting Jalen spung with him moving the ball sooner.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/23/2024  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2024  8:29 AM
martin wrote:

Best part!

I have mentioned this when defending Randle and Melo in the past. Many Knick fans still have PTSD from Jordan seemingly single handedly kicking our asses all those years. They feel our best player should be able to do the same or else they should be traded.
Fact of the matter is, if anyone has played the sport will tell you, playoff or championship games are much different than regular season games. Coaching staffs have much more time to prepare for and practice specifically to stop another trams best player. What's happening to JB is par for the course. Only a top 5 NBA talent can probably overcome that type of defensive attention. Reason why having plenty of shooters and a second or even third go to option is what is needed to win a chip.
Or we can just keep moaning and complaining about every solid player we have who is not able to single handedly overcome opposing teams adjustments and focus.
We are fortunate to have JHarts effort, Ragu's timely shooting, Deuces game one performance and so many contributing role players. This is a deep team. But JB is going to continue getting the brunt of the defensive focus and the blame from fans that don't see behind the numbers. Will agree that his first adjustment will and has been to pass and trust his team mates. May lead to some losses but the only option if you are getting that much attention.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
4/23/2024  8:33 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Best part!

I have mentioned this when defending Randle and Melo in the past. Many Knick fans still have PTSD from Jordan seemingly single handedly kicking our asses all those years. They feel our best player should be able to do the same or else they should be traded.
Fact of the matter is, if anyone has played the sport will tell you, playoff or championship games are much different than regular season games. Coaching staffs have much more time to prepare for and practice specifically to stop another trams best player. What's happening to JB is par for the course. Only a top 5 NBA talent can probably overcome that type of defensive attention. Reason why having plenty of shooters and a second or even third go to option is what is needed to win a chip.
Or we can just keep moaning and complaining about every solid player we have who is not able to single handedly overcome opposing teams adjustments and focus.
We are fortunate to have JHarts effort, Ragu's timely shooting, Deuces game one performance and so many contributing role players. This is a deep team. But JB is going to continue getting the brunt of the defensive focus and the blame from fans that don't see behind the numbers. Will agree that his first adjustment will and has been to pass and trust his team mates. May lead to some losses but the only option if you are getting that much attention.

It's half as easy to game plan for Maxey or Embiid when one of them is out, or you can put double the emphasis on the other guy, same deal.

It's the same when Randle out. No excuse, just reality. And Philly got the perfect players to throw at Jalen in Oubre and Batum and then Lowry.

Brunson not been his best. It'll come. He is a learner. He hit a big shot too.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/23/2024  9:43 AM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Best part!

It's half as easy to game plan for Maxey or Embiid when one of them is out, or you can put double the emphasis on the other guy, same deal.

It's the same when Randle out. No excuse, just reality. And Philly got the perfect players to throw at Jalen in Oubre and Batum and then Lowry.

Good point about Embid and Maxey. They are showing that a third elite player is what they need. Or a couple more knock down 3pt shooters. Harris and Lowry doing a decent job but hardly noticing anyone else on the team. May also be a bit of Embid and Maxey needing to learn how to get others involved. Maxey has always reminded me of IQ. Including IQs propensity to be a shoot first PG.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
USA
4/23/2024  10:46 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Best part!

Good point about Embid and Maxey. They are showing that a third elite player is what they need. Or a couple more knock down 3pt shooters. Harris and Lowry doing a decent job but hardly noticing anyone else on the team. May also be a bit of Embid and Maxey needing to learn how to get others involved. Maxey has always reminded me of IQ. Including IQs propensity to be a shoot first PG.

I am kind of thinking that two plus a core of two-way players is the way to go. Philly is benefiting from Oubre at 2mm, Lowry at 2mm, Batum at 10mm. Gonna be hard to replace those at market value. There is a weakness in their roster. They must be hoping to fill in the stars and then fill the roster with undervalued vet min contracts again.

These long wingspan defenders are showing their worth though, no?

This is the Randle.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/23/2024  4:21 PM
He is doing the same thing that he has been doing all season. Same shots. Not going in because sixers are doubling down that the refs will continue not calling enough fouls for brunson. He is getting worn down. I mean the Batum oline blocking drill on Jalen is ridiculous. When he drives the amount of hands ripping on his arm is ridiculous.
EwingsGlass
USA
4/23/2024  4:44 PM
NYKBocker wrote:He is doing the same thing that he has been doing all season. Same shots. Not going in because sixers are doubling down that the refs will continue not calling enough fouls for brunson. He is getting worn down. I mean the Batum oline blocking drill on Jalen is ridiculous. When he drives the amount of hands ripping on his arm is ridiculous.

U think he has to alter his shot trajectory to get over the 7'0+ wingspans of Oubre, Batum and Embiid.

This is the Randle.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/23/2024  6:17 PM
martin wrote:

Best part!

Thinking similarly. He has short time periods of slumps. Like how he started the season. And a couple games when we started losing games after we lost like 5 core pieces.

Then he proceeds to lay a blowtorch to his opponents. Teams should be very concerned that Knicks are stealing games while he is in the slump mode.

Doesn't help though that 76ers are allowed to foul him all game. Especially since Embiid gets 12fts for sneezing on him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
USA
4/23/2024  7:50 PM
3rd scorer? Yes they need it. EmBEAST healthy and that Harden dude would be pretty potent.
They have the cap space to sign someone or take on trade.
Dudes do get healthy. Lavine? Twin tower with KAT?
Even a Bojan could have helped.
Lets not forget Bojan hung 20per on a ****ty Detroit team. Likely not as much on a good team but bench scoring is an issue.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/23/2024  8:31 PM
Sixers have made it tough on him all year. It’ll probably be a long series but maybe he breaks out. Knicks formula can work as long as other guys hit their shots while they go all out to contain Brunson. Then next round, God willing, Brunson has matchups he will absolutely feast on whether it’s Bucks or Indy. Just survive until then.
Nalod
USA
4/23/2024  11:10 PM
DLeethal wrote:Sixers have made it tough on him all year. It’ll probably be a long series but maybe he breaks out. Knicks formula can work as long as other guys hit their shots while they go all out to contain Brunson. Then next round, God willing, Brunson has matchups he will absolutely feast on whether it’s Bucks or Indy. Just survive until then.

yep. The Sixers defense is giving things to us and our role players are getting it done. The games are close. not like Sixers are failing here. They are mostly getting it done. Our depth and grit is the margin we have over them.
Brunson is by virtue of Oubre and Batum's efforts are taking their offensive energy away. Jalen is making them work!

Brunson Question

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy